Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I enjoy open nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Eh I have too much going on at work and don't really have time to make a case or anything. I think in rough order of scum to town:

King Burgundy - spent day 3 jumping votes around, settled on Lumpen and seemed too reluctant to move his vote for how last-minute it was.

Murmur Twin - Could be scum lying about being a survivor. I think the way MMT got allergic to a JakeP vote at the end of yesterday was scummy.

Lumpen - Could be scum who decided busing his buddy was the safest way through the day. That's what I thought at the time although now I think it's not terribly likely. However if KB turns out to be town then Lumpen would look a lot scummier to me.

BHB - was right about JakeP and imgay, but could be scum busing. Still feels very low key to me. I don't like how he found his way off JakeP (even if it was onto another scum) and only made it back to the thread right after deadline.

kordansk - Somewhat sketchy claim, his role could still be a scum role. JakeP vote near the end of the day makes him look town though.

Rarity: Could have bused her scum buddy, however I think it looks good of Rarity that she left her vote on JakeP rather than finding an excuse to shift to Lumpen.

TMM: Could be scum that got a second kill on night 2. Unlikely but possible.

Khris Kruel: Could be a godfather, did fight against JakeP's lynch up until my claim. I think it's unlikely though.

Quidnose: Could be a godfather but I would be very surprised if he was.

My thoughts are similar. I just think Lumpen belongs at the top of the list and I belong on the bottom. :)

BTW, we have to rethink a LOT of our ideas about people's votes if I'm right about Lumpen. Because that will mean we were arguing about 3 different scum candidates.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
As the brigands prepared their attack, the group dashed off into the woods as quickly as they could. The bandits gave chase, pursuing the party and throwing all manner of weaponry in an attempt to slow them down. What looked to be an abandoned fort appeared in the distance, just beyond the trees. Wasting no time, the group made haste to the fort and, with the bandits hot on the trail, slammed the large stone doors of the fort shut. The brigands slammed on the door for a brief time, before things went silent. Doing a quick headcount, the group realized they had not suffered a single casualty! Still, the garrison would not hold forever, and the group would have to think of what their next step was...

No one died Night Four

EVENT: All Players take one more vote to lynch: Note that in order to make this work, I had to add votefinder and hiipfire to the active players list. They are not alive; there are 10 alive, and 7 votes to lynch.
It is now Day Five

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (12): Barehanded Brother, HiipFire, Khris Kruel, King Burgundy, kordansk, Lumpen, Murmur Twin, Quidnose, Rarity, The Ninth Layer, TMMadman, votefinder

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

PLEASE REMEMBER: VOTEFINDER AND HIIPFIRE ARE ADDED TO MAKE THE EXTRA VOTE TO LYNCH POSSIBLE. THERE ARE 10 ALIVE

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
TNL! What you got for us?
##vote King Burgundy

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Reaaaaaalllly interested to see what TNL's result was. :raise:

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
message from the void - We are currently safe in the fort, but we are running out of supplies. It looks like if we stay we run out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kordansk is town. Investigated him because with his claimed role he was unlikely to also be a godfather.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Cool, a dome then.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

um. no offense TNL, but with all the claimed roles we have, you should be dead right now

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

kordansk posted:

message from the void - We are currently safe in the fort, but we are running out of supplies. It looks like if we stay we run out.

oh nvm, sounds like we chose correctly then

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Kordansk is town. Investigated him because with his claimed role he was unlikely to also be a godfather.

Good to know, and a good choice.

NIGHT ACTION SPECULATION AHOY

So TNL, the claimed cop, is alive, and the doctor is dead. Unless there's a backup doctor who has shrewdly not claimed, that raises the question, why? Here's the possibilities I can think of:

1. TNL is a bulletproof cop. That would be dope but a very unbalanced role.
2. Scum overslept and forgot.
3. Some hidden CYOA mechanic denied the kill.
4.The scum godfather is someone who is high on the list of lynch candidates and was hoping to get investigated and cleared.
5. TNL is lying about being a cop, and is scum.
6. Scum withheld the NK so that someone like me would WIFOM it and conclude #5.

To me, the most obvious explanations are #4 or #5, but #4 doesn't explain why they didn't kill someone else. The cop claim came at a convenient time for scum to safely toss Jake under the bus, but then why come into the thread and clear someone whom there was a fair amount of suspicion on already? #6 seems like a very bold strategy. Just about everyone has claimed, and most claimed VT, so there was a very low probability of failing to kill the only remaining important town power role. The rest of the possibilities are inherently inscrutable.

Since none of the above are totally satisfactory answers to what went on for one reason or another, my humble submission is that we ignore it and focus on posting and connections. If scum withheld intentionally or not, speculating about the no-kill is likely to just derail into meaninglessness and probably helps scum today.

I look forward to this post being ignored and then cased later on for "playing under the radar".

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You forgot 7;: an as yet unclaimed ability backed me up.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

BHB that kind of post is the scummy kind of looking helpful. I don't think the town needed all those possibilities spelled out especially when the conclusion is "looks like we don't know why the kill was stopped."

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Scum might have just pois kill now jugg dead.

Scum kill guy might got blocked or jail, or hide if "wisp" real Scum role not fake claim from mod. Hide to make Cop fail?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

No evidence for a poisoner IMO. Every kill in this game has been accounted for, I don't believe the scum can kill and poison on the same night.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

No evidence for a poisoner IMO. Every kill in this game has been accounted for, I don't believe the scum can kill and poison on the same night.

I have a feeling that the choices dictate if we get NKed or not too. Or it makes a difference. Otherwise whats the point of the CYOA unless there are actual consequences.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Just read BHB one more time. Vote jake and imgay both in joke phase. Posts most about imgay but not make strong case or strong push. Looks like bus to me.

KB and BHB are my picks for left over Scum.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Just read BHB one more time. Vote jake and imgay both in joke phase. Posts most about imgay but not make strong case or strong push. Looks like bus to me.

##vote lumpen

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lumpen posted:

This is pretty close to where I am sitting.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

KB's voting record yesterday: all three of the people I've investigated as town, and Lumpen.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm on a phone and am in the middle of two really stressful RL days so apologies if my posts seem short. Two questions -

Was TMM supposed to have a vig last night or was the even nights thing redacted?

Are we at the point yet where Quid can claim what good thing happened to him? If he did and I missed it I apologize

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am so happy, although I wish you had found scum, TNL :3:

I was made Doctor on N2. Protected TNL last night. :sun:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm on a phone and am in the middle of two really stressful RL days so apologies if my posts seem short. Two questions -

Was TMM supposed to have a vig last night or was the even nights thing redacted?

Are we at the point yet where Quid can claim what good thing happened to him? If he did and I missed it I apologize

TMM only ever had the one kill.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am really confused as to why no one claimed making me doctor, though. Not sure what happened there, and I wasn't sure it was going to be an actual thing that worked or if my "role change" was going to be fake, but it looks like unless scum decided to withhold the kill on the night I protected TNL (which makes no sense), then I am a legit doc now and I am not sure what happened.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I am really confused as to why no one claimed making me doctor, though. Not sure what happened there, and I wasn't sure it was going to be an actual thing that worked or if my "role change" was going to be fake, but it looks like unless scum decided to withhold the kill on the night I protected TNL (which makes no sense), then I am a legit doc now and I am not sure what happened.

Not sure what happened meaning I don't know why no one came forward to claim that they were a role changer or empowerer or whatever. Scum actual doctor maker doesn't make a lot of sense.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I am so happy, although I wish you had found scum, TNL :3:

I was made Doctor on N2. Protected TNL last night. :sun:

I would have liked to catch scum too, but based on the flips there is likely a godfather among the last living scum. I wanted to be sure that if I got a "town" result it would be one I could put some faith in.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

An event affected the Adventurers at the start of Day 3, that could have been you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Probably the sapphire that did it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ah yeah. That's not a bad theory.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm right back to thinking Lumpen is scum because everyone else in the game is coming off as really town. I'd vote here but will wait until there's been more chatter.

I accept that there's a good case to be made for me being scum lying about being Survivor but would ask for another day or two of life since momentum seems to be in town's favor at the moment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think it is King Burgundy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think it is King Burgundy.

I think it's definitely one or the other - either scum KB was trying to move the day 3 vote to town lumpen, or town KB was correctly casing scum lumpen.

I fully acknowledge that my read is skewed by the fact that KB and I were in sync d3.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think KB is the best lynch today. If he flips town, then Lumpen is almost certainly scum and the scum team were pretty hosed yesterday. If he flips scum I'd be looking at someone like BHB or Rarity provided this game was still going. I just have trouble imagining a scum team that would sooner lose JakeP than Lumpen yesterday.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Considering how the end of yesterday shook out I trust Lumpen more than I trust KB at this point.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KB gives the impression to me that he's been following the game closely and his opinions (in my eye) all seem like thoughts that come naturally as a result of scumhunting.

Lumpen, not so much.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

KB almost never mentions or interacts with JakeP or imgay. I found one post in which he mentions both of them but in a really offhand kind of way "I don't know what to make about imgay," "JakeP could be evil idk" and it's buried in a giant post responding to a bunch of quotes. The only other time he seems to notice them is when talking about Man Club stuff. During early days he is up for voting pretty much everyone in the game; mentions BK, Asiina, Rarity as people he supports voting. Add Quidnose, Kordansk, KK and Lumpen to that list by day 3. That's a fuckload of people and notice how none of them are the guys who flipped scum. Lumpen comes up as an alternate lynch candidate to JakeP and KB suddenly decides he's scum for sure and refuses to consider moving his vote from Lumpen:

King Burgundy posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

I can't believe how hard it is to lynch someone who literally has gone out of their way (in a very noticeable way to their usual meta) to not provide content.

Let's say Lumpen was town, do you guys really think it would be this hard to seal the deal on him?
No, I don't.

This is really telling and now I don't want to move off of Lumpen.

This post is implying the reason it is so hard to vote out Lumpen is because the scum want to vote out town JakeP instead. A really handy narrative if you're scumbuddies with JakeP and don't want to see him voted out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Considering how the end of yesterday shook out I trust Lumpen more than I trust KB at this point.

This is the most ridiculous opinion I've ever heard, considering Lumpen's play this game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

KB gives the impression to me that he's been following the game closely and his opinions (in my eye) all seem like thoughts that come naturally as a result of scumhunting.

Lumpen, not so much.

This is more or less what King Burgundy said yesterday about JakeP to justify voting Lumpen over him.

Lumpen has been scumhunting and giving reads in his own way. I don't think it's fair to write him off just because he is using a PR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

This is the most ridiculous opinion I've ever heard, considering Lumpen's play this game.

He was vote #6 on flipped scum JakeP, that's more than you can say.

• Locked thread