Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
People seem kind irrationally upset about vaping itt, like i only see people doing it occasionally where i live and its just like one dude asking the bartender if they can vape inside, the bartender saying sure, then the dude puffing away. I've never really noticed an odor from it and no one else at said bars really seems to care. Is this the next generation of goons who force themselves to cough a bunch when they see a smoker a block away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

People seem kind irrationally upset about vaping itt, like i only see people doing it occasionally where i live and its just like one dude asking the bartender if they can vape inside, the bartender saying sure, then the dude puffing away. I've never really noticed an odor from it and no one else at said bars really seems to care. Is this the next generation of goons who force themselves to cough a bunch when they see a smoker a block away?

I will admit that the really obnoxious vapers are kinda infrequent but when you run into one drat they are such assholes it kinda leaves a strong impression

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i vaped my dads weed

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

I once got stuck behind a vapist on the sidewalk. Smelled like loving cotton candy, mmm yes enjoy your candy clouds you loving manchild. he was fat too.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

goons get really mad about people who make vaguely nice-smelling clouds of steam. I guess smoking cigarettes is ok but smoking vapes is literally hitler

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

A White Guy posted:

goons get really mad about people who make vaguely nice-smelling clouds of steam. I guess smoking cigarettes is ok but smoking vapes is literally hitler

its actually not pleasant at all then again it was probably mixed with BO (he was fat you see)

cigarettes are disgusting too btw

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A White Guy posted:

cigarette smokers arent dumb enough to go around telling people how much healthier it is now that they smoke THIS way *produces stupid contraption from pocket*

its the illusion of the "health" benefits that i find most entertaining, and deserving of ridicule. no smoker thinks this way, but if they did i would make fun of them as well.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

its the illusion of the "health" benefits that i find most entertaining, and deserving of ridicule. no smoker thinks this way, but if they did i would make fun of them as well.

actually smoking makes you look cool, and looking cool is healthy because it builds your self esteem

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

smoking does make you look cool. when you vape it looks like you're sucking a metal dick

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Earwicker posted:

actually smoking makes you look cool, and looking cool is healthy because it builds your self esteem
self esteem is a real thing, so thats not junk science imo

A White Guy posted:

smoking does make you look cool. when you vape it looks like you're sucking a metal dick
never really considered this, but even as a mecha fan it is not enough to make me want to try.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

cigarette smokers arent dumb enough to go around telling people how much healthier it is now that they smoke THIS way *produces stupid contraption from pocket*

Have you ever met a vaper who did this unprompted?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I used to work security in a bar and I'd see a puff of smoke and think "aha! Caught a smoker" but then when I'd come up to them the vapist would smirk and show off their rig

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

cigarette smokers generally don't smoke inside or in enclosed spaces either, but vapers will insist that IT'S JUST VAPOR and keep puffing away

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

self esteem is a real thing, so thats not junk science imo

never really considered this, but even as a mecha fan it is not enough to make me want to try.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

cigarette smokers generally don't smoke inside or in enclosed spaces either, but vapers will insist that IT'S JUST VAPOR and keep puffing away

ive never had anyone blow that stuff on me inside anywhere. im not sure where you guys live but these drat kids with their mobile fog machines sound like real assholes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Necros posted:

ive never had anyone blow that stuff on me inside anywhere. im not sure where you guys live but these drat kids with their mobile fog machines sound like real assholes.

you've never seen a guy at the mall sitting at a e-cig stand trying to sell them by puffing clouds in people's faces? because for a little while every single mall I visited had at least one of those douches. they seem to have all gotten kicked out though, which is good.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
There's a dude I play poker with who is One Of Those Obnoxious Vapers and every time he takes a puff it's like a fuckin' disco smoke machine that smells like cherries and farts and it's really gross.

But I'm not a loving socially backwards goon so I just go "Lewis, man, knock it off" and he goes "Haha, sorry" and goes elsewhere and it's fine.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Back in my day the saying was "if she smokes, she pokes".
What is the modern day vaping saying about promiscuity?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mds2 posted:

If he vapes, he rapes

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

reallivedinosaur posted:

Take a beer bottle, drop a dime in it, wrap it with a towel and give it a sharp strike against the side of your thigh. If your lucky the dime will blast a ciggy sized hole in the beer bottle. Might have to try a few times.

Do you have a video of this i really want to see this

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
If he chases cloud, he talks loud

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I found a video of it but its badly lit

https://youtu.be/oNhidOtkga8

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If there's mist you can fist

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

EugeneJ posted:

If there's mist you can fist

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If she sub-ohms you've been cucked holmes.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Vapor? Rape her!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

you've never seen a guy at the mall sitting at a e-cig stand trying to sell them by puffing clouds in people's faces? because for a little while every single mall I visited had at least one of those douches. they seem to have all gotten kicked out though, which is good.

How often do you go to the mall? I'll go once in a while but it's with the intent of witnessign this kind of trash

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

katlington posted:

Do you have a video of this i really want to see this

I figured this was how all dumb high school kids smoked hash but I guess it was just me. Am glad to participate in cultural enrichment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNhidOtkga8

e: I see you also know how to type "beer bottle" and "dime" into google and click search, well met sir

reallivedinosaur fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 16, 2016

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

mds2 posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

How often do you go to the mall? I'll go once in a while but it's with the intent of witnessign this kind of trash

idk now and then i just go with a friend and we get some lunch at the food court and walk around and people watch :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Vapor? I hardly knew 'er!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hahaha ew i would not at all smash my big boner in between those bangin huge tittays. fuckin gross

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

idk now and then i just go with a friend and we get some lunch at the food court and walk around and people watch :shrug:

:hfive: RIght on. Me n some buds got drunk and went to the mall recently and it was a great time

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Earwicker posted:

The entire reason smoking makes you look cool is because tobacco companies have been pressing that image since advertisement became a thing. It worked, in violation of all sense.

What is inherently cool about a small stick that emits among the foulest of odors, stains the walls and your teeth, gives you the voice of cancer kermit- and cancer- while ensuring most people with a working nose want nothing to do with you or anything you've smoked enough around?

Hell, vaporizing could be made to look cool more easily and lack all of those drawbacks. The drat things already sound more like some retrofuturistic gun than the latest vice.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

The Snark posted:

The entire reason smoking makes you look cool is because tobacco companies have been pressing that image since advertisement became a thing. It worked, in violation of all sense.

What is inherently cool about a small stick that emits among the foulest of odors, stains the walls and your teeth, gives you the voice of cancer kermit- and cancer- while ensuring most people with a working nose want nothing to do with you or anything you've smoked enough around?

Hell, vaporizing could be made to look cool more easily and lack all of those drawbacks. The drat things already sound more like some retrofuturistic gun than the latest vice.

No. No it couldn't.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

smoking looks cool because i've seen a bunch of movies where cool people smoke never seen a movie where cool people vape.....

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Smoking was cool more than 1000 years before there was such a thing as a cigarette company.

There is something primal and awesome about fire and smoke. There is something moist and gay about vapor.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Would Ronald Reagan vape?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Snark posted:

nothin cooler than sucking on the barrel of a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

reallivedinosaur posted:

Smoking was cool more than 1000 years before there was such a thing as a cigarette company.

There is something primal and awesome about fire and smoke. There is something moist and gay about vapor.

I know. People acting like cigarette companies invented smoking or something.

• Locked thread