Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

it's called confirmation bias

*plugs my ears* i'm not listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"
One of Scarlets crit quotes is "I'm about to get Nohrian on your butt!"

Scarlet is what we call an awesome person

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I promoted Corrin and Effie cause I'm a moron so I should just start over

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

AlphaKretin posted:

Weapons being able to break has been removed in favour of differing stat penalties for higher tiers.

Good, that's a much better system.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Yeah, you can, I just left the servant behind and she got caught by the pegasus before I could take out the boss.

Anyway, do weapons not break in this game, or do the early chapters not have breakable weapons?

Don't leave your servant behind, the stat debuff on the knives are real nice, especially early on

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Not to mention her personal skill and Demoiselle makes her a really really good support for the Avatar in the first few chapters.

Felicia is just good.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Shortest Path posted:

Not to mention her personal skill and Demoiselle makes her a really really good support for the Avatar in the first few chapters.

Felicia is just good.

Demoiselle? I think you mean Gentilhomme! Jakob for life!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for some reason jakob has gotten like 3 perfect levels and is one of my sturdiest units

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Is there any reason not to blow a dread fighter scroll on my Avatar now that I've hit 10 and got the new skill for it?

Also, I had heard that there's an item of some sort for having Awakening, but damned if I can find it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Felicia and Jakob are functionally identical but with their skill affecting the opposite gender right?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

NinjaDebugger posted:

Is there any reason not to blow a dread fighter scroll on my Avatar now that I've hit 10 and got the new skill for it?

Also, I had heard that there's an item of some sort for having Awakening, but damned if I can find it.

It's an Emblem Shield. Accessory shop.

Felicia and Jakob are functionally identical but with their skill affecting the opposite gender right?

Felicia has the problem that her growths are for Magic, and you certainly don't start with the magic shuriken, though it doesn't hugely matter since you shouldn't be using your servant for damage most of the time. Other than that, there's some small fluctuations in their growths (Jakob's better at HP, Skill, and Defense, while Felicia's better at Speed, Luck, and Resistance), and different personal skills (Felicia's buffs damage and reduces damage taken, while Jakob's reduces damage taken and boosts Avoid).

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 20, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just noticed that the character models look more beat up and bruised the less HP they have. That's a really neat detail.
Re: Mozu. I assume I need to level her to 10 or whatever before class-changing her a la Donny, right? And what's the recommended class for her (Birthright)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Calaveron posted:

I just noticed that the character models look more beat up and bruised the less HP they have. That's a really neat detail.
Re: Mozu. I assume I need to level her to 10 or whatever before class-changing her a la Donny, right? And what's the recommended class for her (Birthright)

Nope. And she only has one option anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no, they have different stats, a different personal skill, and a different reclass option. They're different units.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

The skills your avatar gets in their promoted class are really drat good, also as a Dread Fighter (or any other class) they can't use their Dragonstone afaik.

Having Awakening or using Fire Emblem Amiibos unlocks certain purchases in the Accessory Shop once you get that at your My Castle. They don't do anything for the main game, just for the attacking/defending castle online thing.

Endorph posted:

no, they have different stats, a different personal skill, and a different reclass option. They're different units.

Ugh that just makes gender decision even harder

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I made Mozu a dread fighter and she is wrecking the world chucking daggers at ppl

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

She doesn't get any skills beyond 10, but her only other class option is Archer. She's a pretty good candidate for a Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon scroll.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

I made Mozu a dread fighter and she is wrecking the world chucking daggers at ppl

Mine is doing amazingly as Archer, and I'm hopeful Rinkah will do better as a Dread Fighter.

Also are skill inheritance rules the same as Awakening? They learn the 5th slot skills from their parents?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

her growths as an Archer are better then Villager, and the Villager skill isn't even that great, i just Heart Sealed her as soon as the mission was done

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

It took a while, but Oboro holding up a chokepoint with Guard Naginata eventually let me kill Xander.

To further Azama's godly status, he's the only one that can solo take a hit from Xander.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Simply to satiate my own curiosity, did they actually remove the swimsuits from this game or is it another thing people on the internet bitched about for no reason

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

Mine is doing amazingly as Archer, and I'm hopeful Rinkah will do better as a Dread Fighter.

I'm pretty sure Dread Fighter would crater nearly everyone of her growths aside from spd and res

Oni
HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
20 20 10 0 10 0 20 0

Dread

15 15 5 5 15 0 5 20

I dunno, do at your own risk I guess

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You can buy skills, right? Is an unique shop needed for that or something?

Because I really wanted to buy Aptitude from the person that posted their castle with an avatar that had it but I can't find any way to.

Also, my own avatar hit level 10 and has Dragon Fang, should I reclass for Samurai skills?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All but 1 Dread Fighter skill look like poo poo.

I assume you should use the Dread seal at level 15 promoted, and that converts to a level 35 dread fighter?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can buy skills, right? Is an unique shop needed for that or something?

Because I really wanted to buy Aptitude from the person that posted their castle with an avatar that had it but I can't find any way to.

Also, my own avatar hit level 10 and has Dragon Fang, should I reclass for Samurai skills?

You can buy skills from Avatars who've you beaten in my castle skirmishes, maybe without a handicap I never tried otherwise. You can only buy a skill from a character for that very same character in your party. So for example if you see a Kaze with the puppet clone poo poo, you can only buy it from him for your Kaze and no one else.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

how do the my castle defense battles work? if he enemies destroy my buildings are they destroyed permanently?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

mabels big day posted:

how do the my castle defense battles work? if he enemies destroy my buildings are they destroyed permanently?

Nah that's only for destroying the buffs during that battle, it's all temporary.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Is anybody doing streetpass relay spoofing, and if so, is there a mac address I should be using for Fates?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man, my little Hoshido sister girl got jacked up in the free DLC fight and now she's gone from my roster. Is that really it for her?

EDIT: I didn't think the DLC would have counted for main game losses. Actually, it's fine 'cause she wasn't very useful and I have other healers now, but I'm kind of dismayed. She got killed through bullshit too, nobody told me that ninjas could somehow swap places with my units and throw them behind enemy lines to get carved apart.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 20, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Perfect Potato posted:

Nah that's only for destroying the buffs during that battle, it's all temporary.

So basically abuse the buildings as bait?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i know conquest is supposed to be all anti grinding but the arena was still a huge disappointment

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

I'm pretty sure Dread Fighter would crater nearly everyone of her growths aside from spd and res

Oni
HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
20 20 10 0 10 0 20 0

Dread

15 15 5 5 15 0 5 20

I dunno, do at your own risk I guess

Yeah, I did it on a whim right before forcing myself to sleep so I hadn't looked at relative growths, just the fact that it gave her a boost in every stat for going to it. Oh well, I didn't save before doing it so I should be able to roll it back. Thanks for telling me that.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Speaking of Dread Fighters.

If I use a Dread Seal on someone, and I take them back out of Dread FIghter later for whatever reason, do I need to use a Dread Seal to get them back into it or can they go back with a Heart Seal or something from then on?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's fine, at least my big titty Diviner is still alive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh man, my little Hoshido sister girl got jacked up in the free DLC fight and now she's gone from my roster. Is that really it for her?

EDIT: I didn't think the DLC would have counted for main game losses. Actually, it's fine 'cause she wasn't very useful and I have other healers now, but I'm kind of dismayed. She got killed through bullshit too, nobody told me that ninjas could somehow swap places with my units and throw them behind enemy lines to get carved apart.
they told you that by showing you that they have that skill, on their status screen, that you can click on

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Prism posted:

If I use a Dread Seal on someone, and I take them back out of Dread FIghter later for whatever reason, do I need to use a Dread Seal to get them back into it or can they go back with a Heart Seal or something from then on?

Give me an hour and a half to get my lunch break and I'll test that out before I revert my save. I was curious about it myself.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

they told you that by showing you that they have that skill, on their status screen, that you can click on

There's a lot of stuff going on on those status screens, and it's not like I expected there to be a loving bullshit "gank your sister behind enemy lines" ability.

EDIT: Somehow I doubt the little twerp was going to suddenly become a super powerful god character at level 20.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 20, 2016

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Prism posted:

You don't need another dread seal or dark falcon thing for the same character if they've used one once already

Heart seal should work (I assume that's what the Parallel seal is called now, gently caress if I know, sounds like some marriage poo poo personally)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Perfect Potato posted:

You don't need another dread seal or dark falcon thing for the same character if they've used one once already

So Heart Seals work from then on? Cool, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Skills are probably the most important thing to look at on the enemy status screen.

Conquest chapter 7, for example, with the guys that AoE gently caress your team for 20-40% of their hp after every combat.

• Locked thread