Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Town Hell Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I just don't get what the big mystery about GBS is. some things are funny, some things are interesting, some things suck poo poo. mods are good. paying customers are pacified. drama is the enemy of fun.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

social vegan posted:

i wish you, hector, wouldn't negotiate w anyone during ur shitpants time so we wouldn't have to see your posts ever

see you all in hell

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There was litearlly one actionable idea created itt, a paranormal supernaturalmegathread. None of you guys made one, so I did

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770398

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I, personally, would like to see more of the toothbrush saga.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Look, you want an actual idea?

How about you incentivize the type of posting you want.

You make a CYOA post, keep up with a schedule, put effort into it, so on and so forth, free forums upgrade of your choice.

Actually make a fun and entertaining thread, toothbrushes, Picks Infotainment threads and the like. Change an avatar, including a mods.

Contribute something, to this dead gay loving forums, and you actually get rewarded.

Or we can all just keep jerking our dicks and farting on each other.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ive seen some poo poo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tendai posted:

Same.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Kumo posted:

Honestly, would you?

I post something, get attacked, respond and receive the same punishment as the guy with 70 bans/probations.

I've been here for a long time, and made a lot of friends off of the forums. I felt invested.

Good luck with the website, and with the pregnancy.

It was a 6 hour probation. You attacked back, and honestly your attacks were much more personal than theirs. I don't really care how many bans or probations another poster has. If you're doing the same thing as them, you are going to receive the same punishment.

If you have a problem with things from now on private message me instead of using this thread as a way to stubbornly make a point. I'm no longer going to take the time to explain or break down why I'm banning or probating someone.

Good luck to you as well, wherever you end up going.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
thats subjective. i find that poo poo to be horribly lame and unfunny (the toothbrush thing, whatever). but what i find funny everyone hates. lets let the people who use their free time moderating an internet forum decide what is funny or just let it ride and only get rid of obvious spam / threatening poo poo and let the rest rise or fall on merit. or whatever who cares, seems like things are fine and everyone is just being bitchy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tendai posted:

god drat it fine

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

It was a 6 hour probation. You attacked back, and honestly your attacks were much more personal than theirs. I don't really care how many bans or probations another poster has. If you're doing the same thing as them, you are going to receive the same punishment.

If you have a problem with things from now on private message me instead of using this thread as a way to stubbornly make a point. I'm no longer going to take the time to explain or break down why I'm banning or probating someone.

Good luck to you as well, wherever you end up going.

good job btw

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PBS Newshour posted:

god drat it fine

noooooo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i was talking to vendagoat btw

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

thats subjective. i find that poo poo to be horribly lame and unfunny (the toothbrush thing, whatever). but what i find funny everyone hates. lets let the people who use their free time moderating an internet forum decide what is funny or just let it ride and only get rid of obvious spam / threatening poo poo and let the rest rise or fall on merit. or whatever who cares, seems like things are fine and everyone is just being bitchy

Oh, ok. So you don't have to read it.

It seems plenty of others do enjoy that sort of thing.

You enjoy a different type of humor, that's fine as well. If you make a thread entitled "Asslick, McBalls" Thread and it goes gold from sheer hilarity, hey, you can get a reward as well.

So yes, humor is very subjective, it needs to stay that way.

The threatening poo poo, doxxing and the like I think we are all in agreement on, that poo poo should go.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Oh, ok. So you don't have to read it.

It seems plenty of others do enjoy that sort of thing.

You enjoy a different type of humor, that's fine as well. If you make a thread entitled "Asslick, McBalls" Thread and it goes gold from sheer hilarity, hey, you can get a reward as well.

So yes, humor is very subjective, it needs to stay that way.

The threatening poo poo, doxxing and the like I think we are all in agreement on, that poo poo should go.

i think we are on the same page. im not sure it really matters though, other than i think you are a good poster and you should do you

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is the gayest conversation ive ever had lol. we did it!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

this is the gayest conversation ive ever had lol. we did it!

:sissies:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You two have two of the avatars I recognize immediately so it's good to see you getting along

It could be gayer tho??

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Tendai posted:

You two have two of the avatars I recognize immediately so it's good to see you getting along

It could be gayer tho??

he just likes vending machins

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think tomorrow im going to resign from posting and do an AMA if there is any interest. my last day was going to be when i went to 0 from -10000, but i managed to go a little over that. i would be happy to share anything that would be useful to future posters. if not whatevs

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
the supernatural/paranormal thread is not going well.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

i noticed. it kind of sucks, actually. but you never know!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

i think that its a cool thread

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

I don't have anything to contribute but I like reading about that stuff so I hope it takes off!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

lets all smoke dmt

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dad gay. so what posted:

i think tomorrow im going to resign from posting and do an AMA if there is any interest. my last day was going to be when i went to 0 from -10000, but i managed to go a little over that. i would be happy to share anything that would be useful to future posters. if not whatevs

figure out who shia lebuff hired to do his it was successful iirc

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

figure out who shia lebuff hired to do his it was successful iirc

i dont know what any of those things are including, but especially "iirc"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
also "successful" :confused:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dad gay. so what posted:

i dont know what any of those things are including, but especially "iirc"

"iirc" is an acronym for "Internet IRC"

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Nation posted:

lets all smoke dmt

im actually the neon sky god lurking in the abyssal oscillating cosmic void and we'd appreciate if youd stay the gently caress where you are

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

LadyAmbien posted:

private message me

I don't have pm's and google did not show an email address when I searched for yours to send you an email.

Look I'm not trying to antagonize you or be difficult. Least of all because you're the pregnant partner of the site founder. I am sorry if I've upset you, that was the furthest thing I wanted.

I like what you've done. I like this place. I met my wife off SA. We have a daughter now too. It's cool and scary and wonderful. I hope everything works out for you three.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Shaquin posted:

im actually the neon sky god lurking in the abyssal oscillating cosmic void and we'd appreciate if youd stay the gently caress where you are

If you haven't put up any "No Trespassing" Signs, you have no legal recourse. :colbert:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Kumo posted:

I don't have pm's and google did not show an email address when I searched for yours to send you an email.

Look I'm not trying to antagonize you or be difficult. Least of all because you're the pregnant partner of the site founder. I am sorry if I've upset you, that was the furthest thing I wanted.

I like what you've done. I like this place. I met my wife off SA. We have a daughter now too. It's cool and scary and wonderful. I hope everything works out for you three.

jesus christ i can only imagine how horrifying this would be to encounter in real life

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
like, what are you even doing. You should be imprisoned, and hopefully, under trump, you will be

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Also some no name poo poo getting probated or banned is the micro, let's think a little more macro guys.
Just need good posts, we are moving that direction. I think, I think we can do this.
I know we can do this.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
am i allowed to lol in this thread because that made me lol

*gently caress the row post

**(s)

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

DGSW is retiring.
The gig is up, bout to 4chan, sorry guys good run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dad gay. so what posted:

lol @ the possibility any of that is a real human being's plans.

dad gay. so what posted:

drama is the enemy of fun.

and thus the works of this playwright Shakespeare fell into obscurity and eventually lost to the years.

• Locked thread