Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Rimusutera posted:

MBE, you around at 4:30 EST ish?

Yeah, I'll actually be on from now for basically the rest of the day. rstephan on MTGO, and I'll add you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
Ugh just drop me from this entirely.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Static Equilibrium, I can play today. Not between about 5:00 and 7:00 EST, or after 8:30, but otherwise yeah.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Ignore this I'm an idiot

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 20, 2016

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I can hop on around 7 Eastern if that works for you?

Edit: or later is cool as well.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 20, 2016

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Static Equilibrium posted:

I can hop on around 7 Eastern if that works for you?

Edit: or later is cool as well.

Yeah, sounds good

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I've been trying to schedule with my opponent but we just aren't lining up well. I've also had family in town the past three days. I can fit a game in today if Snacksmaniac can. We have been communicating through PMs so fingers crossed.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Yeah, I'll actually be on from now for basically the rest of the day. rstephan on MTGO, and I'll add you.

Bit late but I'm here now. Let's do this!

... so I can lose again and then just go get drunk and watch Chopping Mall.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
I got there.

2-1

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

ShaneB posted:

I've been trying to schedule with my opponent but we just aren't lining up well. I've also had family in town the past three days. I can fit a game in today if Snacksmaniac can. We have been communicating through PMs so fingers crossed.

I'm pretty sure there's a few people who are going to be late (myself likely included thanks to still being at work almost 3 hours late.)

Rimusutera posted:

watch Chopping Mall.

Why would you do this?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

suicidesteve posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a few people who are going to be late (myself likely included thanks to still being at work almost 3 hours late.)

I'm still logged into MTGO, but I'm doing a World of Tanks tournament. I'll be available between 7:45 and 9:00 eastern, and then after 11.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

suicidesteve posted:

Why would you do this?

There's a group here my city that does showings of "Bad Movies" every month, for free, in a bar. Its been great. Last month was Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and before that we did a double feature of Disco Godfather followed by Black Dynamite. The latter is technically a good movie, being a satire, but its been something of a thing to show good stuff afterwards though its usually shorts or a few episodes of TV shows like China, IL or Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

I'm getting a bit off topic by bringing all this up though, so I digress :v:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rimusutera posted:

"Bad Movies" .... Black Dynamite

WOW! bad opinions ITT. :v:

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

suicidesteve posted:

Sorry! I've had very antisocial work hours at the pub and during the day I keep forgetting to PM and work something out. Us both being UK probably has something to do with it.
(Hate drunk people)

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

suicidesteve posted:

WOW! bad opinions ITT. :v:

Hey! I said it was good. It was also mentioned that as far as Kaiju movies go, that Gamera one is considered alright apparently, or at least good for a Gamera film.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I lose. Chamale 1, Static Equilibrium 2. His deck is basically my deck with filtering.

Next round I will be playing Elves.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I have still not heard from my opponent voyager1 unless I missed it somewhere?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm here and online now. Sorry about being hard to reach, but I've been sick while still working every day and spending time with family. I'll be around the rest of the night, though I can't stay up too late.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Voyager I posted:

I'm here and online now. Sorry about being hard to reach, but I've been sick while still working every day and spending time with family. I'll be around the rest of the night, though I can't stay up too late.

The hotels wifi I'm at is so bad I can't reliably connect to mtgo. I may be able to play tomorrow evening I hope?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I should be available tomorrow evening as well. I'm down to play then if that's acceptable to Steve.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Voyager I posted:

I should be available tomorrow evening as well. I'm down to play then if that's acceptable to Steve.

Yeah. Like I said a few people are running late for various reasons so it's no big deal. Try to get them in by tomorrow though.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I just got home from Indy. I can play tonight sorry. Last minute trip.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah. Like I said a few people are running late for various reasons so it's no big deal. Try to get them in by tomorrow though.

Yo dawg if you're up for a late night throwdown I'm online for a while.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ShaneB 2-1 over Snacksmaniac.

Terrible magic all around. The 3rd game was flaccid as gently caress and made me feel bad to be playing this dumb game.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

ShaneB posted:

[b]Terrible magic all around. The 3rd game was flaccid as gently caress and made me feel bad to be playing this dumb game.

You can't just leave it like that, give us details.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Rimusutera posted:

You can't just leave it like that, give us details.

I'm on Izzet Blitz, he's on Sliver beatdown.

G1: I'm on the draw. I keep a pretty viable hand with Delver, Nivix Cyclops, lands, and spells. My only red source was an Evolving Wilds. T1 Island, Delver. T2 miss the blind flip, draw Island, have no other real plays besides Evolving Wilds to set up T3 Nivix. On the other side, Snacksmaniac is just playing really good Slivers and hitting his land drops. At the end of his T3 F2 through his end step, not cracking my Evolving Wilds, making my Bolt and Cyclops unplayable. GG.

G2: On the play, I get the a dream hand of Temur Battle Rage, Gitprobe, some cantrip, lands, and creatures. T2 Kiln Fiend into enough spells to make him lethal is stopped by a smartly played Vines of Vastwood on my own creature in response to Temur Battle Rage. Still takes 10. Probably forgetting Apostle's Blessing is likely lethal, he attacks with his white creature leaving a green creature back. I preordain into bolt into apostle's blessing and swing through the green creature. GG.

G3: Not wanting to mull to 5, I keep Island, Delver, and 1 mana spells, including removal for nearly any sliver he can play (Flame Slash). I get a blind flip on Delver T2, while he proceeds to never hit a Plains. I don't hit a second land for about 4 turns and don't hit a mountain ever. I am racing him down with my flipped Delver vs his 2/2 green Sliver, and he gets rancor on his single Sliver after a few turns. He attempts to Journey to Nowhere my Delver, but I cast Apostle's Blessing in response, and he has to target his own creature. GG.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Voyager I posted:

I'm on the road until 8 est at least tonight, so would you be available 9 or 10ish?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

L0cke17 posted:

I'm on the road until 8 est at least tonight, so would you be available 9 or 10ish?

Yeah, sounds good.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Yo dawg if you're up for a late night throwdown I'm online for a while.

I'll be on for a while though I'll be watching the baby when my wife gets a shower so if I don't answer it's because I'm a responsible adult and don't try to play MTGO while watching my kid. Unlike certain other people.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Frozen_flame posted:

Sorry! I've had very antisocial work hours at the pub and during the day I keep forgetting to PM and work something out. Us both being UK probably has something to do with it.
(Hate drunk people)

Has DoctorOoze posted/gotten in contact with you since pairings were put up?

I'm also waiting on Necronomicon/Lonely Bridge I think, and Necronomicon appears to be winning as he has posted more than 0 times.

Sounds like the only other match aside from mine is happening tonight so we'll get things up tomorrow. Everyone make sure your match results are correct and if anyone is changing decks let me know. The only person I have as switching decks right now is Chamale to elves.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

I'll be on for a while though I'll be watching the baby when my wife gets a shower so if I don't answer it's because I'm a responsible adult and don't try to play MTGO while watching my kid. Unlike certain other people.

I'm on for the next ~three hours. Whenever you feel like winning instead of being a parent, fight me.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Watching Daredevil with the GF, will check thread again at around 9:40 EST

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Voyager I posted:

Watching Daredevil with the GF, will check thread again at around 9:40 EST

mtgo is ready, i'll leave it open and we can battle as soon as you get on after 940 or so.

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 22, 2016

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Necronomicon posted:

Hey Lonely Bridge, when are you free? I'm your typical 9-5 working stiff, so any time after 6PM EST today or tomorrow is good with me. I've got friends coming into town on Thursday though, so it'll have to wait until Sunday or Monday for me to be free again after that.

Sorry I've been out of town and just now remember to check in on this. I'm online right now if you are around, if not I can play tomorrow too. Unless the round is over by then, I feel like I'm pretty late to the party here.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

1/2 Mulled to bad 6es every game, MTGO didn't take my sideboarding game 2, and I drew 2 of my 8 sideboard cards and 1 of my 8 counters, and 1 of my 7 sources of card advantage in like 34 cards in game 3.

Edit: Playing RUG Tron I suppose so I can get paired against the aggro decks again.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 22, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

1/2 Mulled to bad 6es every game, MTGO didn't take my sideboarding game 2, and I drew 2 of my 8 sideboard cards and 1 of my 8 counters, and 1 of my 7 sources of card advantage in like 34 cards in game 3.

Edit: Playing RUG Tron I suppose so I can get paired against the aggro decks again.

Tron will never let your down.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Tron will never let your down.

Last Thunderdome had 5 aggro decks in 30 decks. I got paired against 4 of them. It can and will let me down.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

suicidesteve posted:

Has DoctorOoze posted/gotten in contact with you since pairings were put up?

Nope. Dropped a PM last night, nothing yet. I'm on now for a bit if he sees this. Added him on Modo as well to make sure.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

L0cke17 1 VoyagerI 2

ggs. That game 3 was miserable, only got 1 counterspell and didn't find a single card that drew cards. I think you had drawn over a dozen more cards than I did over that game. Though if we hadnt made a new game for game 3, you would have timed out nearly 5 minutes before being able to win :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
2 - 1, Voyager over Locke.

Locke took the first game, but my sideboard gave me a lot of love for the next two. Props to Locke for remaking so we could play a proper game three.

EDIT: yeah casting Mulldrifter with countermagic backup three turns in a row while your deck completely refuses to give you gas seems like a good way to pull ahead.

• Locked thread