Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Haslam and that hobo should switch places Trading Places style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

v2vian man posted:

My personal 'pinion is that Haslam used "homeless person" to substitute for "poor-looking guy" and the guy had a home and in fact probably has given Haslam's stupid piece of poo poo corporation hundreds of dollars in his miserable life

That's no way to talk about the mayor of Cleveland.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

it was mike tomlin who told him and haslam is just really racist

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He could have a home and still be poor. There's houses in Cleveland you can obtain for less than $12k

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sash! posted:

He could have a home and still be poor. There's houses in Cleveland you can obtain for less than $12k

(some assembly required)

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I imagine Cleveland has a bunch of abandoned houses like Detroit or Gary

Why can't the homeless live in them? #bootstraps

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Donkwich posted:

I imagine Cleveland has a bunch of abandoned houses like Detroit or Gary

Why can't the homeless live in them? #bootstraps

Because then the banks can't lower supply to increase prices.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ribsauce posted:

How is it not close? #1 overall pick, held out, got a 60 million dollar contract, played 3 seasons, threw 4,000 total yards, won 7 games, showed up at camp at 300 pounds, then out of the league and arrested with purple drank.

Manziel is a bust, but he wasn't even his own team's first pick in the draft. He only got paid 8 million. Hell, you could argue Justin Gilbert was even a bigger bust from a draft value squandering.

edit

I just realized you may mean it isn't even close and JaMarcus was a bigger flameout

JaMarcus' career lasted twice as long as Johny's.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

it was mike tomlin who told him and haslam is just really racist

:hehe:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

(some assembly required)

There's a few that were really steals if you didn't have your heart set on having an actual roof

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I just checked Zillow, there really are a rather lot of listings below 10K in the Cleveland area. And not all 100% dilapidated.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Is there any negative to owning a house in Cleveland?

Besides the perpetual malaise and ennui

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Donkwich posted:

Having to live there?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Donkwich posted:

I think you're understating the malaise and ennui.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Manziel's case is headed to a grand jury, and he could spend a year in jail in addition to paying a $4000 fine

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chris James 2 posted:

Manziel's case is headed to a grand jury, and he could spend a year in jail in addition to paying a $4000 fine

Watch Belichick leak something to the press like he did with Tebow about the Pats being mildly interested in Manziel to try and bluff that passel of jackasses in Dallas into signing him.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Chris James 2 posted:

He should probably be doing some prison time, he's lucky if that's all he gets. Kidnapping, assaulting, and threatening to murder someone is pretty bad

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

DrunkPanda posted:

He should probably be doing some prison time, he's lucky if that's all he gets. Kidnapping, assaulting, and threatening to murder someone is pretty bad

In a twist he will get off, only to end up in jail for a double murder. It will be called a reverse OJ. Maybe Fiz can play Johnny in the FX series.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How many of you can handle that the next Cleveland QB will be very good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paxton Lynch is already hurt, so I'm feeling good about the bet of Ohio being Bad for another year

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cavauro posted:

How many of you can handle that the next Cleveland QB will be very good.

Phil Rivers is proof that being a very good QB doesn't matter if your WRs are trash cans.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DrunkPanda posted:

Yeah but he's rich and white so...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah but he's rich and white so...

So was Andy Dusfrene

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Those are the max penalties that the media uses to make the story seem important. Unfortunately beating the hell out of someone even a woman is not that big of a crime in the USA, now steal a $10 cigar and you are loving up. Sell a rock of crack, life.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Phil Rivers is proof that being a very good QB doesn't matter if your WRs are trash cans.

Not to derail things much, but Rivers's problem is the lack of protection the Chargers have saddled him with for ~5 years. They've generally been pretty good at getting receiving talent for him.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Josh Gordon is off suspension for the next couple weeks or so and Travis Benjamin has evolved into actually good

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I think the Chargers problem was the 2013 Falcons... they ditched a veteran center and their line never gelled after that.

Lets hope they fix it before Rivers turns into Pumpkin Ryan.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Just don't take Wentz please.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Durandal1707 posted:

Not to derail things much, but Rivers's problem is the lack of protection the Chargers have saddled him with for ~5 years. They've generally been pretty good at getting receiving talent for him.

Yeah Rivers has had weapons. Not like all-pro weapons (except Gates) but he's had weapons. He just has zero time to throw the ball. I actually watched a bunch of Chargers games this year and watching his o-line was just painful. Also Melvin Gordon sucked so he had no running threat to ease the pain.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Parmesan Basil posted:

Just don't take Wentz please.

Give us 2nd and 4th round picks for Manziel or else we will. Those are our terms.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Great White Hope posted:

Give us 2nd and 4th round picks for Manziel or else we will. Those are our terms.

...! That's a steep haul for a dude with an affluenza-induced prison sentence coming up. I'm gonna have to pass.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Parmesan Basil posted:

...! That's a steep haul for a dude with an affluenza-induced prison sentence coming up. I'm gonna have to pass.

We need those extra picks to trade back into the first round to take Hackenberg if we pass on Wentz.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Febreeze posted:

Yeah Rivers has had weapons. Not like all-pro weapons (except Gates) but he's had weapons. He just has zero time to throw the ball. I actually watched a bunch of Chargers games this year and watching his o-line was just painful. Also Melvin Gordon sucked so he had no running threat to ease the pain.

I don't get it how could Melvin Gordon be good if the o-line is poo poo. People act like rbs should be able to create production by themselves. That's a one in a million rb

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ammanas posted:

I don't get it how could Melvin Gordon be good if the o-line is poo poo. People act like rbs should be able to create production by themselves. That's a one in a million rb

No when a RB isn't rushing for 2000 yards it's because he's fat and lazy like eddie lacy and not pushing himself and playing with grit (like eddie lacy when the packers were good)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ammanas posted:

Do you watch pro football? Did you actually watch Melvin Gordon play pro football last year?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

CJ or Hillman would've done better than Gordon on that offense and those guys aren't anything special

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I barely followed that post. Yikes.

And Melvin Gordon was garbage. This years Richardson

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I barely followed that post. Yikes.

And Melvin Gordon was garbage. This years Richardson

Richardson was a can't miss runningback touted as the best prospect since Adrian Peterson. Melvin Gordon went to Wisconsin.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Richardson was a can't miss runningback touted as the best prospect since Adrian Peterson. Melvin Gordon went to Wisconsin.

He wasn't the prospect that Richardson was but there was every reason to be excited about Melvin Gordon, at least as a natural runner. I still don't understand why either of them is this bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

He wasn't the prospect that Richardson was but there was every reason to be excited about Melvin Gordon, at least as a natural runner. I still don't understand why either of them is this bad.

Wisconsin tends to have a history of churning out RBs who can't do poo poo in the NFL.

• Locked thread