Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tyty posted:

I mean if they can remove waifu petting they can change this, easy. It's kinda weird they didn't. They probably have access to the source.

The petting thing is still in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Sunnydere posted:

Both games have been acquired but now I must dive into the brine of my job.

Three hours left and getting off of lunch.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

AlphaKretin posted:

I don't know what class I was expecting Peri to be but it wasn't cav.

Berserker seems the most logical choice

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm a massive sperg who bought Birthright and Conquest's boxed versions, but I just realized now that means if I buy all the DLC I won't have it on both versions. :negative:

e: I'm annoyed I couldn't get a special edition though. Oh well.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Can I get gay man married in Birthright?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oraculum Animi posted:

That's Conquest.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Oraculum Animi posted:

No.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mokinokaro posted:

Berserker seems the most logical choice

She does have that ax-murderer vibe, so fighter-type classes would have been better than...(checks wiki) dark mage with a base mag growth of 5%?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Tae posted:

That's Conquest.

Guess I'm getting both games.

Best way to do it is to get a physical copy of one and download the other? Or get a digital copy to begin with? I like having a physical copy so if there's no downside that way I'll probably go that route.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you prefer it that way, then yeah, that's the best option available.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Got the last copy of Conquest within a 25 mile radius of where I live meanwhile every store has several copies of Birthright still on the shelves.

Not looking good for the casuals, folks.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just got back from Gamestop plus fetching lunch, and predictably enough the digital code for Birthright doesn't seem to be redeemable in the physical Conquest game to link them up, unless I'm just missing something here. I'll probably check again at The Decision but if it still won't work I'll likely have a digital Birthright code to sell to someone in exchange for like eShop funds or something.

On a brighter note, the keychains are hella kawaii and actually seem pretty well made compared to random preorder bullshit I've gotten for other games in the past.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm enjoying the game so far and it's my fervent hope the next game will have everyone being able to marry everyone else

It's hilarious because beginning with awakening we have the avatar as this incredible romantic skeleton key, capable of unlocking anyone's cold heart (including like...the guy who is a literal mad emperor?) and it's only the logical continuation of the avatar being just some floating love god

anyway 'buddy' seals is hilarious to me because of michael buble's santa baby cover, santa buddy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I just got back from Gamestop plus fetching lunch, and predictably enough the digital code for Birthright doesn't seem to be redeemable in the physical Conquest game to link them up, unless I'm just missing something here. I'll probably check again at The Decision but if it still won't work I'll likely have a digital Birthright code to sell to someone in exchange for like eShop funds or something.

On a brighter note, the keychains are hella kawaii and actually seem pretty well made compared to random preorder bullshit I've gotten for other games in the past.

Once you get access to MyCastle, there's an option to put in a code.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Tae posted:

The petting thing is still in the game.

Is it? I thought the waking up minigame was something else and skinship was gone.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Tae posted:

Once you get access to MyCastle, there's an option to put in a code.

Oh cool, I'm glad they covered that option.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Tyty posted:

Is it? I thought the waking up minigame was something else and skinship was gone.

I don't know to what degree the wakeup minigame differs from skinship, but my understanding was it's basically the same thing. The upside is that you can only skinship with your Real Little Sister if you marry her and her staff ~staff~ in the us version. No casual skinshipping.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, this map design is top tier. Each map actually has some real personality now. Awakening was exceptionally bad at map design, to be sure, but this game tops even most previous Fire Emblem maps with every single map.

They are a liiiittle over-reliant on gimmicks, but it's fine, imho. Makes for more interesting fights. Takumi is an overpowered son of a bitch, which is unfortunate since I really like Setsuna but can't justify fielding Takumi, Setsuna AND Mozume (obviously reclassed to archer).

And now I got yet another archer except it's a cool pre-promoted chick? God, stop giving me so many choices, game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LibbyM posted:

I don't know to what degree the wakeup minigame differs from skinship, but my understanding was it's basically the same thing.

Not really. The minigame had zooming in, and you filled up a meter, and the background changed colors and there were sparkles and such.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Terper posted:

Not really. The minigame had zooming in, and you filled up a meter, and the background changed colors and there were sparkles and such.

Ah okay. Still, nothing of value was lost at least.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a code inside the retail box for 50% off of the other game or through the in-game DLC shop?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In-game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think it really counts as win if you had to toss me a heal partway through, Xander.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LibbyM posted:

This is what people are referring to when they say skinship's in the game, but only for married couples.

This is the actual minigame.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

LibbyM posted:

Not trying to shitpost that much, but I got that they were more significantly different than I initially thought after your first post.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 19, 2016

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
When do I get to get the Awakening DLC? After the route split?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the way it zooms down to the map for battles is really cool

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Chapter 6 is heartrending. Holy poo poo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I am literally incapable of expressing my joy at archers being a real class finally

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LibbyM posted:

Not trying to shitpost that much, but I got that they were more significantly different than I initially thought after your first post.

Sure I was just giving further example, for you and others

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Senerio posted:

Chapter 6 is heartrending. Holy poo poo.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVAmZqJwkeuE

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

When skills refer to "supporting", that means it applies to both adjacent and Paired units, correct?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I made the mistake of attacking Sakura with Willow(Corrin) on Chapter 6. Don't do that if you don't want your heart to break.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Sakura died in Chapter 4 when she was a green unit, do I need to restart or will she still be recruitable?

Also there's a bunch of things I dislike even this early on but man, all the things I do like outweigh those parts so much I don't even care. :allears:

e: special edition is at 350 CDN on ebay lol

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Time to play Gay Emblem :woop:

I don't know which secondary class to choose from :ohdear:.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Terper posted:

Sure I was just giving further example, for you and others

Oh okay. Sorry about my kind of snide response.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Senerio posted:

I made the mistake of attacking Sakura with Willow(Corrin) on Chapter 6. Don't do that if you don't want your heart to break.

this is the price she has to pay for being related to takumi

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Sakura died in Chapter 4 when she was a green unit, do I need to restart or will she still be recruitable?

Also there's a bunch of things I dislike even this early on but man, all the things I do like outweigh those parts so much I don't even care. :allears:

e: special edition is at 350 CDN on ebay lol

Rinkah just got a perfect level up don't do this to me fire emblem fates.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Do people have feet in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Takumi is a shitburger idiotlord but lol if he didn't hit Camilla for 50 damage on Ch. 6.

Wildtortilla posted:

Do people have feet in this game?

yes.

• Locked thread