Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
It'd be cool if the Angels had one in vietnamese, considering how big Little Saigon is in Orange County. I guess there isn't much baseball in Asia outside of Korea/Japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

Seriously, that owns.

I can see people getting mad about "Asian Heritage Night" only featuring Japanese and Korean writing though.

Orioles spurned again.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

shadok posted:

That's an afternoon game at Rogers Centre in August with the roof open.

Huh, thought it was a dome

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

Orioles spurned again.

Hey Poque how come you've never read Tanaka's wiki page? Hmmmm?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

It's pretty funny seeing Sergio Romo of all people get pissy about Harper

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey Poque how come you've never read Tanaka's wiki page? Hmmmm?

insert joke about chris coghlan's kill-bill list here

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

bradzilla posted:

Huh, thought it was a dome

It is a dome, with a retractable roof.

Roof goes open.

Roof goes closed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
“I’ll tell you what has happened, these guys played Rotisserie baseball at Harvard or wherever the gently caress they went and they thought they figured the loving game out. They don’t know poo poo."

The hottest of takes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What does Rotisserie baseball even mean?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Popete posted:

I want to believe you are not serious, but here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_baseball#Rotisserie_League_Baseball

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ok that I have heard that before. I thought he meant as a slight about how Harvard baseball is a bunch of wusses.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Popete posted:

I don't know but I'm into it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Popete posted:

It's fantasy baseball

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
It also tastes delicious

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
As long as it hasn't been sitting in the warmer for hours

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The best part of that Goose Gossage interview is Jose Bautista responding with "well it's nice that the old man has comments and I can only hope that when I'm senile people will pay the same attention to me."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Orioles spurned again.

I'm surprised there aren't more Taiwanese major leaguers. Pushing yourself to be the best requires a Taipei personality. :haw:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey guys, just stopping by to thank Goose Gossage for reminding me that gently caress all Yankees forever is still the way to go.

Sorry ARod.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Hey guys, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I can't find the thread where people share their MLB account. Or did MLB finally outlaw the sharing? Thanks for a link or any info.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I hope when I'm old I can still appreciate whatever that era's version of Joey Bats bat flips or Steph Curry threes are.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Lorini posted:

Hey guys, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I can't find the thread where people share their MLB account. Or did MLB finally outlaw the sharing? Thanks for a link or any info.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764255

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I hope when I'm old I can still appreciate whatever that era's version of Steph Curry threes are.

You should never ask this question but, People don't actually complain about this right?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more Taiwanese major leaguers. Pushing yourself to be the best requires a Taipei personality. :haw:

You are the absolute worst.

Good job.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Capt. Sticl posted:

You should never ask this question but, People don't actually complain about this right?

Just don't ask Oscar Robinson...

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I really like the rotisserie baseball comment because who the gently caress plays like that anymore

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I hope when I'm old I can still appreciate whatever that era's version of Joey Bats bat flips or Steph Curry threes are.

Future old Giants fans will be railing against the NL DH. Bonds had to sort of play the field when he became the home run king!

Edit: Back in my day, our pitchers were pinch hitters too!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I'm disappointed you're a Yankee fan and didn't post this:

avoiding the tag: there's some gif material in there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUt-lJAO8mo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Capt. Sticl posted:

Possibly the greatest modern coach in the NBA hates them: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25407446/gregg-popovich-on-the-3-pointer-i-still-hate-it-ill-never-embrace-it

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I really like the rotisserie baseball comment because who the gently caress plays like that anymore

I was in a roto league for awhile. Then I moved and I don't have enough baseball fan friends where I live no to get a league going :(. Cause honestly, if you aren't drafting in person and half the league drunk then what is the point?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Thom P. Tiers posted:

loving nerds ruining baseball

MLB N/V March: loving nerds ruining baseball

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Bernie Lincicome just shat out some hot take saying how 3s are stupid too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Good Dog posted:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/707995103306981376

I don't know what will come of this but the Angels can't afford to start Weaver every 5 days so he can get shelled for 4 innings. They've got enough pitching depth where he could realistically be the Angels 8th best option as a starter.

:(

This makes me sad. Weaver is probably my second favorite Angel ever after Vlad. I was at his no-hitter a few years back.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Ross Angeles posted:

This makes me sad. Weaver is probably my second favorite Angel ever after Vlad. I was at his no-hitter a few years back.

2 slow 2 hit

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Gregg Poppovich is probably just trying to make a point here. The past two spurs finals teams were pretty much entirely built around getting open 3 point shots.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

shadok posted:

It is a dome, with a retractable roof.

Roof goes open.

Roof goes closed.

Wow, Rogers actually looks a lot better from the air than I thought it would. From ground level it looks like Madison Square Garden Mk2.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:golfclap:

Also I still have lots of fond memories of Chien-Ming Wang :shobon:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Paul Zuvella posted:

Gregg Poppovich is probably just trying to make a point here. The past two spurs finals teams were pretty much entirely built around getting open 3 point shots.

My Live 95 team was the Pacers solely because Reggie Miller was a 3-pt machine. Like I won games by hundreds of points. It makes sense that if one set of shots is worth 50% more points, you'd take more of them.

In other words: never bunt, hit dingers.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Who is/was that pitcher with the weird, possibly illegal, stutter-step off the mound during his delivery? I need to look up gifs of that dude's pitches from that awesome site.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Carter Capps

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Who is dead now rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012