Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

joker game is based on a novel

not a light novel, a novel novel. the writer's won several mystery awards and joker game's already got a live-action film that got some praise, so it's probably a pretty decent novel.

the original jokers game book won the japanese mystery novel award that year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im gonna watch joker game and then constantly and slyly recommend night raid 1931 to everyone else in the thread as pretty much the only other spy show set in pre-war china

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

im gonna watch joker game and then constantly and slyly recommend night raid 1931 to everyone else in the thread as pretty much the only other spy show set in pre-war china

Way better than the guaranteed one person who will read the novel and then post "speculation" for the whole thread

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Oh it's not a mystery, we're safe then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

joker game is based on a novel

not a light novel, a novel novel. the writer's won several mystery awards and joker game's already got a live-action film that got some praise, so it's probably a pretty decent novel.

That's cool. I'm looking forward to it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

*sweating nervously* how did that get in there! Haha *quickly places the Superhero High School shounen on my CR queue* phew

too late, i command you to watch snafu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's on my list

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

season 2 is the excellent part, 1 is just ok

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
My favorite april fool's day thing was that scanlators put out a lovely april fool's chapter of a manga, but now there are like 5 differently named versions of that fake chapter floating around on various reader sites and the real one has never been seen.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Bungo Stray Dogs is the new Nobunagun

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

So it's gonna basically be authors with stands based on their books. :allears:

And yeah, I'll eat crow about studios celebrating April Fools, but I'm still sure there isn't really any significance in Japanese society in real life, at least.

They do nowadays

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean, is there any significance in real life in the us? some companies put out little jokes but it's not like april fool's is a 24 hour orgy of people getting shaked up soda cans handed to them

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Crunchyroll has started filling their Lineup page: http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
So, uh, rumour has it that Yamada Ryousuke (age 23) is going to star in a live-action movie adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist for release next year, with the director of the live-action version of Ping Pong.

I think I want to puke.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Mystery Virgin is a good song and also a good forum name.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

darkgray posted:

So, uh, rumour has it that Yamada Ryousuke (age 23) is going to star in a live-action movie adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist for release next year, with the director of the live-action version of Ping Pong.

I think I want to puke.

I've always heard great things about the live action Ping Pong so heck why not

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Here's a PV for Mayoiga. Still no idea where they're gonna go with it, but could be interesting.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40o7ym_mayoiga-pv2_tv

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Apparently Unhappy got romanized as Anne-Happy instead, and CR picked it up

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yeah. This will be the second time I have to move it around I think.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yeah. This will be the second time I have to move it around I think.

It was Anne-Happy in you original OP when you made the thread, so that's quite funny.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Shiki was an adaptation of a novel. From the lady who did Twelve Kingdoms and Ghost Hunt. She is not fundamentally nihilistic.

Shiki wasn't nihilistic anyway it was historical materialism.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

Shiki wasn't nihilistic anyway it was historical materialism.

Shiki was a failure of liberalism to generate a compromise or consensus between proletariat groups. The Kirishiki aristocracy were not an existential threat to humanity, and could have been prosecuted for crimes, while the vast majority of shiki could have been rehabilitated into society. But instead, conservative anti-outgroup instincts won out, and the situation escalated into a pogrom.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bloodsucking scum with bad haircuts imo

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rodyle posted:

Bloodsucking scum with bad haircuts imo

Those haircuts were amazing, actually.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
those haircuts were and should be distributed across all social and economic classes

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
LOTs of good 'nime in the spring my nigga

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

LOTs of good 'nime in the spring my nigga

Nimeste.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

i mean, is there any significance in real life in the us? some companies put out little jokes but it's not like april fool's is a 24 hour orgy of people getting shaked up soda cans handed to them

I don't know about where other people live, but everywhere I have lived, it's pranks nonstop! Mostly just the jokes that own you sort of kind, less the dickish soda shaking thing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Julias confirmed to live in a sitcom.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Motto posted:

Julias confirmed to live in a sitcom.

That includes many different types of anime! This season is looking better and better....

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Listening to Ikenai BORDERLINE again, so hype for Δ.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phobophilia posted:

Is Night Raid 1931 any good?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is Night Raid 1931 any good?

I liked it alot. Its mostly one-off episodes with little bits tying them all together, of varying consequence and significance for the main plot. Some bits of the main plot are way too convoluted. The action scenes are quite well animated, lots of martial arts fistfights with a few superpowers weaved in. Main girl freaking owns, her character design has two moles just below the eyes and an intense stare, and she can back it up with her own superpowers. The two male leads are a bit more conventional: rowdy guy and straightlaced guy, but there are twists to the characters and they can behave unpredictably.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That was the last episode of JK Meshi, right?

I'm sad to see it go, but it was time. The last two episodes introduced new characters. JK Meshi can't handle five characters. It would've buckled under that kind of strain

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone know anything more about that PA Works show other than "15th anniversary special," whatever that means. MyAnimeList says it's something about kids of researchers from a nearby institute go to school and a samurai shows up. :confused:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ace Attorney looks pretty cheap from that PV, I hope they don't gently caress it up. I also hope for multiple seasons and an Edgeworth anime if they don't gently caress it up.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

As long as they have good music and voice acting for the courtroom scenes I'm happy.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://yamato2202.net/

yamato site is up. it's weird how it has star blazers in the logo

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

http://yamato2202.net/

yamato site is up. it's weird how it has star blazers in the logo

Maybe it already has a western distribution deal? Netflix might've picked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Maybe they just think it makes the logo look cool. Sometimes the answer is that simple.

Or it could be Voyager making the same mistake of directly selling it under that name, as they did with their official 2199 release, which they also left incomplete.

There were various issues with that release and thinking the name "StarBlazers" has any real popularity in this age was one of them.

wielder fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 31, 2016

• Locked thread