Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

a cartoon duck posted:

why aren't you assholes dead yet

"A failure of the administration"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

eleanor was a bad rear end too

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I'm too powerful to die. The mod must have realized this.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Parallax posted:

eleanor was a bad rear end too
the Roosevelt family is cool

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

why aren't you assholes dead yet

i'm a ghost!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jostiband posted:

gonna round up some posters to test it?

I could probably open up a bunch of sessions to try it out

There are a few things I wanna do but I would hate for anyone to be left out due to the cap

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

:rip: erg

At least he's a friendly ghost

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AnoHito posted:

"A failure of the administration"

Alternate answer: DarK-MagiC

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Magic

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

oh he negotiated the peace during the russojapanese war

that makes sense

Great job, he pissed both the japanese and the russians enough to trigger pearl harbor and the russian revolution

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Great job, he pissed both the japanese and the russians enough to trigger pearl harbor and the russian revolution

you say that like its a bad thing

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Theodore Roosevelt, his son, and this cool guy explored a dangerous and unmapped branch of the Amazon River, which is even more impressive when you consider that it was 1913 and technology hadn't been invented yet

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sylphid posted:

Kalyra and Motto, would you two be good to start Locodol in about 4 hours?
Yeah probably.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It is time... for robots.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

littleorv posted:

Round up my rear end

Your rear end is big enough without rounding up.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

Theodore Roosevelt, his son, and this cool guy explored a dangerous and unmapped branch of the Amazon River, which is even more impressive when you consider that it was 1913 and technology hadn't been invented yet

also basically killed teddy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

love teddy

:yeah:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sylphid posted:

To all whom it may concern (so, I guess right now that would be graybook and Space Flower): would it be alright if we did the Locodol second half watch today instead of tomorrow? I had something come up yesterday that may make Sunday quite troublesome for me to do it, and I don't want to postpone it another week. We'd start in...a little less than 9 hours from the time of this post.

Works for me.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

also this

On October 14, 1912, while campaigning in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Roosevelt was shot by a saloonkeeper named John Flammang Schrank. The bullet lodged in his chest after penetrating his steel eyeglass case and passing through a thick (50 pages) single-folded copy of the speech he was carrying in his jacket.[157] Roosevelt, as an experienced hunter and anatomist, correctly concluded that since he was not coughing blood, the bullet had not reached his lung, and he declined suggestions to go to the hospital immediately. Instead, he delivered his scheduled speech with blood seeping into his shirt.[158] He spoke for 90 minutes. His opening comments to the gathered crowd were, "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."[159] Afterwards, probes and an x-ray showed that the bullet had lodged in Roosevelt's chest muscle, but did not penetrate the pleura, and it would be less dangerous to leave it in place. Roosevelt carried the bullet with him for the rest of his life.[160]

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my money's on Scrooge

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Parallax posted:

also this

On October 14, 1912, while campaigning in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Roosevelt was shot by a saloonkeeper named John Flammang Schrank. The bullet lodged in his chest after penetrating his steel eyeglass case and passing through a thick (50 pages) single-folded copy of the speech he was carrying in his jacket.[157] Roosevelt, as an experienced hunter and anatomist, correctly concluded that since he was not coughing blood, the bullet had not reached his lung, and he declined suggestions to go to the hospital immediately. Instead, he delivered his scheduled speech with blood seeping into his shirt.[158] He spoke for 90 minutes. His opening comments to the gathered crowd were, "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."[159] Afterwards, probes and an x-ray showed that the bullet had lodged in Roosevelt's chest muscle, but did not penetrate the pleura, and it would be less dangerous to leave it in place. Roosevelt carried the bullet with him for the rest of his life.[160]

I want to marry Teddy Roosevelt

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

To all whom it may concern (so, I guess right now that would be graybook and Space Flower): would it be alright if we did the Locodol second half watch today instead of tomorrow? I had something come up yesterday that may make Sunday quite troublesome for me to do it, and I don't want to postpone it another week. We'd start in...a little less than 9 hours from the time of this post.

I won't be able to give it my full attention so please start episodes without me

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I tried to read it right to left, and made it all the way to the bottom while mildly confused.

Scrooge gonna win and probably open a museum and make money from fees anyway.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

my money's on Scrooge

You're right. Scrooge beats him, but the temple slides down the mountain it's suited on and lands right in the digsite for the Panama Canal. Fearing that Congress would want to use the treasures to fund the project, and for the other nations that helped with the project demand their share, they decide to cover it up, to dig it up later, 100 years from now, "in the utopia of the future, where there is no greed or war", as Roosevelt puts it. Scrooge still wants his share for helping Roosevelt, and the deal is that he can demand anything he wants. However, he accidentally drinks something that knocks him out cold, and his sisters have to choose for him. They pick, of course, the teddy bear. Donald, who Scrooge had been telling this story to, starts laughing until he cries because his mom screwed over Scrooge so hard... until the nephews remind Scrooge that he owns the first, original, #1 teddy bear of all time. Happy end!

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Kylra posted:

I tried to read it right to left, and made it all the way to the bottom while mildly confused.

Scrooge gonna win and probably open a museum and make money from fees anyway.

This is pre-christmas scrooge. He's kind of a jerk

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Alright, so graybook is the only open case at the moment. We'll just see how things shake out, since I would greatly prefer it if he was in it from start to finish.

Speaking of which, 2 1/2 hours from now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He's a jerk, but he hasn't gone off the deep end yet. That should be a few weeks from that page.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Jostiband posted:

This is pre-christmas scrooge. He's kind of a jerk
Oh.

Sylphid posted:

Alright, so graybook is the only open case at the moment. We'll just see how things shake out, since I would greatly prefer it if he was in it from start to finish.

Speaking of which, 2 1/2 hours from now.
What's the link so I can have it open as a reminder?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Terper posted:

He's a jerk, but he hasn't gone off the deep end yet. That should be a few weeks from that page.

Yeah.

Duck feels :smith:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is an amazing book. Don Rosa best Duck author.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Droyer posted:

The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is an amazing book. Don Rosa best Duck author.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Kylra posted:

Oh.

What's the link so I can have it open as a reminder?

https://io.synchtu.be:8443/r/SAWatching

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

morning everybody

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Hi vostok! :)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its cool how 90% of the duck universe was only a thing in europe

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Droyer posted:

Is there an easy way to collect and read this that you know of? I've been meaning to for a while but I like physical copies and searching on Amazon gives me a bunch of imprecisely-named stuff and what looks to be a bunch of overpriced, out-of-print books.

• Locked thread