Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

RoxiesMD posted:

Also, apparently Fresno, CA is huge on Meth too, so there's that.

A misanthrope posted:

lol the only thing police stab you with is bullets

you know they hired* some methhead to stab the poo poo out of the guy and burn his house down

*by hired I mean extorted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

so wait, he was ticketed for a valid reason?

whats this?
most crazy right-wing insane people actually did something wrong in the first place?!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
blessed are the boat makers

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

From his blog:

"Another strange thing, he called me “buddy” and he's never called me “buddy” before. The last guy to call me buddy was Tim Tompsett of the City of Fresno's Waste Water division in March of 2015 when he texted me a boat repair referral who without notice posted an illegal jet ski emission sticker to my cell phone. This was the beginning of what later became the “First” incident where Fresno PD and the Fresno Sheriff's Office tried to set me up. This entire episode is detailed on the second half of https://www.jodymurray.com."

so if that doesnt speak for itself you crazy fucks who think the cops murdered him should rally to your idiot flame

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

FuhrerHat posted:

hes saying he got seen on a private lot (like walmart) without proper tags or some poo poo

Yeah that's the part he glosses over, too.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

20 bucks says whoever he got to come guard him in his paranoia shanked him and robbed him.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Later on in the guy's ramblings he seems remorseful about starting poo poo based on the ticket and blames his divorce, but it was too late.

Sea Patrol never forgives, and never forgets.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
A man trying to expose police corruption met a gruesome death? Nothing suspicious there!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Toadvine posted:

A man trying to expose police corruption met a gruesome death? Nothing suspicious there!

mess withthe bull get the horns mang

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Clearly this man was mentally unstable but when has that ever stopped Johnny Law from dispensing justice with extreme prejudice

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbCqwl2geQg

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Toadvine posted:

Clearly this man was mentally unstable but when has that ever stopped Johnny Law from dispensing justice with extreme prejudice

you stole those horses, louis. you bought your justice.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
would rather have Judge Dredd at this point

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
cops have been murdering people like crazy lately, guy has footage of them pointing infrared cameras at his house and says they break in when they see he isn't inside, gets stabbed several times in the back

the assumption is still he is some crazy guy. this is why it's all going to go to poo poo. how loving obvious do things need to get before people stop pretending? you lazy stupid fucks are almost as big of a problem as the murder cops themselves.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FishionMailed posted:

would rather have Judge Dredd at this point

judge dredd is the fascist enforcer of a literal police state but he he is impartial and incorruptible. so yeah, a definite step up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mr. Unlucky posted:

cops have been murdering people like crazy lately, guy has footage of them pointing infrared cameras at his house and says they break in when they see he isn't inside, gets stabbed several times in the back

the assumption is still he is some crazy guy. this is why it's all going to go to poo poo. how loving obvious do things need to get before people stop pretending? you lazy stupid fucks are almost as big of a problem as the murder cops themselves.

cops are openly murdering people not stabbing them while feigning innocence. im not pro-cop by any means but accusing them of all the worlds ills is dumb as hell. they dont need to conspire against some nut with no money or connections.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

cops are openly murdering people not stabbing them while feigning innocence. im not pro-cop by any means but accusing them of all the worlds ills is dumb as hell. they dont need to conspire against some nut with no money or connections.

Some cops do clandestine poo poo all the time though. Hell, in Chicago they have their own literal black site for torture and interrogation.

Blaming cops for killing a guy (who has good evidence that cops were going to kill him) is not blaming them for all the world's ills you probable retard.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Toadvine posted:

Some cops do clandestine poo poo all the time though. Hell, in Chicago they have their own literal black site for torture and interrogation.

Blaming cops for killing a guy (who has good evidence that cops were going to kill him) is not blaming them for all the world's ills you probable retard.

_______________________/

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Buy me a new av then

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Toadvine posted:

why would they stab him they have guns and could easily fabricate a reason for why they shot him at a traffic stop or something like that.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Cowman posted:

why would they stab him they have guns and could easily fabricate a reason for why they shot him at a traffic stop or something like that.

that would require me to assume the cops in question aren't total morons trying to act like gangsters

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

down n out posted:

Black van full of dudes with a big camera on a 3-axis gimbal video stabilizer pointed at his house is pretty :tinfoil:

Town and Country stow'n'go is the hallmark vehicle of reality TV productions. 100% chance it was just some crew shooting B-roll around Fresno

Also looks to be like Canon a 5D or C100 so definitely not a thermal camera.

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 28, 2016

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Throw him and all his gear in the destructor.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

tomstuart posted:

government get out

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

govt get out im piss

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
even if the cops didn't kill him, I'm willing to believe they did which is already a failing of the US justice system

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Cowman posted:

Because cops are largely real fuckin stupid and meat headed so I'm not surprised if a few decided to silence one of their more tenacious critics but didn't want to do it in view of the public.

This all sounds like a Coen brothers film.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Check this documentary out

What it is:
The Seven Five, also known as Precinct Seven Five, is a 2014 documentary directed by Tiller Russell. The film looks at police corruption in the 75th precinct of the New York Police Department during the 1980s. The documentary focuses around Mike Dowd, a former police officer of 10 years, who was arrested in 1992, which led to one of the largest police corruption scandals in New York City history.The documentary uses footage from the Mollen Commission Investigation in 1992 and also provides in-depth commentary from Mike Dowd, Ken Eurell, and Adam Diaz, among others.

Plot peak:
Ken Eurell, a police officer at the 75th precinct, was then assigned as officer Dowd's new partner in June 1987. Ken had a drinking problem and frequently drank on the job. Officers Dowd and Eurell met a Dominican gang leader by the name of Adam Diaz. Diaz ran The Diaz Organization, a gang that was responsible for countless murders and drug trafficking throughout New York. Diaz used several supermarkets in East New York as fronts to traffic drugs, mainly cocaine. Dowd and Eurell began a working relationship with Diaz, where they provided protection, inside information and raids and moving kilos of cocaine.

Good documentary that shows that cops will cover for each other no matter what. Its what the job is and it is basically how it is all of there last and only line of backup. It also shows the important of Internal Affairs as they are the supposed to be the place cops can turn to about corruption within.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, but that is a situation with a lot of money and drugs involved. this is a random nutjob who complained about getting a ticket. nothing about him was worth going through the effort of a cover up. no one would question if cops shot and killed a local crazy with a very public history of ranting about cops. they could have killed him at any time with no consequences, but no it was all a big conspiracy to step on an ant.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Toadvine posted:

Buy me a new av then

current one is p accurate

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Sounds like he just did an awesome job of framing some lovely rear end cops in his area who didn't care one bit about him.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I know when I secretly film someone I do it with the van door wide open in front of their house in broad daylight.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

yeah, but that is a situation with a lot of money and drugs involved. this is a random nutjob who complained about getting a ticket. nothing about him was worth going through the effort of a cover up. no one would question if cops shot and killed a local crazy with a very public history of ranting about cops. they could have killed him at any time with no consequences, but no it was all a big conspiracy to step on an ant.
yeah, there's long history of PDs being corrupt and coming up with rube goldberg schemes and poo poo in the past--usually involving shitton of money and things. this is mostly just a crazy dude who did get ire from them and likely some of the poo poo he said is probably true (no way of ever proving it) though mostly just reads like schizophrenic nutjob leaps of logic and false connections.

on the other hand, Fresno is a shithole and i wouldnt be surprised if the PD was getting bored of raiding meth houses that they were messing with him. i doubt they actually killed him via stabbing and arson

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

From his blog:

"Another strange thing, he called me “buddy” and he's never called me “buddy” before. The last guy to call me buddy was Tim Tompsett of the City of Fresno's Waste Water division in March of 2015 when he texted me a boat repair referral who without notice posted an illegal jet ski emission sticker to my cell phone. This was the beginning of what later became the “First” incident where Fresno PD and the Fresno Sheriff's Office tried to set me up. This entire episode is detailed on the second half of https://www.jodymurray.com."

so if that doesnt speak for itself you crazy fucks who think the cops murdered him should rally to your idiot flame

read this again

FishionMailed posted:

even if the cops didn't kill him, I'm willing to believe they did which is already a failing of the US justice system

also your brain (failing; of)

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Irradiation posted:

I know when I secretly film someone I do it with the van door wide open in front of their house in broad daylight.

that's the beauty of it, nobody expects police surveillance to follow you around with a camcorder and hover a boom six inches over your head

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Check this documentary out

What it is:
The Seven Five, also known as Precinct Seven Five, is a 2014 documentary directed by Tiller Russell. The film looks at police corruption in the 75th precinct of the New York Police Department during the 1980s. The documentary focuses around Mike Dowd, a former police officer of 10 years, who was arrested in 1992, which led to one of the largest police corruption scandals in New York City history.The documentary uses footage from the Mollen Commission Investigation in 1992 and also provides in-depth commentary from Mike Dowd, Ken Eurell, and Adam Diaz, among others.

Plot peak:
Ken Eurell, a police officer at the 75th precinct, was then assigned as officer Dowd's new partner in June 1987. Ken had a drinking problem and frequently drank on the job. Officers Dowd and Eurell met a Dominican gang leader by the name of Adam Diaz. Diaz ran The Diaz Organization, a gang that was responsible for countless murders and drug trafficking throughout New York. Diaz used several supermarkets in East New York as fronts to traffic drugs, mainly cocaine. Dowd and Eurell began a working relationship with Diaz, where they provided protection, inside information and raids and moving kilos of cocaine.

Good documentary that shows that cops will cover for each other no matter what. Its what the job is and it is basically how it is all of there last and only line of backup. It also shows the important of Internal Affairs as they are the supposed to be the place cops can turn to about corruption within.

Gonna watch this tonight

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Hey SF, I don't wanna get in a fight with you because your hypnotic av squicks me out, but

This guy John Lang writes (rather, wrote :rip:) like a regular conspiracy loon, and it's obvious that his paranoia had pushed him toward delusional thoughts about his own safety on more than one occasion, but get this: he's actually vindicated in thinking he's being watched and stalked and threatened because he's clearly been [b]murdered[/] here. He was openly critical of the Fresno police and tried to lodge his complaints with Internal Affairs, but was blocked from going anywhere above the local chain of command. He had his home's security as a chief concern and wound up with footage of people inspecting his gate and filming his windows. The only reason the arsonist's fire didn't hide Lang's stabbing death is because the Fire Dept was just down the street on an unrelated call. I am almost positive that the Fresno PD is glad he's dead, regardless of their involvement.

Honestly though, since it's Fresno (drunk meth-head gangbanger capitol of CA) the answer is probably the next door neighbor who likely owed Lang months of back-rent. You can't go around thinking that every person who interacts with you is some LEO stooge planted there by the Fresno PD to catch you working on jetskis with outdated tags on.

Moral of the story: Don't live in Fresno.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Moral of the story: Don't live in Fresno San Joaquin Valley

fixed that for you because bakersfield/modesto/stockton are just as bad if not worse

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Fresno PD has a long history of corruption but also pertaining to this case, practicing quasi-legal or pretty illegal methods of generating revenue. A few years ago they were "chalking" tires parked outside of bars to monitor how long they'd been there & pull cars over based on the color of chalk on their tires as they left. The business owners weren't very happy about that. Also fresno gets a lot of grants by virtue of its high number of dui arrests, so they have a large incentive to keep those numbers up by any means in order to maintain those grants.

Clovis PD is also pretty well known for doing little else than cruising the streets running plates all day and hassling line cooks riding their bikes home from work.

Although Belmont and Van Ness is a pretty shifty area in an already shifty city, so who knows what really happened to this dude.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Hey SF, I don't wanna get in a fight with you because your hypnotic av squicks me out, but

This guy John Lang writes (rather, wrote :rip:) like a regular conspiracy loon, and it's obvious that his paranoia had pushed him toward delusional thoughts about his own safety on more than one occasion, but get this: he's actually vindicated in thinking he's being watched and stalked and threatened because he's clearly been [b]murdered[/] here. He was openly critical of the Fresno police and tried to lodge his complaints with Internal Affairs, but was blocked from going anywhere above the local chain of command. He had his home's security as a chief concern and wound up with footage of people inspecting his gate and filming his windows. The only reason the arsonist's fire didn't hide Lang's stabbing death is because the Fire Dept was just down the street on an unrelated call. I am almost positive that the Fresno PD is glad he's dead, regardless of their involvement.

Honestly though, since it's Fresno (drunk meth-head gangbanger capitol of CA) the answer is probably the next door neighbor who likely owed Lang months of back-rent. You can't go around thinking that every person who interacts with you is some LEO stooge planted there by the Fresno PD to catch you working on jetskis with outdated tags on.

Moral of the story: Don't live in Fresno.

I bet this is probably what actually happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien
I'm sorry for the bump but has anyone heard more about this? I was looking at youtube videos and something reminded me that this was a thing that happened.

• Locked thread