Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

craziest thing: i played aoe1 but never 2

it's ok. I didn't like 2 very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Monkeybirdfriend enjoys bananas, banana bread and ...banana beer?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Currently trying to talk myself out of buying Salt & Sanctuary since I already have 100 games I'm never going to get around to playing

Reminding myself how bad the art is is helping but I dunno if it'll last forever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to beat shadow hearts tomorrow or the day after

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

bbq sauce, pineapple, chicken, onions, bacon

a good pizza

All stuff I enjoy on pizza!

Strange Quark posted:

Bacon sucks anyway.

I think its overrated by itself, yeah, but I like it as a topping or addition to pizza or sandwiches or burgers.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Cross A Fear is the best track from Rondo of Blood

I would say that's the best original song in the game (I think? It may have been originally in Haunted Castle, but the soundtrack seems to be the only good thing about that game), but I'm a sucker for the game's take on Bloody Tears.

And let us not forget, Dance of Illusions also came from Rondo of Blood.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jostiband posted:

it's ok. I didn't like 2 very much

i like cavemen times and hunting elephants more

i never beat the egypt campaign though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmUziqqTab8

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

craziest thing: i played aoe1 but never 2

I've only played 15 min. of 3 cause my friend was really big into the AoE series. I tried my best at making the Dutch win, but I have 0 experience with RTS's.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Canadian bacon is a bad pizza topping though

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

iirc it skips around randomly, so yeah you have much less time than you'd think.

It does skip, but usually only a few days, maybe a week or so. Not 1/3rd of your time limit. That's bad design, no matter how you look at it, since you aren't warned before hand that there is such a big timeskip.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Want to try some crazy poo poo? Try getting ranch instead of pizza sauce, and jalapenos and italian sausage as toppings.

Yeah I have a friend who likes getting BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce. I've never tried ranch though. Dunno if there's a place in Korea that offers something like that.

Though given that the Korean pizza industry will throw loving anything on top of dough and call it a pizza, I can probably find a buncha sauces if I look hard enough.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Allarion posted:

I've only played 15 min. of 3 cause my friend was really big into the AoE series. I tried my best at making the Dutch win, but I have 0 experience with RTS's.

3 is crazy wierd but I like the setting, not a lot of games deal with that time period even though its supremely important and lead to the modern borders of our world

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

Canadian bacon is a bad pizza topping though

Pizza Pizza is a bad pizza chain.

I still ate it cause they did cheapass deals like a Large Cheese for $7.99 or something.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Knorth posted:

Monkeybirdfriend enjoys bananas, banana bread and ...banana beer?

Just Beer. They all start with B. So does Bird.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean chain pizza is hella expensive. Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, etc. etc.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Currently trying to talk myself out of buying Salt & Sanctuary since I already have 100 games I'm never going to get around to playing

Reminding myself how bad the art is is helping but I dunno if it'll last forever

Oh is that out? I need something to fulfill the Souls void in my heart until,3 comes out.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Julias posted:

i saw that. bears are not for drinking

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i need advice

should i watch an episode of symphogear gx tonight, or an episode of utena

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

Just Beer actually starts with J, friend.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Julias posted:

It does skip, but usually only a few days, maybe a week or so. Not 1/3rd of your time limit. That's bad design, no matter how you look at it, since you aren't warned before hand that there is such a big timeskip.

my complaints were that it overall felt short and shallow and the combat became stale, so yeah the skipping didn't help the former

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I still ate it cause they did cheapass deals like a Large Cheese for $7.99 or something.

It's bad but there are worse options. Namely little Ceasars and Papa Johns off the top of my head.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Julias posted:

Monkeys like B things?!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sharkopath posted:

lol seafood catering to the spoiler averse in the helck thread when every other post is OH NO MY SHIPPPPPPP and all i did was post a cool page with the context cut off
I'm glad to see my decision to find a middle ground where everyone's happy and I don't have to slap anybody has borne fruit.

Sharkopath posted:

i posted it again so you can see it
Ah, worms.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

It's bad but there are worse options. Namely little Ceasars and Papa Johns off the top of my head.

I just really hate their dough. The crust in particular.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I've helpfully ranked all the Age Of games by how much I like them, and therefore how objectively good they are:

Age of Mythology
Age of Empires 1
Age of Empires 3
Age of Empires 2.

Maybe switch 1 and 3 around every so often depending on how I'm feeling.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Want to try some crazy poo poo? Try getting ranch instead of pizza sauce, and jalapenos and italian sausage as toppings.

You're right about crazy: Ranch I'd the second grossest dressing, next to Mayonnaise (and derivatives like Miracle Whip.)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm glad to see my decision to find a middle ground where everyone's happy and I don't have to slap anybody has borne fruit.
Ah, worms.

instead of actually discussing it youll just probe me because you lame

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so like Little Caesars here. i also eat cheap bad pizza sometimes

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
In honor of Arashi and White Day

Apparently her White Day line is "E-Even if you ask me to, I won't give it back, you know!?", which is a very cute thing to say for White Day.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Such industrious beebirds

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blhue posted:

i saw that. bears are not for drinking

My autocorrect sucks. It changes chicks to chick's.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

so like Little Caesars here. i also eat cheap bad pizza sometimes

Korea's greatest sin is not offering pizza by the slice.

Also its insane pizza prices.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

a contextless image is nowhere near as heinous as people spelling out what happens in the actual thread, just because idiots report me doesnt make them right

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

3 is crazy wierd but I like the setting, not a lot of games deal with that time period even though its supremely important and lead to the modern borders of our world

It's funny how true this was.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sylphid posted:

I would say that's the best original song in the game (I think? It may have been originally in Haunted Castle, but the soundtrack seems to be the only good thing about that game), but I'm a sucker for the game's take on Bloody Tears.

And let us not forget, Dance of Illusions also came from Rondo of Blood.

I tried to beat Haunted Castle once, no one can call a Castlevania game bad until they've tried that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

age 4 would have been really wierd

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

like would you still need to go hunt wild animals or find sheep in t1?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

Such industrious beebirds

Is that melon on the cucumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Korea's greatest sin is not offering pizza by the slice.

Also its insane pizza prices.

pizza by the slice seems to be more of a lunchtime or mall food court thing, though i imagine that's not the case in a pizza obsessed place like New York

• Locked thread