Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"Call the police! But before they come, you better make sure they know that a black man owns this house!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

BUICK ENCORE

Ugh

Also I love Weird Al but that was a lame boring cameo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Interesting night tonight...

First, The Middle appears to be a normal episode

quote:

A bar mitzvah causes Brick to question when he will become a man; Sue is a bit too enthusiastic when she tries to be flirtatious; Axl and Hutch find a new home.

But then The Goldbergs, a Sony show airing on Disney's ABC cross promotes the Fox movie "Eddie the Eagle"

quote:

Barry tries to gain respect at school by making Ball Ball popular; Beverly hopes the latest furniture craze will raise sales at Murray's store.

Modern Family continues to circle the drain with the same old plots

quote:

Power outages during a thunderstorm send the whole family to Jay and Gloria's; Jay tries to make it to a reunion with buddies from the Navy; Phil hopes to redeem himself after a panic attack; Mitch and Cam must salvage Lily's birthday party.

But then, ON A VERY SPECIAL BLACKISH:

quote:

Dre and Bow aren't sure how to respond when the kids ask tough questions about a controversial court case involving alleged police brutality.

Oh boy.

Finally not a comedy but American Crime is also a VERY SPECIAL EPISODE that will feature interviews with real victims of gun violence.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh God some dark humor about them forgetting which incident of brutality was which. Bold.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

There were a couple bits where the dialogue got a little too, uh Very Special Episode, but on the whole black-ish was superb, and really funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was it as good as the Camichael Show that covered BLM last year? I'm really looking forward to that coming back.

Goldbergs won show bingo yesterday, mainly for hitting a Barry/Horse reference, and Beverley dropping an f-bomb.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Plus a perfect recreation of Adam's real home movies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, every week I'm impressed just how much effort they put into those bits.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
An interesting note from The AV Club about The Goldbergs last night:

quote:

Google the name “Rubén Amaro, Jr.” Good thing I did, since I learned—as many of you probably already knew—that Amaro played for the Angels and the Indians, played for and subsequently served as general manager for the Phillies, and is currently a coach for the Red Sox.

And, yes, before that, he really did go to the same school as Adam F. Goldberg.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
OMG... Barry's angry dance.

Real O'Neals isn't bad so far. "I thought I handled it by taking you to a prostitute but that's not parenting. "

Jimmy Kimmel!

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 3, 2016

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah so far it's kinda funny. And I like the "multi-camera" gag.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Modern Family wasn't great this week but I did laugh out loud when I caught the urge to merge sight gag at Mitch and Cam's table

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
All new episodes for everything tonight (for the first time in weeks).

Also ABC did announce that all 4 Wednesday comedies were renewed for next year.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Weird Al
The Music of Fraggle Rock
101 Farts: Part 2

Kermit D Fonz

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The entire episode is gonna be a sports documentary? This rules.

AND W'S!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The good news is I'm climbing the social ladder by stepping on you guys

Why is half the class gasping?

LORD BIG OF TASTY

Zero One fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 7, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
THAC0 for life!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really hope that Barry just appearing at a table with a plate of tater tots becomes a new thing.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

The Middle
Episode: Survey Says ...
NEW
S07, E20

Frankie's lunch with Sue becomes awkward when Sue and her new boyfriend start obsessing over everything that is wrong with the world; Axl tells Mike he wants to quit football.

HD CC TV-PG

8:00 - 8:30 PM ABC

quote:

The Goldbergs
Episode: Rush
NEW
S03, E21

Beverly smothers Barry when he tells her that she favors Adam; Murray is not happy about Erica's new boyfriend who is a Rush fanatic.

HD CC

8:30 - 9:00 PM ABC

quote:

Modern Family
Episode: Man Shouldn't Lie
NEW
S07, E19

Claire and the kids hide a stray dog from Phil; even though Jay says he doesn't want new friends, Gloria invites a new couple over; Cameron rents out the upstairs apartment to a Christian rock band.

HD CC TV-PG (L)

9:00 - 9:31 PM ABC

quote:

blackish
Episode: Johnson & Johnson
NEW
S02, E20

Dre's sister's upcoming wedding leads to a conversation on tradition; Jack and Diane are afraid they are too old to be ring bearer and flower girl; Junior and Zoey prep Ruby to embrace her daughter's relationship.

HD CC TV-PG (L)

9:31 - 10:00 PM ABC

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
“My mother’s rejection of me is the most wonderful Birthday gift I could ever get!”

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They really nailed the casting for "gross Rush fan". Or, to be less repetitive, "Rush fan".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
So many Boba Fetts

edit:

https://twitter.com/TheGoldbergsABC/status/720415553614008320

Oh god RealAdam's picture was the biggest.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 14, 2016

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Something I just learned (from this Goldbergs special):

There is no real Erica Goldberg.

There is an ERIC Goldberg who is the oldest brother.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It's such a relief just to be sexy.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
She should have told everyone that the gift cards weren't real that they'd be given to the winners later.

Also, angry Dre is scary. :stare:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Charlie is back :neckbeard:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zero One posted:

Something I just learned (from this Goldbergs special):

There is no real Erica Goldberg.

There is an ERIC Goldberg who is the oldest brother.

Apparently he didn't take the casting wonderfully originally. Think he got over it though. Does kind of suck that they can't use his real footage though, and why "Erica" is never mentioned.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Space Camp!

https://twitter.com/TheGoldbergsABC/status/728020091011366912

Spoonies with mamma :stare:

https://twitter.com/TheGoldbergsABC/status/728024212246568960

Zero One fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 5, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Speaking of Goldbergs, I watched this earlier - http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldbergs/episode-guide/season-3/99-an-80s-rewind

It's just an overview of the show but has some fun out takes and talking head bits. The kid who plays Adam really feels like the character, same with the grandpa who couldn't remember what Transformers were and just calls the 'the episode we did with the boxes'.

It misses a beat by not having the real Adam Goldberg or anyone from his family involved, but it was a pleasant enough watch and it looks like they have as much fun on set as it looks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wanna live!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That big tasty freestyle was gold. Especially the inclusions of 'on fleek'. Best part of the episode by a mile, the rest was just meh.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Did anyone understand what that solution to the author's murder mystery was on Modern Family? Phil said something about "hooking the earl in the caboose," and beyond a sex joke, I have no idea what the gently caress.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
As a train goes around a horseshoe bend, the conductor's car briefly lines up with the caboose, which would allow the conductor to "plug the Earl in the caboose" without ever leaving his seat.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Your thin books!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Middle - now on Tuesdays I think, I saw an ad for it but didn't pay much attention to it as I never really cared much for the show, and that one kid freaks me out more and more each season.

Goldbergs - maybe not quuuuite as good as I'd like because I love Breakfast Club so very much, but no complaints from me. Ah, fond memories of trying to think of new looks to line up with new schools.

Speechless - has its own thread but might as well mention it here too. Felt like a lecture rather than a sitcom. Legit did a better job having storylines around someone with disabilities, has people I like in it but overall a chore to watch. Horrendous cover of a Jimmy Eat World song to put the final nails in the coffin at the end.

Modern Family - Jesus, can this show PLEASE think of something new beyond 'one party lies to another to hilarious consequences ' and 'two parties miss seeing each other by a brief moment', they've absolutely run both to death over the years. It doesn't work every episode, but yet they try any way. Luke has aged more than Lily in the off season yet again, somehow.

Black-ish - 30 minute long advert for Disney World in lieu of a premiere. Can't say it persuaded me to give this show another shot (I ran out of time to keep up with it during s1, but reviews seemed very positive). Was nice to see Jim Rash, at least.

Overall rating for the night: meh. Goldbergs the only thing that was worth a watch.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

It truly amazes me that the kid playing Adam is 17. He legit looks like he's barely pushing 13. Also was that the first time they've done an end picture that shows that the real Adam has 2 brothers instead of a brother and a sister?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hm maybe. I know they brought it up on last seasons 'behind the scenes' thing, which was actually quite good and shows the kid who plays Adam really is just like he acts.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The Erica and Jeff plot on the Goldbergs is terrible and I wish it would just end.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's not been the best. I don't understand why everyone around them is shipping them really hard too, don't they like her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I like the reoccurring "other Adam Goldberg" joke.

A real life boob
code:
@ @ @ @ @ @
@         @
@    @    @
@         @
@ @ @ @ @ @

• Locked thread