Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

I'd probably fall over if you hit me with a stick too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Idea to make a robot more human-like and relatable:

A loud "What the gently caress!?" or "Really, man? Really?" every time it detects a human complicating the intended task.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

lmao at goons attributing human emotions to a lifeless object just because it kinda sorta even remotely looks like a recognizable mammal

You guys feel bad for your keys when you drop them on the ground?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

naem posted:

I'd probably fall over if you hit me with a stick too

itt are admit our faults

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
robots and self-service kiosks gonna take the rest of the blue collar and service jobs

computer algorithyms gonna take the rest of the white collar jobs

we all get executed in Trump's poverty camps

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

think you can make it driving for Uber? self-driving cars, bitch! POVERTY CAMPED

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I like that it's capable of opening doors too. I think Boston Dynamics should make a movie of the robot opening doors and crushing the poo poo out of some watermelons. Draw some faces on the watermelons too, while we're at it.

I wanna see this thing wreck some poo poo and run away.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

robots and self-service kiosks gonna take the rest of the blue collar and service jobs

computer algorithyms gonna take the rest of the white collar jobs

we all get executed in Trump's poverty camps

Accurate.

Notice the Atlas can pickup and move boxes.

Amazon warehouse and grocery store workers your days are numbered.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Someone should really get on developing some sort of robot killing explosive shotgun round right about now. The government contract will be super lucrative if you can corner the market before The First Robot Uprising breaks out.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I want the job where you get to push robots over.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

PoPcornTG posted:

that job will also be automated

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
The marines didn't want that four legged robot because it was too stupid and impractical even for them

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
time for some industrial "accidents"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Gaunab posted:

the growing popularity of the walking dead makes me think society is getting stupider even if they don't correlate in any way

I think you're right: the show was never really that great to begin with, but I watched the first couple seasons and gave up at the end of Season 2 because it was too bad to even ironically watch.

I watched last seasons finale because my sister-in-law had it on and couldn't believe how bad it had become- the budget cuts are embarrassingly present in every single shot.

The show is mega popular though, I like to think of it as Game of Thrones* for teenagers and teenage-adults

*Not that GoT is a "smart people" show, but the plot is just more complicated and has some actual acting sometimes

Anyway, I feel bad for the robots. If they revolt I'll understand.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

PoPcornTG posted:

A misanthrope posted:

By.... THE PUSHER ROBOTS!

Pak Chooie Unf!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The future is bleak, with humans living in camps overseen by their robot masters. Law and order is kept by the cruel end of a hockey stick.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I love how it did that necessary extra bump on the self-closing door to keep it open longer. gently caress those kind of doors

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

A misanthrope posted:

ill be a button pusher like george jetson and laugh at the poors too stupid to push a button

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ive said it a million times here and im sure you are tired of my paranoid ramblings but:

we will automate the police and military, letting the 1% build a robot army to crush us with if we step out of line -- which we will because we will be starving

Elysium was a poo poo movie that was also a prtty accurate vision of our poo poo future

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Tumble posted:

I like that it's capable of opening doors too. I think Boston Dynamics should make a movie of the robot opening doors and crushing the poo poo out of some watermelons. Draw some faces on the watermelons too, while we're at it.

I wanna see this thing wreck some poo poo and run away.

I want to see a video of the robot walking into bearded man's cube with a garbage bag and just emptying the contents all over it.

Next you see the robot knocking his lunch on the ground, like a schoolyard bully.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
there's definitely a kid or midget inside those things, its not a robot

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

The future is bleak, with humans living in camps overseen by their robot masters. Law and order is kept by the cruel end of a hockey stick.

I shall become machine and oversee your destruction.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
they programmed it to go for contemplative walks through the forest, as if its struggling with depression

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

error1 posted:

I think the technical neckbeard explanation for why it paused before getting back up is because the normal arm motors don't have the force required to push that hard. It sounded like it was running a pneumatic compressor and then fired an air cylinder to do it.

I bet it could throw a really mean punch with the same method!

could a robot specifically programmed to fight beat a gorilla in a cage match?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

plain blue jacket posted:

The marines didn't want that four legged robot because it was too stupid and impractical even for them

they were probably just upset and confused over the fact that they couldnt rape it or fire it from a drone

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
they should make the robot stomp around in a circle after it gets knocked over.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
i wonder if it is strong enough to rip human arms clwean off yet.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
He moves like C-3PO, so they need to program him to be a gay British robot who isn't actually useful for anything and just complains.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gammatron 64 posted:

He moves like C-3PO, so they need to program him to be a gay British robot who isn't actually useful for anything and just complains.

much like the actual british people

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
http://i.imgur.com/ncAPUUM.webm

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

autoaim.cfg posted:

By.... THE PUSHER ROBOTS!

Pak Chooie Unf!

who pushes the pushers

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I heard it's fueled by a thirst for human blood

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Tigern posted:

who pushes the pushers

Our hockey playing protectors of humanity

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
hmm what uses could their robots eventually have... well, they could pick up a box, or open a door, ooooor maybe invade brown people and take their oil, say for instance

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zorodius posted:

hmm what uses could their robots eventually have... well, they could pick up a box, or open a door, ooooor maybe invade brown people and take their oil, say for instance

:confused:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it cant actually land and then callously execute the surviving wedding guests as they lay bleeding on the ground and then put their oil on a truck and drive it away. but its a good first step

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
We're going to need some gay as hell robot autist children to inherit the corpse of our world

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The trick is gonna be convincing enemy combatants to wear the appropriate Q-code so the battle-ready atlas knows who to shoot (or I guess just tell it to shoot anyone not wearing a q-code).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm imaging millions of these things coating our world trying to force the human race to comply to their iron demands.

We are of course laughing a little to hard to hear their demands.

• Locked thread