Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you love trade deadline day?
This poll is closed.
Yes 28 41.79%
Yes 39 58.21%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Except for inflated assists and points by being in Dallas, he is sub bottom pairing in everything.

much like kris russell, except with a cooler name, and not also costing a conditional second rounder and nothing prospect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/704378062071320576

please make the conference finals and lose, so that the price for kris russell is a first round loving pick

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Unless I am wrong, did the Coyotes just get fleeced? I know nothing about these prospects. And :lol: Tanguay

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

GMs have no idea how to value defensemen at all is what I have learned in the past few years of being an avid hockey fan.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aye Doc posted:

much like kris russell, except with a cooler name, and not also costing a conditional second rounder and nothing prospect

Pollock is actually a decent prospect.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

darkwolf220 posted:

Unless I am wrong, did the Coyotes just get fleeced? I know nothing about these prospects. And :lol: Tanguay

you are wrong. colorado got fleeced. the coyotes can just not sign whatsisname and get a high second pick. they can maybe move tanguay for something before the deadline still

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

JawKnee posted:

no we didn't, because Benning isn't going to get anything

hamhuis apparently won't waive for boston. i guess it's just la and dallas still in

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/status/704379127055327232

bad traffic or bad trade incoming

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

One hour to go. Wonder how much crap the Caps are gonna give up for Hamhuis...

:munch:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

the talent deficit posted:

you are wrong. colorado got fleeced. the coyotes can just not sign whatsisname and get a high second pick. they can maybe move tanguay for something before the deadline still

Maybe they can get him moved. I thought Boedker would have a better return than a 2nd considering he is one of the better forwards still on the market. Oh well.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Lmao if Calgary gets a goddamn first round pick for Kris loving Russell. Good lord.

darkwolf220 posted:

Maybe they can get him moved. I thought Boedker would have a better return than a 2nd considering he is one of the better forwards still on the market. Oh well.

Boedker isn't very good though.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

One hour to go. Wonder how much crap the Caps are gonna give up for Hamhuis...

:munch:

I mean unless it's an absolute fleecing I'm not against the idea. The Caps have good depth but Hamhuis = fewer minutes for Orpik = good idea. He's a really good player so why not load up?

Also he's played under Trotz so it shouldn't be a hard transition.

I think the Caps aren't likely to get him but hey it's a nice idea.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

I mean unless it's an absolute fleecing I'm not against the idea. The Caps have good depth but Hamhuis = fewer hard minutes for Orpik. He's a really good player so why not load up?

:agreed:

Except I'm afraid it's going to be a fleecing.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Jim Benning is the GM of Vancouver.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mind_Taker posted:

I mean unless it's an absolute fleecing I'm not against the idea. The Caps have good depth but Hamhuis = fewer minutes for Orpik = good idea. He's a really good player so why not load up?

They said they're operating on a two-year window, so even a fleecing is OK if it gets you a Cup. There's kind of a logjam on the blueline if they got him though, so would they be giving up one of their young guys?

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Cartoon Man posted:

There will be a second round pick or two involved ... but they'll be Vancouver's.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Mind_Taker posted:

Jim Benning is the GM of Vancouver.

Hamhuis and Horvat for Brooks Orpik + conditional seventh in 2019

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/704378062071320576

please make the conference finals and lose, so that the price for kris russell is a first round loving pick

On TSN I think they said Russell has to play at least half the games in Rd1 + Rd2... So would be pretty easy to just scratch him for 4 games in one of the series' since likely he blows anyways :shrug:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

They said they're operating on a two-year window, so even a fleecing is OK if it gets you a Cup. There's kind of a logjam on the blueline if they got him though, so would they be giving up one of their young guys?

They'd have to put Carlson on IR until the end of the season to make any significant salary coming back work under the cap. I'm against trading Schmidt or Orlov under almost any circumstances.

Again, I don't see it happening but Hamhuis is an immediate upgrade over most of the Caps defensemen right now. If it pushes Schmidt to the press box I'm not against it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Late on this, but I'm eagerly anticipating the Wings trading a 1st round pick for Kindl in 2018

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Technetium posted:

Lmao if Calgary gets a goddamn first round pick for Kris loving Russell. Good lord.

Dallas isn't getting through their division. It's a second-round pick.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
wait, nill traded pollock to the flames??

:mad:

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
For what it's worth Mike Vogel (reporter for the Capitals website and Ted Leonsis's media venture Monumental network) swears the Caps aren't in on Hamhuis, and he's usually pretty darn correct.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

They absolutely could get to the conference finals. They are likely playing one of STL, COL, or NSH and I think they should be favored in any of those series. CHI is better but it's not like they are automatically going to win their first two rounds.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
:lol: Stars

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bobby mac is saying pittsburgh wants hamhouse too but he probably won't waive for them either. you suck at this trading thing benning

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Gunjin posted:

For what it's worth Mike Vogel (reporter for the Capitals website and Ted Leonsis's media venture Monumental network) swears the Caps aren't in on Hamhuis, and he's usually pretty darn correct.

Yeah this is why I said it isn't likely, and MacLellan already mentioned he probably wasn't going to make a big move.

Still, I feel like he couldn't help but be a huge upgrade on a defense that frankly I think is a little bit overrated.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

St. Dogbert posted:

Wouldn't be the first time Chicago failed to go deep after winning the cup and they should be a tough matchup for literally any other team in their division.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/omarcanuck/status/704369035253710848

supposedly they didn't like Dano

jesus christ.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

jesus christ.

:stare:

Good lord.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The trade deadline was better when it was about the trades, not Canucks fans complaining about not trading.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/704384933142372352

why even loving bother at that point, dale???

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aye Doc posted:

jesus christ.

benning is a stupid fuckwit goddamn

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/704384933142372352

why even loving bother at that point, dale???

Christ, that's it?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

The trade deadline was better when it was about the trades, not Canucks fans complaining about not trading.

Disagree.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zodijackylite posted:

SAS has been the Canucks fans complaining forum since mid 2011.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Apparently Dallas might be out of the Hamhuis race:

https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/704385445598273536

Not sure who this guy is

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Calling it now, Jamie McGinn, Chad Johnson and a first for Stamkos.

GET TO IT GMTM

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

jesus christ.

Why is Jim Benning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
look kris russell is a warrior for sure but a defenseman, a prospect, and a first? that's hossa loving territory christ am i glad we got staal for our price

• Locked thread