Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you love trade deadline day?
This poll is closed.
Yes 28 41.79%
Yes 39 58.21%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

MassaShowtime posted:

I know Patrick Maroon is big but like what else does he do.

Mostly stand in front of the net and let better players bounce pucks in off of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Pretty disappointing that Wilson didn't bring in another forward, especially when someone like Pirri went for an Anaheim 6th

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

:laffo:

uhhhh yeah i mean, that makes sense to me too.

bruh gonna sit in montreal. maybe he can get tickets to the game next time the lightning play there?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DOOMocrat posted:

I am so glad Gagliardi bought the Stars and was denied buying the Canucks even if Kris Russell is at best a lateral

As in he can lay laterally on the ice and hope a puck hits him?

I don't see how he's an upgrade or even to jyrki (and a huge name downgrade) and they threw in a 2nd/1st on top of it. Nill got drunk and lost a bet or something.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Hammer keeps using 'We' to refer to potential things he would do. I suppose he means him and his family, but it's more entertaining to consider it as being the royal use

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wonderllama posted:

:laffo:

uhhhh yeah i mean, that makes sense to me too.

bruh gonna sit in montreal. maybe he can get tickets to the game next time the lightning play there?

Remember when we thought yzerman wasn't like all those other players turned GMs?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

MassaShowtime posted:

I know Patrick Maroon is big but like what else does he do.

play roller hockey, likes to be referred to as "big dog" and that he needs to "eat"

I didnt even know we still had Tim Jackman
what the hell is a Corey Tropp

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Players gonna flee Tampa like rats from a sinking ship with Yzerman at the helm

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

Except Callahan!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/PxPOttawa/status/704424180079587329

Isn't that what rebuilding teams should be doing?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

huh, well uh, thanks for lookin out for us Murray

I don't know if the isles have a spot for this Prince dude in the NHL lineup, plan to use him as a 13th forward, or just own the AHL right now. He'd be a good add to the 4th line to replace Matt Martin but there's no way Capuano breaks up The Best Fourth Line in Hockey(tm) to do that

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
bergevins rocking quite the beard

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Levitate posted:

why would they do that? for the record, you are agreeing with the majority of HF board members.

for reference, this is what a (former) player thinks of the situation:

id imagine most players feel the same. they put in the work, and when needed, they fulfilled their assignments to the AHL. i doubt any players have a modicum of relatability to what drouin is doing.

the only people upset, are fans of other teams that just wanted to trade for drouin/see more trades/just have an all around bad opinion about hockey stuff

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 29, 2016

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DOOP posted:

This is old, but is this actually true? I don't believe it

Brooks Laich got hosed :(

Yes. He stayed with a friend of mine during the Vancouver Olympics and was a huge weird douche.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

AHL moves but nice for the Sutter family to be closer together in Southern Cal.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

spare some change??

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

fits posted:

bergevins rocking quite the beard

it's ironic

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

JawKnee posted:

Oilers picked up maroon because

finally announced it was for martin gernat and 4th

eh :shrug:

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
"We were in with Dallas and they decided to go a different direction, but it was a deal that really didn't make sense to us" -Benning

aka. "they offered us picks, who needs those"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus extends Boone Jenner two years.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

why would they do that? for the record, you are agreeing with the majority of HF board members.

for reference, this is what a (former) player thinks of the situation:

id imagine most players feel the same. they put in the work, and when needed, they fulfilled their assignments to the AHL. i doubt any players have a modicum of relatability to what drouin is doing.

the only people upset, are fans of other teams that just wanted to trade for drouin/see more trades/just have an all around bad opinion about hockey stuff

Yzerman chased St Louis out of Tampa, Stamkos is gonna leave, Drouin wants out, and lol quoting Mike Commodore on anything that guy is dumb as poo poo

Sorry someone besmirched your precious "bolts"

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Scorchy posted:

"We were in with Dallas and they decided to go a different direction, but it was a deal that really didn't make sense to us" -Benning

aka. "they offered us picks, who needs those"

given the offer for Russel, Benning must have been asking for something outrageous - seeing as he (supposedly) wants to build through drafting

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mike Commodore is a moron who tweets too much and was also terrible at hockey.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I think I've got the OP up to date, despite trades apparently still being announced.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Benning said that they offered Hamhuis to Dallas for a similar package that Russell got.

So who's dumber: Dallas for choosing Russell over Hamhuis or Vancouver for not getting ANYTHING for Hamhuis?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lollll all that :qq: from Canucks fans on TSN 1040

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Levitate posted:

Yzerman chased St Louis out of Tampa, Stamkos is gonna leave, Drouin wants out, and lol quoting Mike Commodore on anything that guy is dumb as poo poo

Sorry someone besmirched your precious "bolts"

st louis was an olympic snubbing, fine whatever. stamkos leaving is conjecture, and if he does it's pecuniary and not personnel. and drouin is mad about playing minutes, just like every other young player in history, except he chose to sit out.

yzerman is kicking rear end at not moving him and i think it's cool, sorry he has ripped off your precious "rangers"

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I was originally joking but it is funny to see you flip your poo poo about it

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

fits posted:

finally announced it was for martin gernat and 4th

eh :shrug:

I guess Bob had to make at least one stupid trade

We already have too many defencemen and you trade with the Oilers for one - who are well known for drafting and developing top notch blue liners.

First time Ducks have been on the losing end of a trade with Edmonton though I guess

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mind_Taker posted:

Benning said that they offered Hamhuis to Dallas for a similar package that Russell got.

So who's dumber: Dallas for choosing Russell over Hamhuis or Vancouver for not getting ANYTHING for Hamhuis?

Apparently Dreger said that we offered something, Vancouver upped the price, we matched, and they upped it again.

Which uh... yeah, Nill might have been inebriated today but not that much.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Woah, Corey Potter is still a thing?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
im not allowed to flip my poo poo anymore.

and i understand now that what you wrote was a classic SAS trope where you write something that doesn't work in the context of being a joke and then call it a joke.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

LmaoTheKid posted:

Woah, Corey Potter is still a thing?

enough of a thing the preds traded for him

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
it's going to be awesome to watch Tampa go from being a team primed to dominate the eastern conference for years to a fringe playoff team because Stevie Y is a jerk

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

whatis posted:

it's going to be awesome to watch Tampa go from being a team primed to dominate the eastern conference for years to a fringe playoff team because Stevie Y is a jerk

this guy gets it

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

fits posted:

enough of a thing the preds traded for him

For the always fun "Future Considerations".

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Kyrosiris posted:

Apparently Dreger said that we offered something, Vancouver upped the price, we matched, and they upped it again.

Which uh... yeah, Nill might have been inebriated today but not that much.

The likes of hamhuis and Russel are going to win this team exactly 0 more games in the playoffs than they would have by standing pat. I hate that apparently Nill doesnt have a very good eye for defense, but atleast we kept the damage to one bad trade instead of 2.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Jim Benning presser in a nutshell: "at the end of the day."

You suck at talking and GMing man. I also like how a week ago he said unequivocally that the team was more interested in young players than picks then he just spent 30 mins basically crying about a lack of picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

im not allowed to flip my poo poo anymore.

and i understand now that what you wrote was a classic SAS trope where you write something that doesn't work in the context of being a joke and then call it a joke.

joking and jokes aren't the same thing jeez

• Locked thread