Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Chromecasts are good imo. It makes more sense to use your phone interface which is normally going to be intuitive and well designed rather than dealing with whatever jacked up interface a smart TV might have. Also they are like 50 bucks at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
7:30 are doing a piece on women's footy tonight.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Fooooty, footy footy footy, footy chameleon. You come and go...

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Thanks for the TV help! It pretty much confirmed what I was thinking.

I went to JB today to look at the 55" Samsung 6200 or 6400 which were my first choices and right in my price range. While looking at those I noticed that they had a 55" LG OLED on sale for $2500 (originally being $3000) so I asked the guy a few questions about them without really intending to buy one. He mentioned that they were all sold out and I asked about buying the display model. He cut the price to $2350 and I couldn't say no. It's more than I was wanting to spend but it's loving spectacular.

CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE FOOTY ON IT!

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
^ edit well this is wasted, just disregard the below. p.s. blues for the flag.

Just want to add to the yeah gently caress smart tvs cacophony. Buy the best TV based on more important criteria and set up some kind of HTPC, chromecast at the cheapest but something more featured to run kodi or plex is your premiership option.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Just so you know, Chromecast 2 (and chromecast audio) just hit stores here this week.
http://www.google.com/intl/en_au/chromecast/

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

gabensraum posted:

^ edit well this is wasted, just disregard the below. p.s. blues for the flag.

Just want to add to the yeah gently caress smart tvs cacophony. Buy the best TV based on more important criteria and set up some kind of HTPC, chromecast at the cheapest but something more featured to run kodi or plex is your premiership option.

The smart TV stuff wasn't a super important criteria for me it was more about the picture quality. It's a novelty that might be useful at some stage.

As for the HTPC stuff I have no idea about any of that. I did try to set one up a few years ago for a friend that has a MASSIVE dvd collection (800+ movies and probably another 800 discs of TV shows) but I quickly gave up when I figured that it would take me pretty much a full year of full time ripping to get all the DVDs done.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Okay boys, whats the easiest and best way to VPN and get an international pass to watch the footy this year?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

Just so you know, Chromecast 2 (and chromecast audio) just hit stores here this week.
http://www.google.com/intl/en_au/chromecast/

Harvey Dickheads Norman have a deal going for Chromecast 2 - $58 for one, or $149 for 3

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/235181

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Nutsngum posted:

Okay boys, whats the easiest and best way to VPN and get an international pass to watch the footy this year?

I grabbed one from Private Internet Access late last year and it's cheap and worked a treat for me for me so far. Was hoping to test this out with Volkerball's tip of getting a pass for the NAB cup and then kicking it to the curb once the trial is done.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Jack Fitzpatrick gonna kick 20 goals tonight

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Hodge will attempt to murder someone on the field (my prediction is he'll push them into the fence at full speed) and all the commentators will do is praise him for being a champion of the game.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Hodge will attempt to murder someone on the field (my prediction is he'll push them into the fence at full speed) and all the commentators will do is praise him for being a champion of the game.

"There can be only one number one draft pick" - Luke Hodge as he decapitates Jacob Weitering on the fence of the Carlton cheer squad.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
enjoy fake footy ya'll. i gotta go to bed. i'll watch the replay tomorrow to get my fix.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Nutsngum posted:

Not sure if it'll work for 'international' afl watching (it should) but unblock.us is $5CAD a month and works wonderfully for Netflix with many regions on many devices: PC, modem/router, smart tvs, android phones/tablets and apple stuff too.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
reminder that watchafl is free until mid-march, so if you want to test some different methods, you can do it until then without dropping the money on a subscription.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Go bloos

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Puopolo grabbed a handful of dick.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Puopolo grabbed a handful of dick.

Great bloke IMO

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
10m protected area is way too large and a 50m penalty for infringing on it is too harsh.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I forgot about boekhurst :sadpeanut:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Daisy has a side pony toil. A single pig tail?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Quality of the stream + my internet connection doesn't leave a lot to be desired. But hey it's free! Then again Dermott Brereton, so the AFL owes me money for watching.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Quality of the stream + my internet connection doesn't leave a lot to be desired. But hey it's free! Then again Dermott Brereton, so the AFL owes me money for watching.

I tried tethering my laptop to my phones data in Inverloch but not fast enough, and can't be hosed going to the pub to watch hawthorn carrrton

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I tried tethering my laptop to my phones data in Inverloch but not fast enough, and can't be hosed going to the pub to watch hawthorn carrrton

Hawkthorn give as much of a poo poo about it as you do.

Also, am I imagining things or was Essendon due to play Melbourne as their 3rd game and now it says we play the Eagles? Was it always that way or did it change? I seem to remember tossing up whether to go to Etihad to see it

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
drat this poo poo is boring

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
poo poo, I forgot this was even on.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shmoses posted:

drat this poo poo is boring

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Christ shut the gently caress up Derm your voice makes me want to eat a handful of glass.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

That was a bit harsh, like that was incredibly fast on the whistle.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Also what a poo poo and boring match. Would it have killed them to have someone other than Carlton kick things off?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Had a beer with dinner and now I'm struggling to stay awake while watching this.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
"Assistant coaches: ... Shane Watson (lbw b Finn 13 (40) forward)..."

Carlton might hit a few sixes then.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

This stream is incredible. Drew Morphett appeared on screen 3 times to try and advertise some show and each time before he could say a word it cut to a static "please stand by for football" screen.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Testekill posted:

Also what a poo poo and boring match. Would it have killed them to have someone other than Carlton kick things off?

Oh gently caress off, Hawthorn haven't exactly been Harlem globetrotters

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Guys, Heat is starting in 15 minutes. I suggest you switch over and watch the end of an Attenborough doco first too

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hodge, literally Hitler right then.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

Not sure if it'll work for 'international' afl watching (it should) but unblock.us is $5CAD a month and works wonderfully for Netflix with many regions on many devices: PC, modem/router, smart tvs, android phones/tablets and apple stuff too.

i use getflix.com.au for my watchafl and netflix needs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gabensraum posted:

i use getflix.com.au for my watchafl and netflix needs

Yeah, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
gently caress apparently Geelong are changing their stadium name to GMHBA Stadium at the end of next year :itwaspoo:

• Locked thread