Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pat is an rear end in a top hat but at the same time, kind of a dick.

And yet he shows up immediately when Ray sees the Magreaux dog and is down to sit session with the dirtiest dudes in town. He is an rear end in a top hat, but he is a good friend!

Not the mayor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, the Magreaux was a serious situation so you know Pat was all up in that.

Never did see Pat's sister though. Or her new husband that ray boned

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Cloks posted:

Pat is a taint.

And the rest of the cast is his Reaper.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pat is such a dick that it's actually hard for me to dislike him. It's just like "Oh, that Pat!".

He's also probably the funniest character to me.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Pat is bad because Pat is the kind of rear end in a top hat you run into every day. He's not a serial killer, he's not some weird rear end haunted factory owner, or a billionaire with a grudge, he's just a massive rear end in a top hat with terible opinions who shares them at the drop of a hat. Everyone knows a Pat.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Pat's brief foray into swing dancing was a master stroke for the character and a real loss for anyone who doesn't read the blogs

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Pat's blogs are the best blogs. And some of the best Achewood material overall, really.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The way his initial enthusiasm for whatever terrible new idea he's come up with so quickly turns into frustration and then misplaced rage is just fantastic.

Hopefully now that he's scored some dude-pussy things are going better for him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Pat is surprisingly nice in the cook book, and his recipes are the most accessible, too.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
There's a cook book

?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Cloks posted:

Pat is a taint.

Speaking of taint, :siren: NEW STRIP :siren:.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Eel hovercraft posted:

I never knew how much I needed the phrase "dreamy bounce-a-dime taint-tone" in my life until now :allears:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
(what?)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Are you confused by someone having a toilet cam? You are probably too old, daddy-o, it's the new thing.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11262008

re: toilet cams, looks like Ray never did figure out where that came from...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Eel hovercraft posted:

The last Achewood. It could be interpreted as a message to us to stop wishing the good old days were still around :(

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I wish to gently caress he'd fix the blurry text.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I would rather rub cream I ordered from the Internet onto my taint than interact in any way with a Mumford Son, honestly.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

"Half a pillowcase" is a pretty good term for a really bad taint.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Loco taint is the one that's sideways.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Ray's toilet cam is too far away to give the viewer an accurate picture of the taint situation.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Ray's toilet cam is too far away to give the viewer an accurate picture of the taint situation.

That's not a toilet cam, that's just a camera picture of someone on the toilet. Lyle even comments on "actual toilet cams" later.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

How does taint cream stack up against dog penis medicine as a sandwich spread?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I am glad that Achewood has such rich and rewarding lore surrounding toilet cams.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eel hovercraft posted:

I am glad that Achewood has such rich and rewarding lore surrounding toilet cams.

Showbiz really is the worst, but the follow-up with Beef getting rid of him (and then the rest of the terrible family appearing in the police blotter) was so great :allears:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The small bear is being unreasonable because he wants to show off.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It is amazing how badly Teodor screwed up that job. And I bet he still cashed that check.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

It is amazing how badly Teodor screwed up that job. And I bet he still cashed that check.

Imagine what the next few weeks of your life would be like if Ray gave you a check and you didn't cash it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

prefect posted:

The small bear is being unreasonable because he wants to show off.

I remember when the comments section was still active one guy went into detail on each of those dishes - basically none of them even worked, they all had clashing ingredients and would have been unappetizing to anyone of any palate.

Teodor fucks up everything he touches.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Imagine what the next few weeks of your life would be like if Ray gave you a check and you didn't cash it.

Just trip after trip to the Alpo Bar.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ray used the original Dewey Beats Truman newspaper to package salsa that he sent next-day down the street. He forgot he wrote that check before he finished signing it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ray doesn't strike me as someone who keeps a close eye on his finances.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That is not a shameful tattoo, although I don't know about putting it on a forearm.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Should have got "Ice Cream Headache ".

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Should have got "Ice Cream Headache ".

That's more of a bicep tattoo.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Talking about how Teodor resents Ray reminded me of the strip where T was mocking Ray over the phone, saying how he doesn't go anywhere unless theres mad sluts up in and "Chocolate love, ya'll"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Talking about how Teodor resents Ray reminded me of the strip where T was mocking Ray over the phone, saying how he doesn't go anywhere unless theres mad sluts up in and "Chocolate love, ya'll"

And the sentence that came directly before it, "Hode on, I got to tip the little Panama boy what vacuums my dropped gerunds out the bottom of the Escalade.".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Speaking of Pat, this is my favorite Pat strip. It's like Gravitas Shortfall said, Pat's a relatable character. I know like three people who would get this heated about compost or whatever their Thing was.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01312010

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In all fairness, Ray is asinine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
As follows "the organic grocery budget is the new Catholic indulgence" is one of the most important statements to be made in the salad days of the 2010s