Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I want to try to steal the sword, but I wanted to give the rest of the party a chance to discuss it before committing/getting my head torn off by a multiheaded canine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
:justpost:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Just posted to basically tell Venner to go for it, so feel free to :justpost:

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Venner: world's worst thief.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

At least you contributed to the soul bank? We're gonna be rolling in it after this, assuming we get back to the Nexus somehow.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

quote:

Cast a Spell: on a 7-9, the spell is revoked until you Recover. (there are also items to recover spell uses)
That replaces the normal 3 choices from cast a spell. PS you can prepare the same spell multiple times.

e: also Bless requires a combatant who stands and fights. Something tells me Venner might not benefit from the spell for long. Could be wrong though of course.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I feel like Bless might be best on Agerios or Dom -- someone who's going to be holding the line while we squishies flee.

I was going to ask about prepping a spell multiple times to guard against its loss, so thanks for answering that in advance.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Oh, alright! It's revoked, then.

I wouldn't have pegged Venner for a stand-and-fight type either, but it sounds like the gently caress-hound has him pretty well cornered. If it only helps with one roll while he tries to get past it, it (probably) won't have been wasted. Gotta stop being so stingy with spells, anyways.

Edited it as revoked.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 28, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Free to edit now that it's been clarified.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
This is the part where Agerios discovers it's a bad idea to poke monsters with a pointy stick.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I dunno, seems like it's workin' out okay so far!

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Would I be able to take advantage of Agieros charging to work in a sneak attack on the dog?

Edit: on second thought, I'll just try to chuck a poisoned knife at it.

deadking fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 28, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IlNbsILLE

GM's honesty: It's pretty risky to try to surprise something with three heads that already knows you're there.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Can I Magic Missile this guy without a Defy Danger against the magma?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Deltasquid: is that an Aid move?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Sorry, should've mentioned I burned 1 luck on that. It's test your luck.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

TYL is about your luck, you can't roll it for someone else. I think a DR would be a better fit based on the fiction. You've had time to examine the beast and suss it out in battle.

If you think that's correct, ask a question from the DR 7result. Otherwise edit or elaborate or ask me anything.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Ah, I interpreted it as "I sure hope the group/ I get lucky and Dom understands the meaning behind these words!" which would technically be me getting lucky.

But if that's too far-fetched, I'll go with DR: "What here is useful or valuable to me?"

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

The situation reminded me of this melodramatic and--to me--darkly funny scene, which does not accurately portray what happens when someone lands on lava.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R01bex9Ejvg&t=79s

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

(12:28:19 PM) mistaya: so what exactly is being offered here?
(12:36:41 PM) slydingdoor: bonfire or soul bank

quote:

Recover
When you rest at a bonfire, recover all your HP and Spell uses and fill your your renewable recovery items to the maximum. All the monsters killed respawn and traps disarmed reset. If the Human leader chooses, you all return to the Nexus.

Souls and Blood
XP and GP are merged into a single resource: Souls, or Blood, if your character wishes. One XP is 10 of them and vice versa. When you would gain XP through a move or a failed roll, it is "banked" into the next End of Session milestone you hit--the next revelation about the world, the next worthy foe you defeat, or the next notable treasure you loot. Everyone will make the same amount of Souls from reaching these milestones.
When you Recover, you can spend S/B equal to your level +70 to increase your level by one, gain 1 hp, and add 1 to a stat.
When you Consume a Powerful Soul, gain a new move from your class treat your level as one less and take a move from another class. You cannot take a move from another class if that class's character does not have that move.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So we get either the hard-earned XP/gold or we get the bonfire? Rough deal! But I'll go with what Odessa's goddess want her to do.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
I think our soul bank will keep accumulating if we get the bonfire, but this is an opportunity to 'cash out' and get somebody a bonus soul move. (?)

If somebody wants to disagree with me and snuff the hell pooch, that'd be a pretty interesting turn.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Reminder that the thing is dying, that's the "default" choice: do nothing and it dies by bleeding out or jumping in the well.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Our spellcasters seem pretty tapped out right now, so the bonfire could be good. But if they want to keep on trucking and take the Souls and Blood, I'm cool with it; I've still got most of my consumables.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I've still got Magic Missile and some recovery item uses, so I'm not in terrible shape, although being at one-third HP kind of sucks. What I'm more concerned about is the "monsters respawn, traps reset" bit, unless that would help us make good with the harpies by, uh, not killing them this time?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

drat, my post got eaten. Rewrote it. The Soul Bank hasn't increased because Odessa's roll was boosted by the aid, and I don't think Venner really had a trigger for Discern Realities.

Also reminder that you guys have souls and can spend them to duplicate one another's equipment if you wish.

http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/equipment prices here.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

deadking, you only get 1 question per hold. It's pretty clear which question you wanted to ask this time though just thought I'd mention it.

e; if someone successfully aids you you can ask more questions.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Yeah, I think I misread trap expert; I thought it you spent a hold to ask all three questions. In any case, let's go with "Is there a trap here and if so what activates it?" unless someone wants to aid.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but the stone disc door is the the same stone disc that capped the well. It was removed from the well, rolled down the tunnel, and used to not-quite block the tunnel instead.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Delta: BBLG destroys the obstacle, and requires you to make choices from a list. Is that okay and could you add them? Just opening the door requires no roll since you already know how to do it.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
I think it's funnier if he destroys the door again instead of opening it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Well, question: Since the disc came out of the well would putting it back in the well fix the elevator? Or take us up somehow? I feel like we were supposed to fix it not just ignore it.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

slydingdoor posted:

Delta: BBLG destroys the obstacle, and requires you to make choices from a list. Is that okay and could you add them? Just opening the door requires no roll since you already know how to do it.

I straight up forgot to add the choices because I was in a rush, but now I'm slightly confused. Is this the way we came in, or the way we're supposed to go? Did resting at the bonfire also reset the door I opened?

Regardless, I smash that disc up good. Because

StringOfLetters posted:

I think it's funnier if he destroys the door again instead of opening it.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah you already know from before that a way to open the door that works is to turn it and roll it, you could easily roll it up the tunnel and back onto the well instead of down the hill into that poor tree. It's heavy but doing so wouldn't be dangerous.

Yeah when you rest at a bonfire some stuff, like this door that blocks the entrance--the place you came through from the hidden path to the tunnel with the dog and bonfire and well--monsters, and traps, all reset because time shenanigans. Bosses and other stuff don't though because of idk hopefully we can come up with something in the fiction together later when it comes up.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

StringOfLetters: Triggering a Spout Lore about sorcery--if your character has reason to know about that, in which case, tell us how so--may help you with your goal. Also or otherwise you could trigger Divine Guidance, since Alarai's domain would seem to be helpful.

I also suggest to you all to describe what you do rather than say what you would do. Even poking around and asking questions without necessarily triggering your own moves necessarily may yield clues or opportunities.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
I meant to encourage Ysolde to start the zappin' ritual, but spouting lore is absolutely something Odessa would do if it were remotely possible. Edited post.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Dammit my bookmark scrolled by your post about editing the thing. I finally posted a response. They'll come quicker now that I'll be paying closer attention.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I'll be in Amsterdam until Wednesday evening. I'll post ASAP then. Sorry if this causes any hangups!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I meant to ask earlier if you had any comments or suggestions on the stuff that's on my end: GMing style, tone, setting, etc. Even if it's just "No not really" I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Loving it all!

• Locked thread