Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Is that latter one an actual change people are mad about or are you just joking?
i forget the exact line but silas mentions food in some of his supports with the avatar and they were changed from jp-y dishes to more western ones, which makes sense since he's from nohr. and people did get mad, yes.

Supremezero posted:

Hey man, that's the most appropriate change to be mad about, Catfish is disgusting.
catfish is good if it's not two bucks at jim-bob's seafood impooriem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How many times am I going to have to listen to Corrin go "King Garon ordered you to do...bad things??? :ohdear:".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did anyone ever say whether you get a castle and team for each route or if its one per NNID/cart/whatever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

What's the best promotion for Azama? I'm guessing Mechanist since Shurikens give you a good 1 range option?
both of them are good. merchants have decent skills and spears are good because guard naginata, mechanist has shurikens which are nice to have and copycat, which is really nice. mechanists also get a mount, so they have higher move.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Philip Rivers posted:

What's the best promotion for Azama? I'm guessing Mechanist since Shurikens give you a good 1 range option?

Lodestar.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

I just improved your posting, no need to thank me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

did anyone ever say whether you get a castle and team for each route or if its one per NNID/cart/whatever
You have one per cart but you can switch which save is your online castle whenever, just go to the save you want to have as your castle and hit updata data.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
so during character creation, how do your boon/banes affect growth. I keep seeing that it does, just not exactly how. is it the same as Awakening?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Endorph posted:

i forget the exact line but silas mentions food in some of his supports with the avatar and they were changed from jp-y dishes to more western ones, which makes sense since he's from nohr. and people did get mad, yes.

Um excuse me I'm white as hell but Japanese food rules.

I made Tamagoyaki this morning for breakfast. It came out really bad because I had to wash the pan I normally use for eggs with soap and it took off the seasoning and they stuck like crazy.

Vengarr posted:

Lodestar.

No that's my boyfriend Hinata sorry!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but you haven't been at war with not-japan for 1000 years

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FWIW you may want to consider merchant for Azama because then he can use his lance rank if you ever heart seal him to Mountain Priest (or whatever it's called in the localisation)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Levantine posted:

so during character creation, how do your boon/banes affect growth. I keep seeing that it does, just not exactly how. is it the same as Awakening?

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/growth-rates/

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

FWIW you may want to consider merchant for Azama because then he can use his lance rank if you ever heart seal him to Mountain Priest (or whatever it's called in the localisation)

I wish I could class him to Priestess for the sick staff versatility.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

I wish I could class him to Priestess for the sick staff versatility.

Mountain Priest still gets staves iirc.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Thank you, I feel like I looked everywhere but there.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Mountain Priest still gets staves iirc.

Yeah, but not bows. Azama is ripped as poo poo and hits as hard as my Takumi.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Philip Rivers posted:

No that's my boyfriend Hinata sorry!

Why wouldn't you turn Hinata into an Oni Savage? He leaves his shirt off and you get someone with Shove that isn't Rinkah. Win/Win.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Yeah, but not bows. Azama is ripped as poo poo and hits as hard as my Takumi.

Oh yeah, I forgot those classes had a meaningful difference, because iirc they get the same skills.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Senerio posted:

Effie, supported by Arthur (her husband), on the throne, told not to move. Quite a wall.

*uses magic*

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is there a handy link for what classes get what skills, so I can take that into consideration for promoting/mating

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Is there a handy link for what classes get what skills, so I can take that into consideration for promoting/mating

It's all on serenes

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-classes/class-skills/

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mabels big day posted:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/class-skills/

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Why wouldn't you turn Hinata into an Oni Savage? He leaves his shirt off and you get someone with Shove that isn't Rinkah. Win/Win.

Headcanon basically

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

Endorph posted:

facepetting and swimsuits got removed. that's the only actual gameplay change.

writing-wise there were a ton of tweaks, some small and a couple major. this happens in just about every localization but people had obsessed over the japanese script and an awful babelfish translation of it for half a year so they were fully prepared to bitch about anything, even something as small as a character's favorite food being changed from tuna to catfish.

Sounds like it's just people on the internet being dumb then
I'll explore more when I get the game but it's good to know I can disregard most of the whining

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Terper posted:

*uses magic*

+1 Peri's Lance. With her personal skill and also the level 10 Knight skill, the attack deals -3 damage, and she deals +3 damage. Also, I hope you weren't planning on doubling her.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It feels so good to field a full team on the escape map and have everyone make it through alive. :toot:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I've only ever used shove once.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Valex posted:

Sounds like it's just people on the internet being dumb then
I'll explore more when I get the game but it's good to know I can disregard most of the whining
i have some complaints with some of the translation changes but like, i can say that about most translations. it's a thing made by human beings, it's gonna have flaws. people acting like they butchered the game into a thousand pieces are dumb, and people who think it's a conspiracy to get more money for doing more work are freaking lunatics.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I've only ever used shove once.

I feel like I'd care about the reposition skills if I was playing on Lunatic and not Hard.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Shove may be only situationally useful but goddammit it owns and I'm glad it's back.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

i have some complaints with some of the translation changes but like, i can say that about most translations. it's a thing made by human beings, it's gonna have flaws. people acting like they butchered the game into a thousand pieces are dumb, and people who think it's a conspiracy to get more money for doing more work are freaking lunatics.

https://twitter.com/ValwinZ/status/701054939510894592

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Needs more Smite.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Lunge is useful on any difficulty. It also just makes you feel like Camilla killed that dude so hard she took his place just to rub it in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sounds like a cool twitter dude

also im pretty sure her line was pretty much that in japanese, too

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Shove may be only situationally useful but goddammit it owns and I'm glad it's back.

:yeah:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

What do people like as alternate classes for the mc?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

What do people like as alternate classes for the mc?
anything with a sword

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Do you get prepromote skills if you reclass to the promoted version?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

Do you get prepromote skills if you reclass to the promoted version?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I picked Sky Knight to let dudes buddy seal it.

• Locked thread