Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

I used to play DOTA but the games were too long so now I play HOTS, yeah.

Welcome to HOTS, where the games are never longer than 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

Hello Games subforum.

The NFL is inventing new ways of being lovely, including "just making poo poo up and not paying over $100 million to players"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-withheld-millions-from-players-1456189111

Cool the salary cap is gonna go up another 1.5 mil extra per team beyond what we even thought. Sweet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
For the past five summers, Corey Liuget has been going back to Illinois to finish his degree because he always promised his Mom that he would.

He's getting it this summer.

:)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Who wants to join me on the most recent Blizzard masterpiece, Heart of the Smashing Your Testicles Between Two Bricks

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Cool the salary cap is gonna go up another 1.5 mil extra per team beyond what we even thought. Sweet

Can't wait to see which mediocre DB gets overpaid this year

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like how the salary cap keeps the game fair in comparison to MLB and FIFA, but it's good to raise it in proportion to the income the NFL receives since the players are the ones risking their physical health every time they play.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Cool, now we can unfire Soliai? No?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

Hello Games subforum.

The NFL is inventing new ways of being lovely, including "just making poo poo up and not paying over $100 million to players"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-withheld-millions-from-players-1456189111

Can you paste the article

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Can't wait to see which mediocre DB gets overpaid this year

I hear Cary Williams is available :v:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm writing a movie about a recreational spreadsheet club who win tickets to a cruise only to find out it's the gronk cruise. at first, they're upset because they can't do their spreadsheets in peace and they all have their glasses broken by errant limbo poles and trip hazard big johnson t-shirts. they decide to fight back. they break into the sound system and change all of the house music to tuvan throat singing, ruining gronk's fourth twerking event. they set up elaborate rube goldberg devices to snare gronk patrons in life preservers that bait partygoers with the original, illegal, four lokos or rig the ship horn to trigger every time someone utters the word "sssha?" triggering a deafening cacophony. finally, though, a prank goes awry when an improperly-calibrated spreadsheet fills a room with bubbles instead of fish guts and gronk says "yeah dudes" and all of a sudden all the spreadsheet guys are no longer wearing shirts and are jumping around partying with the gronk people and pumping their fists into a transcendent, meditative state removing all their cares and getting them jobs as spreadsheet operators for a startup bikini inspection company and the movie ends with them all pushing sunglasses down their nose and freezes right there, it's called boat nerd paradise jamboroo and it is available immediately on vhs.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

vyst posted:

You mean Team Fortress 2: Blizzard edition?

TF2 owned before hats ruined it, once they let everyone customize how they looked the game went to hell.

gently caress does Goodell have a point with all his uniform violation bullshit?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Cosmetic customization didn't quite ruin TF2, it was the combination of hats actually changing class mechanics and hats being opened up to terrible and unfunny community designs that ruined TF2.

Febreeze posted:

gently caress does Goodell have a point with all his uniform violation bullshit?

If he did, it's long since undermined by the garbage we saw this year with the Color Rush gimmicks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
No, because under his watch uniform violations have been more harshly punished than DV incidents.

And TF2 was ruined when they decided to gently caress with the perfection that was TFC :colbert:

vvv :hfive:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 23, 2016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Febreeze posted:

TF2 owned before hats ruined it, once they let everyone customize how they looked the game went to hell.

TF2 always sucked because invariably there'd be two jerkoffs running around with medic and HWG wrecking everyone's poo poo, or you'd get dropped into a team with 5 mongoloids trying to snipe non of whom were any good.

Team fortress classic and DoD as HL mods used to own.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Yoshi's Island is the best video game of all time and I will destroy all trolls who disagree.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

monopoly is the worst board game of all time

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

vyst posted:

You mean Team Fortress 2: Blizzard edition?

https://i.imgur.com/oomyzMS.mp4

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
everyone shut your stupid face about your worthless game opinions and read this post

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm writing a movie about a recreational spreadsheet club who win tickets to a cruise only to find out it's the gronk cruise. at first, they're upset because they can't do their spreadsheets in peace and they all have their glasses broken by errant limbo poles and trip hazard big johnson t-shirts. they decide to fight back. they break into the sound system and change all of the house music to tuvan throat singing, ruining gronk's fourth twerking event. they set up elaborate rube goldberg devices to snare gronk patrons in life preservers that bait partygoers with the original, illegal, four lokos or rig the ship horn to trigger every time someone utters the word "sssha?" triggering a deafening cacophony. finally, though, a prank goes awry when an improperly-calibrated spreadsheet fills a room with bubbles instead of fish guts and gronk says "yeah dudes" and all of a sudden all the spreadsheet guys are no longer wearing shirts and are jumping around partying with the gronk people and pumping their fists into a transcendent, meditative state removing all their cares and getting them jobs as spreadsheet operators for a startup bikini inspection company and the movie ends with them all pushing sunglasses down their nose and freezes right there, it's called boat nerd paradise jamboroo and it is available immediately on vhs.
When you film this, I want to act in it
I will play the role of Gronk

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

screw straight to VHS, get Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as the leads and that movie could be a blockbuster

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

screw straight to VHS, get Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as the leads and that movie could be a blockbuster

Only if by leads you mean as Gronk and, I don't know, another Gronk.

Edit: Pegg as Gronk and Frost as a hapless Tom Brady who snuck away from Giselle for a boy's night but doesn't want to cheat on her

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0Ypufo6BM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

having the last couple of games posts in this thread read to me

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...model/6764518:7

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

having the last couple of games posts in this thread read to me

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...model/6764518:7

Interesting. That was me the last time I played Monopoly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Edit: Pegg as Gronk and Frost as a hapless Tom Brady who snuck away from Giselle for a boy's night but doesn't want to cheat on her

lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tom would never betray his buddy Ben's trust by using his cheat to cheat.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Thaddius the Large posted:

Only if by leads you mean as Gronk and, I don't know, another Gronk.

excuse you but I called dibs on playing Gronk, I'm already practicing my lines

when Gronk says "yeah," is the tone more like the inherent absurdity of existence or the crushing inevitability of death

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 23, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
owns

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Can you paste the article

I didn't realize it was behind a paywall for some, I don't know why it isn't for me

quote:

The National Football League has been ordered to return what its union calculates is more than $100 million to the pool of revenue that it shares with its players.

The ruling, handed down last week by arbitrator Stephen Burbank, found that the NFL owners had mischaracterized what Players Association officials say is roughly $120 million of ticket revenue during the past three years by creating an exemption that had the effect of keeping about $50 million in salary out of players’ pockets. The NFL Players Association, which discovered the discrepancy during an ongoing audit of league finances, filed a grievance on the matter in January.

“They created an exemption out of a fiction and they got caught,” said DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFLPA.

NFL officials would not confirm the figure. In an email, Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the NFL, referred to the ruling as the resolution of a “technical accounting issue under the CBA involving the funding of stadium construction and renovation projects.” He stated that the main effect was one of timing.

The ruling is the latest in a series of legal victories for the NFLPA over the league, including last year’s U.S. District Court ruling that overturned Tom Brady’s four-game suspension in the controversy known as “Deflate-gate.”

This dispute stemmed from provisions of the collective bargaining agreement that allow NFL teams to exclude certain money from the pool that determines its players’ share of revenues. Players receive 40% of local revenues, which mainly come from tickets sales, 45% of sponsorship money, revenues from the post-season and NFL Ventures, such as NFL.com and the NFL Network, and 55% of the revenues from media deals.

Teams can exclude money from the sale of personal seat licenses, premium seating, and from mega-deals with corporations to put their names on stadiums. The NFLPA agreed to these exclusions because teams often use these funds to help finance renovations and the construction of new stadiums, which significantly increase revenue and the amount of money that gets shared with the players.

McCarthy said the ruling would not affect the league’s ability to support new stadium projects​

In its review of the NFL’s financial calculations, lawyers and accountants with the players association found the league had created another category of exempted money that isn’t in the collective bargaining agreement. In his ruling, Burbank noted that while the language and provisions of the agreement are complicated, interpreting the contract isn’t. The so-called “waived gate” revenues in dispute didn’t fit into any of the exempted categories. Burbank ordered the NFL to return the money to the shared revenue pool immediately, which, if the union’s calculations are correct, should increase the salary cap for the 2016 season by about $1.5 million per team.

“People have become accustomed to how we protect our rights when it comes to player discipline,” Smith said. “We are equally diligent when it comes to getting our share of revenues.” He said the NFLPA review of the league’s accounting will continue.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

R.D. Mangles posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The offseason affects people in different ways

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Skwirl posted:

I like how the salary cap keeps the game fair in comparison to MLB and FIFA, but it's good to raise it in proportion to the income the NFL receives since the players are the ones risking their physical health every time they play.

The structure of soccer is so different that I don't really think a salary cap would be useful. Also, it's an artificial means of bringing down players salaries.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Eifert Posting posted:

You can clone one player in the league and everyone gets one. Who is it?

I'd probably pick Aaron because I hate the have/have not QB situation.

Von Miller. So that my team can have two Von Millers as edge rushers :shobon:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

The offseason affects people in different ways

Imagine leaving your phone out on a table at the office and your coworker spots that notification.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine leaving your phone out on a table at the office and your coworker spots that notification.
EDP is literally insane so I don't think he'd care

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

EDP is literally insane so I don't think he'd care

I thought that was Brown Thunders phone notifying him of EDP uploading a video.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
whoops i misread

my original point still stands tho

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Puck is a lovely hero

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Imagine being EDP

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

Imagine being EDP
I'd smell like doo-doo butter

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Imagine being EDP

i don't wanna imagine being a eagles fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I'd smell like doo-doo butter

You could just say he's an Eagles fan and we'd know what you mean.

• Locked thread