Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you think im scum then you dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

infact ##vote flying leatherman

your tunneling me based on a poo poo reason and aren't even looking for scum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CCKeane posted:

I'm not joking with my Jedit vote. Looked at stuff some more and I'm feeling it.

Explain. You've played with me enough to know I'm never really active during joke phase.

Birdstrike is ringing my bell right now. He's throwing around suspicions with a shotgun without ever committing, his response to me claiming an unspecified role feels like fishing and I can't believe he doesn't know what vanilla is.

##vote Birdstrike

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jedit posted:

Explain. You've played with me enough to know I'm never really active during joke phase.

Birdstrike is ringing my bell right now. He's throwing around suspicions with a shotgun without ever committing, his response to me claiming an unspecified role feels like fishing and I can't believe he doesn't know what vanilla is.

##vote Birdstrike

Nice of you to pop in once somebody votes you.

No effort to move out of jokephase, 8 posts in thread total? Good candidate for a day one vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jedit posted:

##vote Birdstrike

Like this is literally the first post with any content and it is made right after I vote him. FEELIN' IT. FEELIN' THE JEDIT.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

imgay posted:

##unvote

infact ##vote flying leatherman

your tunneling me based on a poo poo reason and aren't even looking for scum.

I disagree that it's a bad reason but hey here we are.

It's funny you should mention that, though, because I actually do have another weird thing that I wanted to talk about that doesn't involve you:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

this changed in the space of 40 minutes; what changed so drastically in that time for you, DBD?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Flying Leatherman posted:

It's funny you should mention that, though, because I actually do have another weird thing that I wanted to talk about that doesn't involve you:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

this changed in the space of 40 minutes; what changed so drastically in that time for you, DBD?

in fairness to DBD, he also called out Ixt, but I'm really curious where the "several others" are coming from and who they are

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

It's right before I realized I had to call out like 3-4 people to contribute while there were still about 2-3 others not posting much at all as well. Also right before imgay actually started posting thoughts instead of the only thing I had on him which was his weak defense. So out of the people who actually posted, Quid and imgay were the only ones that stuck out hence I didn't really see anybody else posting scummy poo poo, but it's pretty actively anti-town to not post anything of value and when half of the game is doing that I can't really justify a mostly gut D1 vote.

I'm still not against an imgay lynch when it comes down to it, but there are also a few others, mainly any lurker or Quidnose that I also don't mind lynching.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Keane makes a good point with Jedit not really doing much until being voted.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe if more people voted merk he would actually say something

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but thats just jedit logic I guess

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hi folks I just got home and am catching up now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

I'm town guys. See you day 2.

---

##vote MMT

Merk makes these two posts. Taste then votes for Merk for being low-effort. Merk's reaction:

merk posted:

Is this fake or have you really failed to understand how I play this game?

---

[quote="merk" post="456959370"]
I was just lynched as town on d1 in my last game for low effort. Literally two weeks ago. I change styles in every game, trying new things. I've said this numerous times.

That has to be fake.

---

You were 100% for a long time in the soldiers game, the last game we played together.

This is some real bad stuff, Taste. I can't tell whether it's scummy or not yet.

---

I think you even made a wrong meta read in the soldiers game to say why I was town. I'd go look but on a phone.

(a) So Merk is clearly able to make effort - he just isn't using it to hunt scum.
(b) The game Merk is referring to is Generic Mafia and Taste wasn't in it so I feel like Taste calling Merk's play scummy is completely reasonable. Instead of entertaining the notion that Taste is wrong he went right to "fake".
(c) Regardless of if it's an intentional playstyle thing, in my eyes popping in on D1 with a vote and no other worthwhile contribute to scumhunting is scummy.

I'm fine with my vote on Merk but am still reading others.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

##unvote

That was a town reaction from Tomm.

---

That wasn't a slap fight, that was barely a poke.

---

Like, I feel like scum wouldn't publicly state "see you day 2," they'd just silently dissolve into the background and let the more vocal players take themselves out day 1.

I have a scum vibe from Max. I feel like his posting feels detached and more like commentary than casing.

Max, who are your strongest reads and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I really don't like TTs vote on merk and feel the justification for it is pretty weak:

This is coming from someone who often advocates for a no lynch on D1 and here he is saying that he wants to vote merk because of low effort. But the problem is that this whole day is been pretty low effort so far. If merk is town, it's better to have him around and if he is actually scum, it should be pretty obvious after a day or two because he will start making excuses about not playing.

This sounds agenda-driven (diffuse suspicion from Merk) than a natural thought. Like literally Merk posted "I'm town, see you d2, vote" and then posted a bunch of meta stuff - I admit it might be my own biases but I feel like it's crazy for TMM to be accusing Taste and defending Merk after that interaction.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Jedit has 7 posts, gently caress 'em.

I also actually agree with the sentiment behind this - when I'm scum in low-effort games I find it really really hard to find stuff to talk about, so to me it's not unbelievable that we could probably randomly draw one of the bottom-3 content posters and get scum. (I haven't actually looked at the numbers yet)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Monologue over. I'd vote for any of those people.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I have reread the game and want to kill the leather man or the deadbeat man. The leather man has a very cute catte avatar, which we've discussed in the past, whereas the deadbeat man has but an egg upon his head, which cooked or not is not as cute.

Also leatherman has a way better joke phase. Some strong stuff leading out there, look at this:

Confirming, I'll see everyone tomorrow

Also we shouldn't vote birb because catapults are a very useful role for town ;)

Is this a sportsball joke? It must be a sportsball joke. (I do not follow the sportsball)

TremTa whose wings are your favorite wings? This is important.

Some funny stuff sadly cut short by a misunderstanding of imgay.

Contrast this with the self-conscious and not as funny spaghetti joke of deadbeat dad:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Lmao I just dropped an entire plate of leftover pasta on my floor and there is nothing in the house to eat. Do I still eat this pasta? Y/N

Everyone knows that pasta is no good once it's cast upon the beige carpet. A weak beginning. Also I just realized I'm suspicious of both of them for voting imgay for his strong start with excellent logic. Will revisit later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##unvote

I somehow completely misread the initial interaction between Birdstrike & DBD and thought their positions were reversed. Which would make DBD look hypocritical with his responses but they actually are completely what he has been saying all along. I can't read I guess.

I still have bad feelings about him but I think that's tempered by my initial feeling of "hypocrite" so I probably need to look elsewhere. Trying not to get so locked on tunnel vision this game (hi Max)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grats in your quota driven 3 quote post.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Quidnose posted:

##unvote

I somehow completely misread the initial interaction between Birdstrike & DBD and thought their positions were reversed. Which would make DBD look hypocritical with his responses but they actually are completely what he has been saying all along. I can't read I guess.

I still have bad feelings about him but I think that's tempered by my initial feeling of "hypocrite" so I probably need to look elsewhere. Trying not to get so locked on tunnel vision this game (hi Max)

Which Max?

imgay posted:

Grats in your quota driven 3 quote post.

Thanks imgay.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Merk makes these two posts. Taste then votes for Merk for being low-effort. Merk's reaction:

(a) So Merk is clearly able to make effort - he just isn't using it to hunt scum.
(b) The game Merk is referring to is Generic Mafia and Taste wasn't in it so I feel like Taste calling Merk's play scummy is completely reasonable. Instead of entertaining the notion that Taste is wrong he went right to "fake".
(c) Regardless of if it's an intentional playstyle thing, in my eyes popping in on D1 with a vote and no other worthwhile contribute to scumhunting is scummy.

I'm fine with my vote on Merk but am still reading others.

This is fake fake fake fake fake.

a. We all know merk is able to make effort and be awesome when he wants to, we also know he has said he's peacing out until D2. Why are you stating this?
b. His point isn't "look at this game to see what I am talking about," it's "you should know from being in our community that I switch it up a lot so I can't understand why this is what you are saying." You are misrepresenting here.
c. Why? Why is this scummy? Why would scum do this, publicly? That makes no sense.

You have fakely justified a lurker vote by saying this post is scummy. It isn't. ##vote MMT

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Which Max?

Thanks imgay.

Will the real Max please stand up?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The only joke about the pasta is me after I scooped it off of the carpet. :smith:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If we can't come to any kind of consesense I would rather Lynch one of the lower effort players.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Jedit popping in after his name call is scummy and I would also vote him for that, but he's not actively posting fake content trying to pretend he is contributing like that MMT post

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

I have reread the game and want to kill the leather man or the deadbeat man. The leather man has a very cute catte avatar, which we've discussed in the past, whereas the deadbeat man has but an egg upon his head, which cooked or not is not as cute.

Also leatherman has a way better joke phase. Some strong stuff leading out there, look at this:

Some funny stuff sadly cut short by a misunderstanding of imgay.

Contrast this with the self-conscious and not as funny spaghetti joke of deadbeat dad:

Everyone knows that pasta is no good once it's cast upon the beige carpet. A weak beginning. Also I just realized I'm suspicious of both of them for voting imgay for his strong start with excellent logic. Will revisit later.

What is this garbage

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidnose posted:

What is this garbage

i know

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm gonna write a case with like, 3 quotes on D1. I can promise that much effort at least.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am doing a reread because this game day is so content light I feel like I have time for this.

Has anyone played in a game where Max is scum? He has been uncharacteristically quiet.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That post isn't even pretending to have actual effort. I'm disappoint ixt

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm glad you're counting it as a case because it's really not, I was gonna write another later.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

This is fake fake fake fake fake.

a. We all know merk is able to make effort and be awesome when he wants to, we also know he has said he's peacing out until D2. Why are you stating this?
b. His point isn't "look at this game to see what I am talking about," it's "you should know from being in our community that I switch it up a lot so I can't understand why this is what you are saying." You are misrepresenting here.
c. Why? Why is this scummy? Why would scum do this, publicly? That makes no sense.

You have fakely justified a lurker vote by saying this post is scummy. It isn't. ##vote MMT

a. Because he isn't.
b. If his playstyle is "lay low and don't post D1", why did he have so much to say when Taste cased him?
c. Because the easiest way to not get caught in a lie is to not contribute. Regardless of whether or not this is what he's doing, there's every reason to do it as scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm glad you're counting it as a case because it's really not, I was gonna write another later.

holding you to an actual case post

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay posted:

I don't understand your logic. If statistics say you are scum 1/10 of the time and you've been town the past 9 games, how is it a bad vote based on absolutely nothing else of substance happening in the game
. it's not a substantial vote, but it's a starting thought to avoid stagnation that's happened all day today. fart McCarthy Blvd Los Gatos CA.

I grew up near Los Gatos CA wtf

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote Jedit

At least until he comes back and offers a bit more insight. Would vote merk or Ixt as well. imgay gets a pass for being pretty useful but still pings my gut. Quid I can see misreading the situation but did you ever explain the dropping the MMT thing quickly? Several people have brought it up and wonder if you feel any sort of strong way on her alignment.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Oh wait you literally just posted about it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

SirSamVimes posted:

holding you to an actual case post

Gonna case you now fcuker.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

a. Because he isn't.
b. If his playstyle is "lay low and don't post D1", why did he have so much to say when Taste cased him?
c. Because the easiest way to not get caught in a lie is to not contribute. Regardless of whether or not this is what he's doing, there's every reason to do it as scum.

B is the only valid point you've made in all this, but you didn't make it until now.

You essentially were all "Look at this scumpost that stands as clearly a scumpost" because your analysis on it was literally nothing except what it already said.

The fact that you're coming in with this now instead of having that be the reason you were showing this us in the first place is supsicious.

As for C, sure, but I don't think merk of all people would do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

How is anyone making actual cases regarding the interaction between me and Quid? My original case was literally "oh you aren't tunneling Max you're scum" and it was before any actual casing was being done, it was basically just jokephase with a Mafia slant.

• Locked thread