Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

See, like my whole idea was to play nice with Jack and get along with him right up until he gives us a choice like this. Because this is without a doubt some bad news and probably his plan from the beginning so let's not take his offer. If we can kind of play it off in a way that doesn't make Jack too mad then we should do that as well. But with us being in his office and him being able to partially control Rhys, i've got a bad feeling about this no matter what we do.

Also, that gunfight was amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, Jack can go gently caress himself. Refuse.

Unless Rhys wants to be murdered by Vault Hunters (probably including Fiona & Sasha).

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Refuse! Haven't you learnt anything about Jack?

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.
While Rhys has already proven he's bloodthirsty enough to rule Hyperion in that gunfight, Jack is not to be trusted. Refuse.

Also that gunfight is probably in my top 3 action set-pieces in this game.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Butt Stallion :sadwave:
The only way to get another one is by Ruling Hyperion.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Look what could go wrong if we end up Ruling Hyperion?

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
I think it's important to note that Fiona (and by extension her hat) are in a bit of a bind downstairs, we could probably save her hat this time if we were to Rule Hyperion. Plus Jack really opened up to us and I feel like it'd be really mean to refuse, can we as a thread really be that mean?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Shinarato posted:

Hyperion isn't worth the trouble. You are just gonna get murdered in the long run like every other Hyperion boss so refuse Jack

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
First of all it's Jack, second of all it's Hyperion. Neither of those names inspire much confidence in longevity, especially since one has been trying to get more and more control of Rhys' body as time goes on and the other has been the source of just about all the group's troubles. Refuse Jack. Might not earn us much love from the guy, but at least Rhys won't wake up to find yet another knife stuck in his back.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Rule Hyperion! This is exactly the sort of decision that might completely come back to bite Rhys in the rear end.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
You've been working your way up to the top this entire time.

Time to Rule Hyperion.

There is no way this will backfire.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

XavierGenisi posted:

This is exactly the sort of decision that might completely come back to bite Rhys in the rear end.

might?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RULE HYPERION

Ain't no rest for the wicked, baby.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
We're gonna rule Hyperion, and we're gonna get Vaughn a cushy job, and we're gonna get Loader Bot some new legs, and we're gonna make Yvette fill out menial paperwork the rest of her life, and we're gonna drop space bombs on Vallory and all her goons, and we're gonna get Fiona the best hat, and we're gonna take Sasha out for dinner, and we're gonna hang out with Gortys all the time, and the whole thing is gonna be the best.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Rule the crap out of Hyperion.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
RULE HYPERION WITH AN IRON FIST.

This is clearly the best way to get out of the Vallory situation.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

we're gonna make Yvette fill out menial paperwork the rest of her life,

Isn't... that already her job?

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
There is no way in hell that anyone is going to let Rhys become the Overlord.

Reject it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shinarato posted:

Isn't... that already her job?

It doesn't seem that way if she could feasibly threaten Vasquez.

Also, there's always more menial paperwork.

Nohbody13
Jun 17, 2014
Jack doesn't open up to people. He's a manipulator first and foremost (at least he is after halfway through the Presequel). Refuse the hell out of his offer.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
That finger gun firefight had me laughing out loud like a hyena the first time I went through it. :allears:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Ruling is best conducted with an iron fist in a velvet glove. Time to see how that shall be conducted.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Refuse Jack, gently caress Hyperion

PROBABLY won't matter because I am pretty sure either way it's a trap.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

We're gonna rule Hyperion, and we're gonna get Vaughn a cushy job, and we're gonna get Loader Bot some new legs, and we're gonna make Yvette fill out menial paperwork the rest of her life, and we're gonna drop space bombs on Vallory and all her goons, and we're gonna get Fiona the best hat, and we're gonna take Sasha out for dinner, and we're gonna hang out with Gortys all the time, and the whole thing is gonna be the best.

This sounds good. Pax Rhys.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I think Rhys sincerely believes he can change things for the better. Rule Hyperion.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Refuse. Trusting Jack? Trusting Jack?

This is the Last Temptation of Rhys. Even if he thinks he could do a good job of it, this is gaining power through a deal with the devil.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
Rhys needs to rule the gently caress out of Hyperion. This is what he was working to in the beginning before Vasquez's slimy rear end slipped into the picture. Simultaneously, he can handle Yvette more elegantly from this new elevated position, rescuing Sasha and Fiona. They won't even need to find the Vault anymore with the fat paychecks coming in from being CEO of Hyperion, and you'll have a private army backing you up to deal with Vallory and merry band of scum. If nothing else, Rhys will still have The Conference Call in arms reach, and Jack is a swell guy to have stuck as an AI in your head, and his offer of his old job can't possibly have negative consequences, as Rhys will be completely untouchable in Jack's old office.

As for Jack? He's dead! He can't possibly do anything now, because if he kills Rhys, he dies (again) too!

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

Dolash posted:

Refuse. Trusting Jack? Trusting Jack?

This is the Last Temptation of Rhys. Even if he thinks he could do a good job of it, this is gaining power through a deal with the devil.

This, 100%. Refuse! Maybe if we had sucked up to Jack the whole game, but I can't imagine that Rhys is foolish enough to sincerely believe the AI ghost he's antagonized on numerous occasions (via refusing to listen) would think Jack's suggestions are great.

Plus, Rhys has kind of been on a "Hyperion kinda sucks" bender ever since getting to Pandora.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't do it

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
The finger-gun fight is hilarious, but also shows how sheltered and cut off from reality the people who work for Hyperion are.

On Helios, the guns are imaginary and no one really gets hurt.

On Pandora, the guns are real and people die.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Quiet Python posted:

Poor Henderson.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Become who you were meant to be. Rule.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 1, 2016

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Quiet Python posted:

The finger-gun fight is hilarious, but also shows how sheltered and cut off from reality the people who work for Hyperion are.

On Pandora, the guns are real and people die.

To be fair, if you fail that event Rhys' voice disguise breaks down, the accountants notice, and they shoot him for real.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Edmond Dantes posted:

This vote should count double because they did a neat fanart. :colbert:

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Jack cannot be trusted. Ever. Refuse the offer.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Rule Hyperion even though I assume it's a trap.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Don't trust Jack, die with integrity probably.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Edmond Dantes posted:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Rule Hyperion! It's what Rhys always wanted. Let's show him why that's a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Stay Silent let the chips fall where they may:colbert:

• Locked thread