Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

sellouts posted:

Rivets are 2 dollars per rivet. Just get the poo poo reattached.

What he said.

Get them to add a few extra copper rivets on the front part of the holder as well, they are a bit more expensive but they hold a hell of a lot better.

Sort of like this skate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Because hockey players run them.

Good point. We'll see how mine does, a few people on my team have decided to start a 5th team. Our director can barely schedule 4 teams properly. In the last 4 games of the season we play the same team 3 times.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Bootcha posted:

So playing in my 4v4 league, I collided with someone and somehow that tore the blade holder off the boot. Looks like I get to drive up to Dallas and shop around for new skates.

Oh yeah, the rivets were rusty and they broke, and were probably the reason I collided with the dude. One of those rare cases I can blame the equipment failing on me as a reason for bad play.

If it's just a chassis separation, that's definitely fixable like others have said. Copper rivets for the win. It's a shame HockeyMonkey hasn't gotten their store open here yet, but there's still a Total Hockey and a Hockey Giant within ~15 minutes of each other.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Both of the surviving rinks around here are actually reasonably well run most of the time. They're both owned by the city though, and one is managed by the Predators, so there's probably more money for hockey directors and higher expectations. There was a privately-owned rink nearby but it just closed. Its management was terrible and could never get their poo poo together, which is probably related to their closure.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Thufir posted:

Both of the surviving rinks around here are actually reasonably well run most of the time. They're both owned by the city though, and one is managed by the Predators, so there's probably more money for hockey directors and higher expectations. There was a privately-owned rink nearby but it just closed. Its management was terrible and could never get their poo poo together, which is probably related to their closure.

If the Stars run rinks here are any indication there isn't any money for back office league personnel there either. We too have been through a new director every 18 months or so. One of them ragequit and went to work for the muni rink in a nearby suburb and that league is apparently very well run but they only have I and D2 divisions.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I'm sure everyone saw this:
https://youtu.be/IKp4gzFIzO4
Guy probably took a run at his girlfriend.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Thats why you wear a cage, idiot

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I look forward to his impending arrest

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I love Duncan Keith but man he does some stupid dirty poo poo sometimes.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
Imagine if he'd had two hands on the stick

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or just rolled over on to his belly like a normal human instead of flailing his arms around like Star Wars kid.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm sorry thats just part of the assumed risk of playing hockey :smugbert:

Kid was practically asking for it.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I tried that in my game last night.

I fell down, slashed someone in the mouth, rolled over onto my stomach and promptly inquired on the whereabouts of my Norris trophy.

But really I didn't do any of those things, we just lost another game per usual.

But hey playoffs are next week even though we are 5 and 17 or some poo poo.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Welcome to the seattle cellar - we're 8-14 and firmly backin' dat azz into the playoffs for what is most likely to be an early exit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just scored 5 for the first time in my life, I'm absolutely off the wall

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Tremendous Taste posted:

You channeled the power of a magical girl. Congrats!

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tremendous Taste posted:

5 goals or 5 hole?

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
At my pace I'll hit five career goals in another two years or so

xryokus
Aug 25, 2006
The world will change.
Had our first game last night. Got flogged and lost 9-2. General lack of positioning, bad passes and poor puck control. I'm a winger but spent every one of my shifts defending. Only positive thing I can say about that is I covered my point man and they never touched the puck.

Team has a lot to work on but we can only get better.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah but... Still...

...had fun, didn't ya?

xryokus
Aug 25, 2006
The world will change.

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah but... Still...

...had fun, didn't ya?

Every time. Without fail. It's not as much fun getting blasted but even being lovely at it.... It's the loving best.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How do Eagle palms age? Used 'em for the first time this morning, and my non-grip stick felt like an icecicle in my hand, I couldn't hang on to it. My backup has a grip texture so I was able to play okay, but I'm wondering if this marks the end of my RS2 or if the palms will get grippier as they wear in.

Other than that they were pretty darn cozy. A bit stiff but that's understandable.

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.
Trip report: That Bauer stick is so much better than all of my Eastons, it's made them obsolete. The right blade angle and length, and I can just feel the puck way better, too. I wasn't lifting pucks too easily, but that's just a matter of getting used to the new curve.
I can't believe I've played with Easton sticks for almost 3 years now, just because they were on sale when I started playing.

In league news, we got crushed again, but I think we all expect it this season. A close, scoreless game through 2 periods, then a couple of bad penalty calls opened the floodgates. Final score was 7-1. We all just keep telling ourselves that the teams will be rebalanced next season. :unsmith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Certain Eastons are still legit (stealth CX is nice, look for specials now that they've been acquired etc) but they've been on a slow decline for a few years imo.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

xzzy posted:

How do Eagle palms age? Used 'em for the first time this morning, and my non-grip stick felt like an icecicle in my hand, I couldn't hang on to it. My backup has a grip texture so I was able to play okay, but I'm wondering if this marks the end of my RS2 or if the palms will get grippier as they wear in.

Other than that they were pretty darn cozy. A bit stiff but that's understandable.

I've had mine for about 5 years now and haven't noticed much wear on the palms. It probably has a little more texture, but nothing notable. Most likely it's probably just a different feel that's throwing you off. However I'll mention that I typically like my lower hand to have little friction for stick handing purposes anyway, so I never had any issues.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
In a surprise to everyone including myself: we won our first playoff game as a six seed (out of 6, hah) last night so :toot: to that.
Also holy poo poo there was a bee in our two refs' bonnets last night I have no idea what was up with that. They called a pretty tight game and pretty much insta-yelled at anyone who made any noise after a penalty was called. I wonder if the other team made some sort of disparaging remarks regarding the parentage of a game official or what cause yeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
Anyway, on to round two against the team we've never beaten who has wrecked up the worst in every game.

Oh and it would appear the guy who made the huge, never ending "hey lets get a bunch of cameras cause refs are bad oh yeah I'm also on the team with the most penalties in the league" has apparently been "suspended indefinitely pending hearing".
I want to hear the story on this one. :munch:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 4, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm finally getting the rest of my pads tonight :toot:

Now i'll be able to actually go retrieve a puck without gaining a million bruises in the process!

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Eh you'll still get bruises. I have a nasty one on my inner thigh where I blocked a shot. A guy I play pick up with swears by DMSO for reducing the swelling.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got smashed in the heel pretty good the other day, no bruise to show for it. Still pretty sore though.

No sympathy from the bench either. They're all "that's why we wear shinguards!" as I'm shaking it out trying to get feeling back. Even explaining it to them didn't get me any credit.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

calandryll posted:

Eh you'll still get bruises. I have a nasty one on my inner thigh where I blocked a shot. A guy I play pick up with swears by DMSO for reducing the swelling.

Oh yeah sure, but i'll have marginally less bruising! I can't imagine it'll be as big of a difference from when i wasn't wearing shinpads to when I started though, my legs went through so much punishment before I grabbed those.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

...Joe?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
:allears: + :golfclap:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's pretty harsh, I had a guy on my team do that last year and the refs started laughing.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Hurt Feelings Report

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The multiple spelling mistakes make it awesome.

I've personally seen like 3 of these ejections/suspensions in the past year or so. Last one was our own guy doing it to our own bench.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

RESPECT THE GAME

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So it's not just the players in your league that are dicks, it's the refs too.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

What An Original And Funny Chirp I Wish I Would Have Thought Of It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sellouts posted:

What An Original And Funny Chirp I Wish I Would Have Thought Of It

2/10.