Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: -1 Cold: 1 Volatile: 2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions:

Heh. It's almost like it used to be. Everyone would sit around, bitch about their problems, and maybe get some advice. That last part was always Elliot's specialty, she has a good eye for that kind of stuff. She'd probably make a great shrink, she's got that sorta air that says ya can trust her y'know? I think... I think it might be good for me to talk to her about all this. About the stuff with Ginny, I mean. Can't exactly tell her I'm some kind of especially poo poo zombie, now can I? Well, really I could but then I'd end up locked away for life in some crazy house. No. No that has to stay with me until.... well I was gonna say 'until I die' but uhhh, yeah. But no, it'll feel good to get some stuff off my chest, even if it's not the stuff I really wanna talk about. And boy do I ever have stuff I wanna talk about.

Like whatever the poo poo that was in class. Now I know that the stereotype is that guys are dense as poo poo about this sorta thing, and I know that I'm not the most perceptive guy around, but I'm pretty sure that bookin' it after a confession like mine ain't a yes. I'd think that's a pretty clear no, and I was kinda ok with that. Well as ok as ya can be when that happens I guess. And then boom! There she is and she's flirting! What the poo poo are ya supposed to make of that? Anybody else an I'd say it was a trick or a con or somethin', but Ginny's the definition of good! Ugh. I need to get back to school, if I'm stuck with just my own thoughts any longer I might really go crazy. Lunch can't get here soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2x Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Nosy

"Yeah, that sounds cool. I'll meet you after school."

I nonchalantly walk back into the room and take my seat. I sit sideways and lean back against the arm of my desk so I'm facing Sophie, Ginny, and Mia, with my back to Thomas. Then, I say in a low enough voice that Mr. Darrel shouldn't hear, "So, did I miss any more fights while I was gone?" I shake my head and continue, "Still, can't believe he flipped is lid like that. Unless..." I look over to Virginia, pretending to have just figured it out as I say, "I think the class rebel has got the hots for you. I guess opposites really do attract, huh?"

Oh, and as for dates? I've gone on a few, yeah. Let's see... the most recent were Penny and Susan. They weren't anything to write home about, though. Just movies and coffee on the weekends.

Oh, and before the two of them was Elliot. She wanted to walk through the park when we were done with the movie, but that was where I got jumped by the vampire. ...I think. It's all hazy, remember? But, anyway, I wasn't going test my luck again, so I pretended I had a family thing come up and bailed. Still feel pretty bad about that, but it was really for her (and my) own good.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

"Great!" I give them both broad smiles, quite pleased with how this had turned out. Two friends in one day, and we were going to hang out and go to a party, and aahhh, today is perfect. Best day. The conversation seems to be winding down, so I'm about to pull out my book again when Cassius(!) shows up again and starts talking to... us, I guess! When he's finished I look between Tony and Sophie with a slightly smug smile. "That's what I thought too Cassius!" Even if they didn't, ha, looks like I was right after all, Cassius knows all about how humans think. And that means I'm getting better at figuring it out too. Yessss.

I lean in a little closer towards Cassius, curious now. "Are you going with anyone Cassius? Sophie, Tony and I are all planning on going together. ...If we can get invites." Realizing I'd a little far and he could probably see down my top -which is some kind of human faux pas- I hastily straighten up and adjust my shirt.

<godfish> turn on Cassius
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+2 = 9

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 Experience: 2/5 Conditions:
Debt: 0+1
Strings this scene: Mia Cassius Tatsu Ginny

Huh, what's Cassius up to? I'm sure he loves being surrounded by cute girls, but I can't shake this little suspicious shiver. Mia's obviously sizing him up for the charm offensive... did I read her wrong? I thought she was the quiet type, but she's really into this whole party thing - guess she was just waiting for an opportunity to come out of her shell, shed her skin, that sort of thing. Yeah. You're getting paranoid, Sophie - guess that's what being a spy will do to you. (Can I get some moody music?)

Ginny looks a little out of it - wonder what's eating her? She disappeared as well - maybe she had something going on with Tatsuya? That doesn't really fit with what I knew before - you'd think people would've heard, and if it was a secret, why publicize it in class? What Cassius is saying lines up with that - sounds like it was a surprise to him, too. So what's going on? I mean, I'm being nosy here, but it is sorta my business if I'm going to get this info from her, so...

"Hey, you ok, Ginny? You look a bit pale." I lower my voice below Mia's, letting her sweet-talk Cassius. "I mean, you're always pale, but, you know... everything alright?" I give a shrug and a smile, and push my phone around on the desk absent-mindedly. Or that's what it should look like, at least, but I made sure to boot up the vital/emotional/psych detector app, and now the phone's pointed at her. Just broad strokes, but it should clue me in to what's going on in her head.

String to Taylor for the use of Uncanny Voices. Ginny tells me a secret desire, fear, or weakness.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I grin at Ginny and say, "See? One person's thoughts are just an opinion, but two is a trend. I mean, are you sure you don't want to hold on tight to Tatsu while you mount his... bike?" I pause right at the end, trying my best to imply I was going to say something else. It may be a bit rough, but it's only teasing. I'm not being rude prick like Kyle.

When Mia asks about my plans, I nod over to the corner and say, "Well, Jason and I were gonna hang out some, then we're gonna head over when it's time for the party." And, man, it's really cute how worried she is about the party. It's like looking at a much more attractive version of me a few months ago. I can't not offer her a bit of a confidence boost.

And, yeah, ok, the glance down her shirt didn't hurt. She really is pretty cute, after all.

I offer, "Oh, well, if you guys haven't got invites, I'll tag along when you ask Penny to make sure you get in." I shake my head and say, "But, honestly, everyone in class is overthinking it. She's gonna say yes unless you're a tool about it."

Promising to help convince Penny to invite Mia.

...And probably Sophie and Tony too, I guess.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 10, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Yeah, Cassius is confirming I was right even more, Tatsu does have a thing for Ginny, whatever that means! I'm not entirely sure how that's supposed to be different from being friends with someone of the opposite sex, but there is apparently a difference now! Wait... Me and Sophie going to the party as friends made sense since we're both girls, just like Cassius and his friend Jason. But if Tony was going with us did that mean he was a friend, was he into us? Well not us, it'd be Sophie, obviously. Hmmm. I think I should be... trying to put them together? At the party, by like, slipping away when they're around each other. Yes. Man, good thing I thought about that!

I smile again at Cassius. "Oh, thanks!" With him there we'd definitely get invites, he was so popular! But, being a tool about it... I wasn't going to go up with Sophie and ask if we could come to the party. But were you supposed to ask in some special way? I'd have to ask Sophie. In the meantime, I give him another smile -it feels so nice smiling at him- and then turn to Sophie to say something, but she's talking to Ginny so I look at Tony instead, still smiling and say in a lower voice, "Isn't that great? We're bound to get in with Cassius helping, he's so popular lately." I think I kept my voice low enough that only Tony will be able to hear.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: School Conditions:

I took my seat gingerly with a nervous glance out of the window. Thankfully those two goons from the logging company seemed to have ran off. I- should I report them? "Oh hi officer two guys were harassing me, What do they look like? Err" yeah that would look really clever Ginny. And it'd make my mom out to be a laughing stock as well. And what would I even accuse them of? staring at me funny? making me scared? making me look like a complete idiot in front of most of the class. I was just trying to bury my head in my hands when an unexpected voice popped up. "you ok there Ginny?" I turned my head. Sophie. Usually she's too busy playing with her phone in class to notice anything so I must be bad if she's noticed. "Umm-I'm fine now just overreacted a little I guess" I said shame-faced. I mean it's not like I mind making a scene when it's for something important but getting embarrassed by a boy isn't that important is it? Besides either way it wasn't something I wanted to talk about to someone whose almost a complete stranger. Especially one who I know has been spying on me. Quick Ginny change the subject "So I didn't know you were interested in environmentalism if you want I could give you some leaflets." I said to her. I always carried a few in my backpack for things like this.

I don't know if she really was interested or not or if she was someone who the logging companies had paid to spy on me. But I might learn either way.

Gato posted:

String to Taylor for the use of Uncanny Voices. Ginny tells me a secret desire, fear, or weakness.

Ginny's secret fear is that she's second best she's the adopted one, the extra, the burden. So she insists on doing things her own way on trying to be different from her sister because she's scared she wouldn't be able to match up with her. If she tried to compete with her or rely on her. She'd lose.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Once he's ready to begin class, Mr. Darrell interrupts all the ongoing conversations by loudly saying, "Okay, time for attendance." He marks down Kyle and Tatsuya as absent, before starting class. The only interruption is when Tatsuya comes in and Mr. Darrell just changes it to him being late. He even ignores the flurry of whispers that breaks out and just talks over them until they stop. Despite the morning's unusual start, this class and the next few ones go by normally.

Eventually, it's lunch time. For several of you, it's the time to meet up with Penny and confirm invitations to her party.

Tatsuya: Do you eat anymore? Regardless, Elliot is where she said she'd be. As you approach, she's eating a school lunch, but puts down the plastic knife and fork when she sees you. "Hey," she says while motioning for you to take a seat. "So...where do you want to start?" What do you do?

Lamia: Before the interruption from Mr. Darrell, Tony seemed to agree with you although he had an odd expression on his face. But maybe it had to do with Sophie? Speaking of which - as you're heading with Sophie to meet Penny, Atem shows up. At least he's just by himself and doesn't have his friends along. "Hey Lamia" he says in that way that you just know means he wants something from you. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" He looks at Sophie. "In private?" What do you do?

Sophie: Have you ever encountered Atem before? What do you think of him? He might have his sunglasses on, but it's clear from the way he's looking at you that he wants you away from Mia. What do you do?

Cassius: Where does Penny usually hang out during lunch? Before you can meet up with Mia and Sophie, Jason comes up to you while you're alone. "For this party, do we just ask your friend to let me in?" You can see he's still not sure about this whole thing. What do you do?

Virginia: What are you doing at this moment? Spider is there to show you the art for the new posters he's working on. How did he get that nickname? Anyway, he seems to be having some trouble focusing on them. Eventually he says "Uh, so what was up with Tatsu and Kyle and stuff during class? Was that just Kyle being an rear end in a top hat like usual or..." He trails off and looks at you. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Well, I'm an an exceptionally good mood after that start to the day, and it lasts for the entire first half of the day, and so I'm not even that annoyed to see Atem coming up to me in the hall, and barely even frown when he calls me Lamia, which he knows I hate. "Mia. Please try and remember that cousin. And alright." I give Sophie a gloomy look, "Sorry, this shouldn't be long. Should I meet you in the lunchroom?" Reluctantly, I start following after Atem.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

'Lunch' for me today is a banana and a couple pears. The stuff they pass off as salad is poo poo, and I forgot to pack my own today. I dunno if I really need to eat anymore, but I do anyway. If I don't I just sorta get that kinda hungry feeling. Not like 'oh man I haven't eaten all day' but more 'I'm kinda hungry and could go for a snack'. I mean I know I can't die, so that probably means I can't starve to death but I don't really wanna find out y'know? Wait no, I can die, I just don't stay dead. Man I wish I'd got a manual to go with this poo poo, figuring it out as I go kinda sucks. Anyway, there's Eliiot waving me to a seat, no backin' out now.

Heliotrope posted:

"So...where do you want to start?"

"Well, to tell ya what ya probably already put together, I've got a thing for Ginny. Kinda had one for a long while, was just too much of a chickenshit to say anything." Now how the poo poo do I say, 'And then I fuckin' died a couple times and figured I had nothin' to lose,' without actually sayin' that?

"And then, not too far back, I finally sacked up enough to tell her how I felt. It went great, and by that I mean she bolted. It hurt, but I thought at least I had told her y'know? Then, when I was talkin' to Cass about the party this mornin', she says that it'd be nice to see us there, especially me! I didn't know what the gently caress,I still don't, and tried to play it cool. That worked out great, as ya saw." I pause for a big sigh. "Then Kyle happened. I was just gonna threaten him. Scare him a little y'know? Then Ginny ran off and well, you know I don't always think things through too well." There we go, she's pretty much filled in on just what the gently caress happened and why. If I'm lucky, fat chance, she'll be able to help somehow.

I drop my head into my hands. "So there it all is. G'head and get the laughin' over with. It's bad tv drama bullshit I know. Bad boy falls for good girl, good girl doesn't want bad boy except then she does. Straight offa the CW, but that's what happened."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 2+1/5 Conditions:
Debt: 1+1

In class:

I give Ginny a sheepish smile when she offers me the leaflet. "Well, you know, I worry about the environment on the big-picture scale, like global warming and stuff, but I'm sorta out of the loop when it comes to what's happening on, like, a local level." Can't go wrong if you stick as close to the truth as possible, right? "So yeah, I'd love to know more, we should talk about it some time." I take the leaflet as Mr Darrell shuts down the conversation. I glance at my phone as I take my books out - seems Ginny's got some self-esteem issues, but it's more unidirectional than I'd have expected... I'm guessing it's her sister that's weighing on her self-confidence, since she's so popular. Well, that could be a button worth pressing.

--

Lunch:

Great, it's Atem. Somebody needs to tell that guy that there's only one situation where you can wear sunglasses inside, and it's when you're wiping out a SWAT team with kung fu and slow motion. Or when you're at a flight school in the Nevada desert, I guess. Anyway, it's not like I know him, but he's pretty well known as a jerk and a creeper so I don't feel bad about pre-judging him. I'd never really registered that he and Mia were family, though. She looks pretty uncomfortable, but it's not like I can jump in and shut down their family business. "Uh, sure, I'll save you a spot." I watch them disappear around a corner.

Buuut... you can't just dangle the word 'private' in front of me and expect me to walk away! I'll deal with bad karma later. Besides, the Leventis-es (sure, let's go with that) are rich and, like, politically active more like politically hopeless so it might be important! I hesitate for a second, then turn on my heel and follow them, keeping my eye out for convenient places to stay out of sight. There's an app on my phone that should send out an EM pulse inducing selective visual neglect in people near me, which should let me get close enough to hear them without them seeing me, but I've had some mixed results using it before...

String to Taylor for use of Elsewise Power, allowing me to use the Sasquatch move Hidden in the Scenery.
Hidden in the Scenery: 2d6+1 8
Somebody sees me: they get a string at the end of the scene if they don't draw attention to me. Experience for Dark.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I start up to roof, as that's where Penny normally sneaks off to eat, when Jason pulls me to the side. He's probably still nervous about the party, but I throw my arm around his shoulder and lean towards all friendly-like as I talk, saying, "Yeah, we'll just go on up there and chat Penny up a bit. Then, I'll mention how the two of us were going to hang out before the party, and say, 'Yeah, it's cool if he comes with me, right?'

I may have been telling everyone how easy it was going to be, but I put a bit of thought into how this was going to go down. It'd be humiliating to Jason if Penny turned him down for some reason.

Still sensing some hesitation, I add, "And, hey, if you give it a shot and don't like it? We can ditch and go back to your place. Deal?"

Turn on Jason
!r 2d6+2
Capfalcon, 6+2 = 8

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: Elliot listens to your explanation and then thinks for a moment before saying, "I'm not Ginny but maybe she's not sure about this thing you've got going between you? And as for the whole 'bad boy' thing - if you don't want to worry about it then...why not just go back? To how things were before you started being this way?" She looks directly at you. "I know the others would like it if you came back." What do you do?

Lamia: Atem walks with you to a nearby empty classroom. He looks around, and then satisfied says "I heard you're getting invites to that girl Penny's party? Can you get me into it as well? I'd ask, but she was being a real bitch after me and my friends were just joking around." Even with his eyes covered, you know he's rolling them. "Besides, it could be like a date night for us." He puts his arm around your shoulder, apparently thinking he's being real smooth. What do you do?

Sophie: So that's something you just saw. And heard. The way Atem said it, it seems like he figures she'll accept. What do you think of that?

Cassius: When you explain your plan, Jason says "Oh. Okay." As you put your arm around him and make the deal, he seems a little surprised. "Yeah! I mean, that sounds good to me." He gives you a small smile.

So now you just need to wait for Mia and Sophie right? They should be heading your way, but right now you don't really see them. Or...wait, you do see one of them. Sophie's near one of the classrooms. It's pretty clear to you that she's listening in on something going on. What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1

Eating a burger silly. No don't look at me like that it's made out of Tofu. And it's quite nice want to try some? Oh well your loss. It's better than meat especially the factory farmed crap you find in most burgers. Add some lettuce and some mustard and you're eating better than you would the real thing. And to think it wouldn't even be on the menu if I hadn't complained. You have to take the small victories. Act locally think globally! That's the motto of the environmentalist movement if ever they had one.

Speaking of acting locally I watched as Spider sat down next to me. I shouldn't really call him that but I can't help it. It's the way he scurries from place to place. It reminds me of a Spider in fact it seems to remind everyone as a spider. Luckily he's fairly laid back about the nickname. And heck as nicknames go he could probably do a lot worse. Still my eyes lit up as he sat down next to me with a file full of drawings. "Those are great" I said enthusiastically. He's got a real knack for the art and with me to suggest the ideas to draw we make a great team. But he's not interested in what I think of the art today, "Look Kyle's just a jerk and a meanie and I shouldn't have let him get to me like that. Nothing happened otherwise." I said. Which was sorta true. I mean my confusing feelings happened but it's not the sort of thing I want to discuss with Spider especially not here where half the school could hear me. "Did Tatsu really hit him?" I asked. A part of me wished I could have seen it. I mean picking on the disabled is kind of wrong but Kyle was a jerk before he broke his legs and he's still a jerk now. If he had I'd well I wouldn't know what to say to him. Thanks maybe? He'd gone to a lot of trouble when he didn't really have to.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"That's just it, before today I didn't know there was a thing! She gave what I thought was a pretty clear no when she ran off. So this mornin' was completely outta the blue." Another sigh. "I don't even know why I'm still on this, since I totally ruined any chance of anything when I decided to punch a cripple. That's not even gettin' into the way her sister was lookin' at me, even before that. She doesn't like me at all. T'be completely honest, I figured I'd be in detention by now, that either her or maybe Kyle woulda told someone."

quote:

"...why not just go back? To how things were before you started being this way?"

Well that's my cue to eat a pear. Gives me time to figure out how to word this. Man today sucks. I'm gonna regret this but I really hope it can't get any worse.
I swallow the last of the pear, and look at at Eliiot. "It's..." More sighing, I'm doin' that a lot today, "It's not that simple Elliot. Stuff's happened, things have changed, and I've gotta deal with it alone. It's not really somthin' I can lay on someone else either y'know? Not if I wanna be able to sleep at night."

Now it's my turn to look her in the eyes. "So please, Elliot, don't do this to me. Call it a favor to a friend, and just let it lie. Please."

(11:02) ShootaBoy: Manipulate Elliot
(11:02) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(11:02) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8-1 = 7

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pleased with his response, I take my arm off of Jason and lean against the wall, waiting for Mia and Sophie. Then, I see Sophie sneaking around and eavesdropping on someone in a classroom. I catch her attention and give her a "I know what you're doing" look, but I don't say anything yet. Instead, I chat with Jason about some games that are coming out. Still... if they don't hurry up, I might go upstairs without them.

But... I really want to see who she's eavesdropping on in that room.

Take a string on Sophie.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: Spider nods. "Yeah, he went like totally loving berserk on Kyle! Cassius had to pull him away before he could do anything more and then he ran off. Who knows what would have happened otherwise?" He seems to really be trying to impress upon you how violent Tatsu was being. It also looks like he's forgotten to watch his mouth - he just swore twice in front of you. What do you do?

Tatsuya: "That doesn't make any se-" She stops. "Okay. I don't know what's going on with you, besides the Ginny thing, but I guess you still need more time to figure it out. But if you're going to feel you have to deal with it alone, why don't you at drop by the group at least once? Doesn't have to be long, but maybe if you see who you're leaving behind you'll reconsider this thing of yours." What do you think of what she just said? What do you do?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 3/5 Conditions:
Debt: 2

All right, no suspicious looks so far, the app must be working... hang on, Cassius is definitely... yup, he's seen me. Crap. He gives me a (sarcastic? probably) smile and a nod, which I'd normally file straight into the 'Go Sophie!' folder but yeah, not great. I'll have to keep an eye out for him - or maybe I should grab him in private later, head things off. I need to work on my phrasing.

Anyway, I need to focus on Mia. Soooo... Atem wants in on the party as well? God, this is becoming a way bigger deal than I wanted, and that guy is definitely a plus-one too far. I've got no idea what his beef is with Penny, but I can hazard a guess based on his reputation. And a 'date night'? Did I hear that right? I thought they were, like, family? I mean, not siblings, obviously, but still... weird.

This is the trouble with eavesdropping, you get drawn into stuff you'll regret touching later. I can hear future me sighing at me, but I'm not just going to tiptoe away. Mia did not look comfortable earlier, and apart from anything else, I can't let her give Atem what he wants, that'd just be awkward for everyone concerned. Not that I think she's a doormat, but, you know... family, right? I take half a second to rehearse my lines, then I push the door open.

"Hey, Mia, sorry about this, but I was meaning to ask, I didn't want to forget..." My voice trails off when I see Atem's arm around her. Okaaaay. At least I won't have to fake being off-balance. "Uhh... everything ok?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0

I frowned not so much at what Tatsu had done but at Spider's language. "Hey don't use the F-word so much it makes you look vulgar and rude and it's wrong to swear."

[21:39] Ferrosol shut down spider
[21:39] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[21:39] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5
[21:39] Ferrosol rip
[can I at least mark Integrity for standing up to him?

I could've sworn I heard him mutter something very uncharitable under his breath but I didn't question him about it. Tatsu actually tried to defend me though? I didn't think he cared that much. It's kind of nice having someone who cares. "Uh really? I-" I blushed "he really had to be pulled off of him?" I mean I can fight my own battles if I need to but it's still nice of him. Nice that he cares what I think I'll have to thank him next time I see him.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Ok yeah, I'll admit that was worded lovely. Lemme try again here, I don't think it, we, can ever go back to just like before." I'm struggling for words here, uhhh...ah! I dig out my wallet and pull out a little card. My death card. Well it's got my time of death on it, anyway. "Look, d'ya remember this day?" I hold up the card. "I died Elliot, and I don't know why I'm still here." Technically true. "That sorta thing changes ya and I gotta work through that. But I gotta do it on my own. It's a... religious thing."

I put my card away before continuin'. "If it means that much to ya, then yeah I'll drop by and say hi to everyone sometime. It's not gonna change what I have to do, but I will." I finish up the last of my lunch while everythin' sinks in. "Look, don't think this means that I don't appreciate what you're tryin' to do for me. It means a lot to me Elliot, even if I can't accept it."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

So, I might have agreed to help get him invites because of how good a mood I was, like, I almost definitely would have. Agreed anyway, I don’t know how I actually would have managed that, its not like I am cool enough to get myself an invite on my own. But, the key point here is, I would have, until he puts his arm around me and brings up us dating again.

I shudder, looking away. His arm just feels… incredibly uncomfortable. And gross. Like a greasy rope is resting across my shoulders or something. Snake would be more accurate, but I like snakes. Ropes, not so much. “Look Cousin if you haven’t got the mes-”

And Sophie arrives. I don’t know what happened to private word, but I’m not about to complain. I push Atem’s off me and step away hurriedly, not bothering to explain his gesture and move towards Sophie. “Yeah, I was just telling Atem he can get his own date, since he’s so popular.”

I hurry towards the door with her, eager to get out of the room, but… Ugh, I’m going to get so much poo poo for this when I get home. I can just hear it, Atem telling them how I refused to help him gain social standing and Aunt and Uncle hissing implications and suggested punishments, and Father would probably have to put his tail down and ground me to save face. Face scrunched up in irritation, I turn back at the door to glare at Atem again. “I’ll try and get you an invite, but that’s all.”

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: Despite his muttering, Spider starts saying "Oh, uh, sorry. But aren't you - " before he gets cut off by a familiar voice.

"If you're trying to stop Tatsu from getting with her, warning her about him isn't going to work." It's Claire Burns.

"Um, I wasn't - " he starts before being cut off again.

"Besides she probably loved it. Just wait until you miss one of your weirdo group meetings and she slaps you around." Not only is she saying this in front of Spider, but you can see it's attracted some other people's attention.

Gain the condition Violent

Spider is confused and not sure what to say to that. What do you do?

You can increase Integrity. For future reference, you get to judge when something counts for that.

Tatsuya: "Thanks. I think. I sure hope you know what you're doing." She takes a bite of her own lunch. "Anything else I can sort of help you with?" What do you do?

Lamia: Atem goes from disappointment in your reaction, to surprise at Sophie bursting in, to frowning when you rebuke him. "Okay" he says, but you can tell he's not going to be happy if you don't get him the invitation. He heads out the classroom. How do you think you'll get Penny to accept having him at her party?

Sophie: As he leaves, Atem gives you a brief glare. He's definitely mad about you coming in partway through their talk or whatever that was. What do you do?

Cassius: Sophie goes in, and then Atem comes out and leaves, followed by Mia and Sophie. Jason stops talking for a second, and then says "Are we waiting for some other people or something?" What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I look sulkily after Atem as he leaves, then after waiting long enough for him to be out of earshot I look at Sophie again. "Sorry, what did you want to ask me?" She'd had some reason for bursting in, hopefully she'd just forget about that stuff with Atem and focus on whatever it is she wanted. I head back out into the hall, hopefully moving away from the location of that will help her forget and help me feel less residual slime in the air.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"You and me both, and no I think that's everything. Really I just felt like I owed it to ya to explain this morning, shoulda figured ya'd find a way to help me even with me doin' all the talkin'. Heh. Never change Elliot. I'll see ya around."

I get up and give her one last little over-the-shoulder wave goodbye as I leave. Now I just gotta figure out how to deal with the aftermath of this morning. Tryin' to talk to Ginny'd just make things worse, rumor mill's already workin' overtime as it is. So how do I apologize to her for startin' it off with my little display and let her know I won't be botherin' her any more? Think Tatsu think! "That's never been your strong suit." If you're not gonna help, shut it. "Try her sister stupid. She hates you, so she'll gladly take a message if it involves you not going after her sister." ... poo poo I think you're onto somethin'. That's it, I'm gonna find her sister and hope she'll at least listen to me. She's one of the cheerleaders isn't she? Yeah, yeah I think so. I'll find her after school then, I don't think I have enough time left now.

I really don't wanna do this, but it's for the best. Dammit, this sucks! I think I might just skip the party entir- the hell is all that noise about? Somethin' goin' on over there? ... Ehh a peek on my way out can't hurt.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 3/5 Conditions:

Ugh, that guy. At least he didn't make a scene, but still. I let Mia lead me out of the classroom and we start heading food-wards. Of course, I did just interrupt a private conversation, so it's only natural she'd want to know my reasons... problem is, I'm not actually that good at lying! I'm trying to get better at it (that sounds bad, I know), but like I said, rule 1 is to 'try and base your lies on the truth' and rule 1.1 is 'don't make stuff up on the spot dumbass' but I didn't exactly have much time -

"Uh, well, it doesn't really matter actually, I just..." Aw, crap. Why not give her the truth, what's the worst that could happen? "I guess I was, like, worried? I mean, you didn't seem comfortable, and Atem -" I shudder involuntarily. (That'd be a neat thing to be able to do on command, though) "Sorry, that probably sounds really weird... just, yeah." I've stopped us in the corridor so she can see my face, which I hope looks convincingly concerned. I bite my lip and do my best puppy-dog eyes. "Sorry. Can we, like, forget this?"

Surely Sophie's earnest expression of concern will earn her Mia's affection!
Turn On Mia: 2d6-1 4
Welp.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile:1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Lunch Room Conditions: Violent

Claire, why can't she keep her big fat nose out of my business. "I like how I get the blame." I frowned at her. "I thought you cared about important things like the environment " I snarled at her. "But you promised you were going to come along and help stand up for something important." I said trying to sound reasonable which was hard given how mad I was at her. "But no you would rather watch Walter White mix up a buncha drugs than stand up for our future our planet. And it gets worse you laughed it off as a joke. Well it's not a joke to me. And it won't be a joke to everyone when all the forests around town are reduced to fields of stumps." I was getting a bit carried away now. "But you don't care about that do you. As long as you're happy the rest of the planet can go rot. You disgust me. You absolutely disgust me. If I'd done what you deserve it would have been more than a slap." I said slamming my now-empty lunch tray on the desk making a number of people jump in the process.

[22:18] Ferrosol shut down Claire
[22:18] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:18] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: You only catch the tail end of Claire's first comment before Ginny goes off on her. What do you think of what she just said? What do you do?

Gain a String on Virginia

Virginia: "Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I have a life so it's okay to threaten me with about how you would have done more then a slap? God drat glad I didn't get any near you again."

No one else is getting involved but from the way they're looking at you and the things they're muttering, you can see they kind of agree with her on that last bit.

Claire uses Violent against you to act at an advantage

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

I give Sophie a blank look for a section, trying to figure out what her reason was, and then… “Oh,” and my face breaks into a small smile. She just wanted to help me avoid having to talk to Atem! I’m a little surprised, because it really hadn’t occurred to me that it’d be noticeable I didn’t want to be talking to him -though even I can see that it should have been looking back - but mainly happy because that was definitely a friend thing to do!

“Thanks Sophie!” I should show her that I appreciate it somehow… think Mia, how would Cassius do it? Well he’d probably say something that communicated it perfectly, but uh… failing perfect communication… She thought it was weird, which… I don’t really know if it is or not, but it was nice! “I don’t think it was weird!”

I smile a moment longer, then let it fade back to a normaler expression. Escape from the meeting with Atem aside though, I still need to find some way of getting him an invite. Or at least like… having clearly made an effort to try. And… I’m a bit stumped on that.

But, just like how everything else is turning out my way to today, I see the solution immediately when I see Cassius talking to his friend down the hall, that’s it! Just need to copy his social graces… I focus on him -not strictly necessary, but it helps a little and as always it feels vaguely pleasant to look at him- and think back to everything I’ve seen him do since I started watching. So many interactions… there has to be a solution there.

<godfish> gaze (+1 forward) how can I emulate cassius to get Atem an invite
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6 = 6
<godfish> haha :(
exp for dark

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Claire posted:

"...warning her about him isn't going to work."
Warnin' about who? Wait, was that about me? No, can't be. Not after this mornin'. Geez, Ginny's really worked up over this.
Hold on are people really believing that Ginny'd actually do more than just a slap? She's like 100 pounds soakin' wet!
I gotta do somethin'. Yeah she'd shouldn'ta smacked her for breakin' a promise, but I shouldn'ta punched Kyle for being a prick. People do stupid things when they're mad, Claire shouldn't be dragging this out in public.
gently caress it, this is really stupid, but maybe it can work as an apology for this mornin's drama. Here I go again, not thinkin'! Sorry about these rumors Ginny. I shoulder my way through the little crowd that's piling up.

(11:01) ShootaBoy: this is a really dumb move but
(11:01) ShootaBoy: Shut Down Claire
(11:01) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(11:01) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 10+1 = 11
Giving Claire the condition Pathetic.

"Ok, so, three things. One, ya broke a promise for netflix, that's not cool. Especially since netflix isn't goin' anywhere. Two, d'ya really believe she'd actually hurt ya bad? Three, how fuckin' pathetic are ya that ya have to wait til' you're in public to get after her? No need to go public over somethin' I'm sure she tried to apologize for."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2x Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1x
Harm:0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Nosy

"Waiting? Oh, yeah. Mia and Sophie wanted to go, and they asked if I could make sure they get an invite too. So, yeah, we're waiting on them."

I raise my voice a little so it carries down the hall, "But if they'd like to join us today, that'd be nice." I mean, come on. I'm doing them a favor. The least they could do is not dick around.

But, as we wait, I smell something a little odd, and I'm pretty sure it's Mia. Normally, I have to be pretty close to someone to be able to smell their blood. It's usually a rich, fruity smell or at least something in the same vein. Sort of like a deep red wine, honestly. But Mia's just... off. It was especially strong when she was with her cousin, so maybe it's both of them? Either way, I try to focus a little more and place just what is wrong with Mia...

<CapPhone> Gaze into the abyss
<CapPhone> !r 2d6-1
<KrysmBot> CapPhone, 8-1 = 7
<CapPhone> Well, what do you know

I'll take one round of confusing visions, please.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ugh why can't people see the obvious here. It's not difficult this is important stuff. I mean this is our future we're talking about. Why can't I make them understand. Then a familiar voice piped up. One I really didn't expect. When did Tatsu appear? Not that I'm ungrateful but now I'm wondering how much of my argument he overheard. It's bad enough making myself look dumb in front of half the school without also making myself look like an idiot in front of him. But he's right I probably should have apologised for losing my temper. I mean i don't particularly want to I never did anything wrong in the first place. But if it settles down peoples nerves and stops this silly argument then it can only be good right?

"Ok look I'm sorry for slapping you. But next time if you're not interested just tell me ok? I won't hold it against you. Just don't make promises you're not going to keep." I apologized grudgingly to Claire. There a public apology should shut her up at least.

[19:31] Ferrosol manipulate pathetic Claire
[19:31] Ferrosol !r 2d6+3
[19:31] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+3 = 10
Apology accepted?

Hopefully now people will start actually listening to me rather than let Claire run her mouth off. As for Tatsu I need to talk to him. Say thanks for standing up for me and well ask him about the party. I mean I do kind of owe him for standing up for me twice. I turned to him and whispered quietly "We need to talk for a few minutes when you're free."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ferrosol posted:

"We need to talk for a few minutes when you're free."
.... Ok I wasn't expecting that. Uhhhhh.... "Just say yes moron! Ya wanted to tell her poo poo anyway! Might as well do it to her face now." "Uh, yeah sure." No going back now. "I uh, kinda need to talk to you too."

Well so much for keepin' the rumors down. She probably just wants to say thanks for just now.... right?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Mia: You think back on everything you've learned from watching Cassius. He's able to get people to do what he wants pretty often, huh? Maybe it's because he's so charming and pleasant to look at. It could also be that he can give people what they want, even if it's just his company. Maybe if you can figure out something that Penny wants, giving her that might convince her to let Atem attend?

Sophie: Your phone got a new message. When you look at it, it's says:

quote:

normally i wouldn't say anything about who you flirt with, but you need to be careful of M and her family

Looks like Taylor is keepin an eye on you currently. Aside from his assumption there, what do you think about what he just told you? Speaking of Mia, she seems to be watching Cassius talk to his friend. What do you do?

Cassius: You can't quite put your finger on what the smell of her blood is like. But it's different, that's for sure. And not in the way that different people might have slightly different smelling blood. This is something you've never encountered before. What do you do?

Tatsuya: Claire looks up in surprise as you walk in, and then in anger as you insult her in front of everyone. "Whatever." She's clearly not interested in continuing the conflict now. You've getting a lot of attention though. What do you do?

Virginia: "Fine," she says to you. Looks like Claire is now willing to let this drop. She turns away from you, although you and Tatsu currently have people watching/listening to the two of you. What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yeah we kind of got a lot of attention with all that, should probably go somewhere else unless we wanna make a show of it.

"We should probably head someplace with less of an audience first." I say after a quick glance around us. "D'ya have a spot in mind?" I hesitate for a second on this next bit.

"And uh, d'ya wanna leave separately? To try an' stop some people from talkin'." And it's out. Worst part is I'm not sure if I want her to say yes or not.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"People are already talking." I said not sure how I felt about that. "Let them." At least if they were talking about this they wouldn't be talking about me and Claire. "Umm there's a bench outside we can sit on and talk that should be private," I led him outside and sat down then thought for a moment about what to say. Why was this so hard anyway I'd stood up at public meetings and talked for ages but talking to one boy seemed way more intimidating than that. "Umm I err just wanted to say thank you that's twice you've stood up for me today when you didn't have to." I babbled. "I hope you didn't get into any trouble for hitting Kyle I'd hate to think I'd got you into trouble for that." I frowned at myself. This wasn't exactly going how I planned. "And then you stood up to Claire when you didn't have to. I'm grateful I really am." I said giving him a quick hug. More in the way of a squeeze than anything.

[16:38] Ferrosol turn on Tatsu
[16:38] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[16:38] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9
string/promise/self

"Umm sorry about that it's just you looked like you could do with a hug." I apologised. "Now umm what did you want to talk about?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

We headed outside together to talk, part of me is going totally nuts over that. There's the thanks that I was expecting and then a hug that I really fuckin' wasn't. Ginny gains a string on Tatsu. Oh man I probably look like a tomato right now. "Focus!" Right right uh.

"Yeah, I uhh should kinda be the one that's uhh apologizing here. I shouldn'ta gone after Kyle like I did. It got everyone talkin' about us and I know ya don't want that, so I wanted to say I'm sorry for that." This next bit is really hard to get out, but I do it anyway. "And uhh I just wanted to to let you know that I won't... that I won't be botherin' ya anymore."

There, it's done. I turn my head away, I can't look her in the eye anymore.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 2/5 Conditions:

I feel myself blushing as Mia thanks me. That went a lot better than I thought it would. "Aw... well, you're welcome, Mia. Come on, let's get some food." Cassius raises his voice as we approach, sounding a little prickly, which is fair enough... I guess, though it's not like I knew he was waiting for us. Might as well be nice to him, though. "Hey, thanks for waiting around, guys." As I get closer, though, he looks like he's spacing out... am I imagining things, or is he looking at Mia? Wow, the fan club's getting bigger by the hour. "You ok, Cassius? You look a bit out of it..."

I look over to Jason, in case he wants to fill me in, but my mind's elsewhere. I could really have done without Taylor's little joke about me flirting with Mia (seriously, how does he keep track of me like that? Doesn't have have anything better to do?) but the warning about the Leventis family is flashing like a neon sign in my head. I'm going over everything I thought I knew about them - weird family, big old house, off-the-wall mayoral campaign... I'll have to do some more in-depth research later, but I'm determined to have as normal a lunch as possible. After all, I probably just blew my cover in front of their main field operative just then...

e: removed a superfluous Hold Steady roll, edited my xp back to 2 to account for singleton rule

Gato fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 21, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Lunch Conditions: Violent

What? I-I don't know what I was expecting him to say but it wasn't that. I mean I suppose I should stay away from him. That'd be the sensible thing to do and it matched what Sam wanted me to do.. But do I want the sensible thing I mean Tatsu is the first guy to show any interest in me of all people and I think he really likes me whatever he says. "What no. I mean yes I mean." What do I mean? "I uhh it wasn't that it was just all so so sudden and everyone was staring and well I kinda panicked." I was definitely blushing now myself. "I mean I'm not used to that sort of thing it wasn't anything you did really it was all my fault." I went on "So uhh you have nothing to apologise for." "I mean if you really want nothing to do with me that's fine but umm if your offer is still open well umm." I squeaked out wecouldgotothepartytogetherifyoulike.in a breathless rush. I really was blushing bright red now.

Oh I've just made myself look like a complete idiot in front of one of the cutest boys around. He's bound to say no right?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

Of course, that makes sense! Thanks again Cassius! I give him a warm smile as we approach, until I notice him staring. Who is he looking at? I try to follow his gaze back to... Sophie? No... me? He's staring at me!? I'm starting to feel a bit warm, like if I'd been laying in a sunbeam for a couple hours, I don't understand why, but its a pleasant feeling. Still, I'm more focused on why he's staring at me, I don't get it! I glance down at myself to see if anything looks odd, did I spill some water on me when I was drinking from the fountain a few minutes ago? No...

<godfish> turn on Cassius with awkward shy smiles
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 8+2 = 10

Adjusting my clothes slightly, I decide to act like I didn't notice, and look back at him and his friend, smiling shyly. "Hey Cassius, thanks for waiting for us." I don't think someone so popular would be waiting around for us for lunch, so he must want to go talk to Penny already. "Are we going to see Penny now then? Oh, should we get Tony, or can we just ask without him being there?" Can't forget Tony, he needs to be invited if I can help him and Sophie get together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Did... did I hear that right? "If you heard her say that she wants to go to the party with ya, then I think ya did." I have to know for sure, I might just be hearin' what I want to.

I turn back to Ginny and she's as red as I must be. Deja vu. I start to say something a few times before my mouth eventually settles on, "A-are ya sure?" Once that gets out the rest comes rushing behind it. "I mean, I-I don't have a great rep, and you probably think I'm some sorta nutjob after what happened with Kyle and and and what about how it'd look for ya to be around a guy like me?" I kinda peter out and it takes a minute before I can muster the will to ask, "Ya really do wanna go with me?"

4:48) ShootaBoy: Turn on Ginny (by turning into a total mess)
(4:48) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(4:48) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8+1 = 9
Self, a promise, or a string.

• Locked thread