Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

el B posted:

Last night was good... last few hours of the beta, everyone geared up, and nobody giving a poo poo about losing rep or money. I spent a couple of hours playing hot potato with other groups over who goes rogue right outside the DZ entrance. It was wildly silly fun.

Yeah the last day was really fun with people fighting each other all over the place, its a bummer that we won't see this again since going rogue causes you to lose too much poo poo that will actually be important in release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Here's that free jacket from playing the beta in case you were interested

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I am wondering if they're going to keep that one high ladder with the DZ chest on the roof (next to the DZ entrance), the one rogues were hiding in and trolling people. It was amusing the first time but it's gonna be dumb seeing it over and over

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Roman posted:

I am wondering if they're going to keep that one high ladder with the DZ chest on the roof (next to the DZ entrance), the one rogues were hiding in and trolling people. It was amusing the first time but it's gonna be dumb seeing it over and over

I and a number of pubbies fought people up there and really once you reach pubbie critical mass and everyone actually goes up the ladder you will kill them and earn back 3x as much as you lost dieing over and over to them. Having little areas with only one entrance like that is a bit dumb, though, and I hope they correct it.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Croccers posted:

Or maybe those two missions were just colour-coded so you knew what they unlocked and the game is just a linear mission path with little side-things tacked on. :shrug:

Unlikely. I opened up the legend on the map and it had icons for Main Story, Main Medical/Tech/Security, side quests, and side Medical/Tech/Security, as well as the little encounters that were in the beta.

Roman posted:

I hope they keep that area there, but make it a spawn point for ridiculously overpowered NPCs.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How was the PS4 performance during this beta anyway?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

poptart_fairy posted:

Very good.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I've played in both betas now and my primary take-away is that the penalties for death in the dark zone are too high. Losing such a large percentage of your cash if you die while rogue means the only way someone will go rogue is if they don't give a poo poo, or get flagged accidentally.

This is fine in beta where you can cap out gear quickly then lose all your cash and not care, but in the full game I don't think anyone will go rogue much until they have all the gear they want, which will make the dark zones very boring.

It is just too difficult to escape as rogue if you kill more than one person, and even killing just one is a high risk with only moderate potential reward. That said, if the maximum players per dark zone instance remains the same in the full game, but the full dark zone area is available, then players will be more spread out and your chances of successfully running off your timer as a rogue without getting cornered will be a lot better.

Other than that I think the game is a lot of fun and I have already preordered it. I love the concealment version of the pulse skill, it allows for some great ambushes. The LMG's handle really well and I rarely felt like my deaths were the result of anything but my own mistakes, which is the mark of a well balanced game.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 22, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

poptart_fairy posted:

Loads of texture pop in according to some people but I am so used to that I rarely ever notice anymore so I didn't see it. Also it crashed twice on me and even more often on a party member. One was especially annoying cause I was in the extraction area and the NPCs just repopped. Initial loading times are also pretty sad.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

BadLlama posted:

Pretty sure they have already dropped hints that other places are hosed up too?

They're way ahead of you on this one.

https://www.fallofcanada.ca/en

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lumpy posted:

Very good.

CrashCat posted:

Loads of texture pop in according to some people but I am so used to that I rarely ever notice anymore so I didn't see it. Also it crashed twice on me and even more often on a party member. One was especially annoying cause I was in the extraction area and the NPCs just repopped. Initial loading times are also pretty sad.

Nothing I won't get used to after Bloodborne and Destiny, then. :v:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

blackguy32 posted:

The beta was pretty fun. Can't decide if I want to take advantage of the 20 percent discount and just get the Gold edition or get the regular edition

The Green Man Gaming 20% off code? The Gold edition is not for sale on their site.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Nalin posted:

The Green Man Gaming 20% off code? The Gold edition is not for sale on their site.

If you've got Amazon Prime you can get both versions for 20% off at Checkout.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Lars Blitzer posted:

Welp, they might as well make a Berlin version WITH REFUGEES

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Tide posted:

Beta was fun. Got a nice shotgun that took down NPCs and players pretty quickly, so I was doing that avoidance jump/roll thing everywhere, cover to cover and absolutely smoking some fools. Got yelled at for being an aim botting bunny hopper (I was using the xim4). On the PS4.

Awesome and can't wait for live

How good is the xim? I got a $50 other branded mouse/kb box and I have a tough time doing fine precision aiming as it seems to jump and not be smooth.

It works, I'm not expecting it to be a mpuse/kb good, but do you have issues with the precision? I might get an xim if I do get this to play console with my buddies if things die out PC side with friends (less friends playing on PC than PS4 but buying PC).

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

I hope they don't play a 'Oh yeah you think this is bad? You should see all the other major cities!' card and just let it be contained here. It'd add to whole environment by knowing you are in the one utterly toppled metropolitan area and if you don't stop it, it's going to happen in more as it's transferred.

I assume the DZ volunteers from the Guard are residing in the flag draped caskets in the subway so morale must be absolutely shot.

I think the radio mentioned exactly this. LA, Chicago, etc all hit.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Ice Fist posted:

The only way to really handle this is to sit a little ways off to the side and wait patiently and then murder whoever goes rogue.

Actually towards the end of the beta I was seeing obvious attempts by people to goad players into going rogue. Some guy would walk up and shoot me a couple of times with a pistol and watch my reaction. Then his friend would launch sticky flash bombs at us (which do no damage and don't cause anyone to go rogue) they repeated this for two or three minutes before finally realizing I wasn't buying it.

Pretty entertaining though.

I had a group of two guys look me over and talk in proxy, "we can kill him easy, but he has no loot bag so it's not worth it" when I was solo.

They walked away and I gave a few love taps to the guys back with my assault rifle and they come back, "Oh you want some of this? Ok!" And they go rogue on me.

Pulled out my M14 and drop both the guys before I'm at half health.

I just left them to bleed while crawling while I talked back at them on proxy, "now, what was that about killing me easy? Enjoy your nap."

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Lars Blitzer posted:

Toronto during an NHL Strike. You've got the Divison DLC right there.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Billy Elliot posted:

Pulled out my M14 and drop both the guys before I'm at half health.
I love the M14 and I really hope they don't nerf that thing. That will be the first purple I buy if one is available

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Lars Blitzer posted:

Oh noooo. :canada:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So where's the (most reliable) place to get the gold edition for the cheapest? Funstock or Gamesplanet?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Snuffman posted:

Oh noooo. :canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKSpzi9lKyQ

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Where did you guys find an M14? I never saw one.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

:canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sPZILnTMWs :canada:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Preechr posted:

my blue one was a drop from the MSG hard mode boss. It was for sale from the vendors sometimes

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dead Like Rev posted:

Toronto during an NHL Strike. You've got the Divison DLC right there.

Nah man Vancouver after a finals choke. Already got the template for the melee rusher type:

Take cover behind a half wall or the mannequin thrower will get you

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This game doesn't even have a loving jump button what the gently caress is this poo poo jesus christ the casualification of gaming never ceases to loving astound me, gently caress this poo poo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Deakul posted:

This game doesn't even have a loving jump button what the gently caress is this poo poo jesus christ the casualification of gaming never ceases to loving astound me, gently caress this poo poo.

Hold CTRL and get over it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I hope Deakul is joking but related it's a bit obnoxious trying to line up getting on ladders and ziplines and sometimes even through doors. The animations are sometimes way slower than the need to be and sometimes your character just freaks the gently caress out and it tries to pathfind around to the sweet spot before giving up. That kinda sucks when you're getting shot!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deakul posted:

If I can't do sick shotgun jumpshots why am I even in the divison

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Roman posted:

I love the M14 and I really hope they don't nerf that thing. That will be the first purple I buy if one is available

Same here. The bolt action is nice, and helps you conserve ammo, and is crazy wgen you get a headshot, but the rate of fire is too slow if you do miss and 5 round reserve is not enough.

I like the M14 because it's a good semi auto, excellent range and not much of a damage drop to gain 2x rounds in the mag and you can out a magazine mod on them too to get 12 rounds per mag.

I really was disappointed by the SCAR-H though. I feel the damage drop off for a 20 round mag was way too much and not worth it. If they bumped up the damage (if I recall my weapons were ~700 per hit while M14 was 1600, so if it was 800 or so, maybe 900? And the SCAR had mad kick back too.

Preechr posted:

Got mine as a crate drop. I was doing a lot of server hopping to try and find good weapons.

My end load out (i was twinking level 7) was M14 from crate, SMG from BOO vendor, M44 from Dark Zone Vendor, AK47 (would have preferred an M4) from Dark Zone Vendor. Pistol I belive was a drop.

Playing level 7 was nice because extractions were still meaningful and made the DZ interesting. Real tense when you have a good weapon, mod, or armor and you wait that 90 second for the helicopter to arrive.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Yodzilla posted:

I hope Deakul is joking but related it's a bit obnoxious trying to line up getting on ladders and ziplines and sometimes even through doors. The animations are sometimes way slower than the need to be and sometimes your character just freaks the gently caress out and it tries to pathfind around to the sweet spot before giving up. That kinda sucks when you're getting shot!

I'd like it if you could perch or lean over more edges. So many rooftops that I'm stuck at leaning on or the angle of attack is bad for shooting below. Some other small rooftop areas I could walk on but it wouldn't let me jump on them.

I REALLY want a Battle Royale using the whole map. I was roaming in the PvE area last night and there are so many good spots to perch yourself on a roof or alleyways to have fights on. They have the elevated subway track park as well which will be nice.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If I can't do sick shotgun jumpshots why am I even in the divison

Tom Clancy's The Division: No Sick Jumpshots to be Found

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Billy Elliot posted:

Same here. The bolt action is nice, and helps you conserve ammo, and is crazy wgen you get a headshot, but the rate of fire is too slow if you do miss and 5 round reserve is not enough.

I like the M14 because it's a good semi auto, excellent range and not much of a damage drop to gain 2x rounds in the mag and you can out a magazine mod on them too to get 12 rounds per mag.

I really was disappointed by the SCAR-H though. I feel the damage drop off for a 20 round mag was way too much and not worth it. If they bumped up the damage (if I recall my weapons were ~700 per hit while M14 was 1600, so if it was 800 or so, maybe 900? And the SCAR had mad kick back too.

My thoughts exactly. SCAR-H was hit too hard, M14 loving owns.

What do you guys think about SMG's vs Assault Rifles? I think a few of the AR's just kicked too much, but crafted mods may diminish that in the future. Or poo poo, maybe I'll just up my aim sensitivity to control it a bit better on my end.

LMG's were a really mixed bag. Did anyone enjoy that L86 LSW? The 30 round mag one? I never heard a good word about it. 249 was ok though, as was the RPK.

Pistols were surprisingly fun and usable, I found.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 22, 2016

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The Division: Occupy Loot Street

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Beta was fun, will definitely buy this. Spent all of last night in the DZ and had a blast. Going solo was ok I guess except for stumbling into a few high level hangouts and almost getting my poo poo pushed in because only being able to carry two medkits is nonsense.

But I fell in with a good group of pub-bros and we spent a long chunk of the night hunting down rogues like the kkkwhite hats and "confiscating" their ill earned loot. Its pretty easy to not accidentally go rogue when everyones on the same page. Thanks fir listening.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Billy Elliot posted:

I REALLY want a Battle Royale using the whole map. I was roaming in the PvE area last night and there are so many good spots to perch yourself on a roof or alleyways to have fights on. They have the elevated subway track park as well which will be nice.

This game would benefit greatly from organized PVP games. I'd love to go head to head with people much like the Crucible on Destiny.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

super macho dude posted:

Beta was fun, will definitely buy this. Spent all of last night in the DZ and had a blast. Going solo was ok I guess except for stumbling into a few high level hangouts and almost getting my poo poo pushed in because only being able to carry two medkits is nonsense.

You could carry three if you upgraded your medical wing :ssh:

I was rolling with two separate groups going manhunt together, it was a pretty awesome murdermob. I hope there's options for clans/subdivisions/whatever when the game comes out proper.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

You could carry three if you upgraded your medical wing :ssh:

I was rolling with two separate groups going manhunt together, it was a pretty awesome murdermob. I hope there's options for clans/subdivisions/whatever when the game comes out proper.

did the second ability tier of medical skills also heal you as well as close-by friends? i never hosed around with it because i dug the radar/proximity grenade combo a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

super macho dude posted:

did the second ability tier of medical skills also heal you as well as close-by friends? i never hosed around with it because i dug the radar/proximity grenade combo a lot.

It could only heal people in your group, but yes. Double-tapping the ability would center the effect on yourself, single tap would allow you to aim it like a grenade. It was really loving good and all the people I played with told me basically never take it out of your slots.

• Locked thread