Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
so they released a patch that fixed a bunch of online bugs but I didn't see anything about it fixing dynamic hitting being broken in RTTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Everybody got 5k stubs and 10 DD packs because of the server issues. Pulled deGrom from one of those packs. Nice little cherry on top after seeing him play this afternoon in person.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 9, 2016

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
They're apparently supposed to be going out in waves, with everyone getting them by tuesday. Don't panic if you ain't got'em yet, basically.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

davecrazy posted:

Everybody got 5k stubs and 10 DD packs because of the server issues. Pulled deGrom from one of those packs. Nice little cherry on top after seeing him play this afternoon in person.
I must have the shittiest luck with these packs.

I got Chris Archer with my Sponsor pack and Hunter Pence with my Opening Day pack. Since then I've opened probably close to 50 packs and the only gold player I've pulled so far is Hisashi Iwakuma.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I don't have any gold cards!

Is what I was going to say, but I just got a Dee Gordon out of the apology packs. Not bad.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I suppose this only includes accounts from prior to a certain date, huh? Because I've just been sitting here not playing my copy.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
You have to have logged in to the game at all before I think Friday at 1pm.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Best I got from the apology packs was Mark Texeira :kratos:

But I did complete the Twins and Mariners sets, and now have Bert Byleven and Edgar Martinez. Some of these sets are cheap as hell to create.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Dunno if they added some "give at least 1 gold player for the users preferred team"-flag with this pack because I got Mookie Betts. Yay.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Casnorf posted:

You have to have logged in to the game at all before I think Friday at 1pm.

Well I'm out then. Fie.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
for anyone that wants to grind out collections, here's your matrix

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Wade muthafucking Davis! Thanks poo poo servers!!

Now I just need Cain to finish the collection.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

and in my free 10 packs I get

another anthony rizzo. I have like three of them now wtf

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lame all I got was Moustakas

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The best hitter in all of my DD games so far has been Joe Mauer by a long shot, followed by Miguel Sano.

My power bats (Joey Bats, Martinez, Kris Bryant, Nelson Cruz) aren't hitting poo poo and just flying out left and right.

I did get a Max Scherzer the other day and luckily i keep drawing him in my games and he owns.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Dubious posted:

for anyone that wants to grind out collections, here's your matrix

This may be a dumb question. But when I finish a collection of a team, can I feed those cards to my player or do I need them for completing the divisions? So I guess the question is do I need ever card from the division or do I need to redeem all the collections in a division?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

alpha_destroy posted:

This may be a dumb question. But when I finish a collection of a team, can I feed those cards to my player or do I need them for completing the divisions? So I guess the question is do I need ever card from the division or do I need to redeem all the collections in a division?

you can definitely feed the cards after, but i'm not sure if you have to keep them to complete the divisional sets. I only have two teams done in different divisions and nowhere near enough stubs to finish either of those divisions up. you may poke around operation sports and find an answer, though!

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

poo poo quality, but...

Perfecto bitches! That guy wasn't exactly swining at balls in the dirt the whole time either. I pounded the strike-zone pretty regularly, he just couldn't solve for me switching speeds.

First ever perfect game for me and I have been playing DD since they invented it.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

So I knew getting into this that there was a lot to do in the game. Like it's basically four different baseball video games all mashed on top of each other. I panic defaulted to Franchise, but how much of a time investment are DD/Conquest/RttS as well? I don't even know where to start beyond "Play a baseball season."

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Conquest is fun as hell, but it's basically impossible to win unless you can consistently play on at least All-Star difficulty.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This is probably a dumb question but I can't find the answer. When I'm batting (in RTTS mode) and I want to use the 'ShowTime' thing to make the ball slow down... why doesn't it work? It just gives me a big no sign over the meter. Is it because the meter doesn't have enough in it? It's about 1/3 full. I'm just wondering if the 'guess pitch' thing negates it or if I am doing something wrong.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Conquest is fun as hell, but it's basically impossible to win unless you can consistently play on at least All-Star difficulty.

It's not that bad. The key is to grab as many open spaces as possible at the start of the game. Don't worry about strongholds yet. Just concentrate all your reinforcements into one space and cut a swath of destruction through your enemies. You get an extra reinforcement per turn for every 3 spaces you control, so as long as you keep picking up spaces, you should be able to get a numerical advantage when you're ready to attack a stronghold.

Once I took out the Rockies and Twins, I had more territory than any other team, so I just kept on slowly expanding until I got close to another stronghold. The majority of the time, I was able to play that game on Veteran.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Ice To Meet You posted:

It's not that bad. The key is to grab as many open spaces as possible at the start of the game. Don't worry about strongholds yet. Just concentrate all your reinforcements into one space and cut a swath of destruction through your enemies. You get an extra reinforcement per turn for every 3 spaces you control, so as long as you keep picking up spaces, you should be able to get a numerical advantage when you're ready to attack a stronghold.

Once I took out the Rockies and Twins, I had more territory than any other team, so I just kept on slowly expanding until I got close to another stronghold. The majority of the time, I was able to play that game on Veteran.

Oh so it's baseball Risk. Neat.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Anyone seen your pitching suddenly increase in difficulty? I'm rocking All Star now even though I was approaching Veteran +, and it seems like the Bad Guys are just punching my balls where the fielders can't touch them.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Ah crap I didn't start playing until Friday at like 4 pm and missed out on some free cards ;_;

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dubious posted:

Best I got from the apology packs was Mark Texeira :kratos:

Um Mark Teixeira owns?

Also my roommate is now on a quest to get 20 strikeouts in a game with his SP. He's failed with Tanaka and Scherzer so far.

EDIT: He's playing online right now and he just had Utley PH for Kershaw, and the other dude immediately threw a fastball at his head. :v:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 12, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

EDIT: He's playing online right now and he just had Utley PH for Kershaw, and the other dude immediately threw a fastball at his head. :v:

haha doing god's work

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I just crushed a 2 out dinger in conquest with Joey Bats and he did the bat flip :smugdog: :black101:

Also, Conquest loving rules.

Started using the fish eye camera for batting and i'm seeing the ball way, way better compared to classic.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I haven't been able to play online DD games since I got this on Tuesday. I get connection failed every time.

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!
I didn't get anything notable in my apology packs... but I pulled a diamond Chris Sale from a different pack. This is the first baseball game I've had since MLB 2k12, so I'm still exploring DD. I'm not planning on putting any real money into the game. Would you guys recommend selling Sale to get a few gold-level players, or should I keep him and use him in my rotation?

That is, if the 'connection failed' thing ever gets fixed.

VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
It's up to you, but I'd sell Sale and round out the rest of your lineup, especially if you like playing Conquest. In Conquest starters are basically less valuable than relievers because the games are only 3 innings.

Anyway, there's a lot of good bargain players available on the market that can really improve your team for that amount of stubs (about 27k or so after tax).

But hey, you should probably at least try Sale out first to see how you like him.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i'd probably sell sale and round out your team. the problem with starting pitchers in conquest is you are not guaranteed to get your ace everytime, and you may get RNG screwed and not see him for many games at a time.

Whereas if you sell him, you can get alot of solid budget players that will always see the field.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I've never had a card as valuable as a diamond SP. The only diamond I have ever had in Wade Davis. Anyway, would it be feasible to flip him multiple times? The tax on selling is 10%, but the way the market works it should pretty easy to clear that. I have done that before with less good cards, most notably Luke Hochevar. I sell him and buy him back at a profit generating about ~40-60 stubs each time. If you did that with multiple cards could you fund a team pretty easily? I might have to try this.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I've been doing a little flipping on the market, about 200 stub profit per card, but that also requires cards moving in the market. Mostly I'm wondering how I'll complete the Astros for Nolan Ryan given that it's probably about 75,000 stubs for the top 4 players.

I've also mostly been playing conquest, but when I can get a match to work pitching against another real person is a lot of fun. And the batting against a real person is conversely harder.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

JohnnyPalace posted:

Would you guys recommend selling Sale to get a few gold-level players, or should I keep him and use him in my rotation?

to be honest I'd keep him, and then just work on saving up the 13K or so stubs it would take to finish the entire white sox set instead. It's mostly because I loved having Sale in my rotation last year though

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Playing 2k innings to unlock Billy loving Wagner (who was poo poo as a Met) is the most boring toilsome poo poo. That Gary Carter better be loving worth it.

Kind of considering building an all switch hitting lineup for the hell of it. I haven't gone through all the reward cards to see which guys were switch.

C Saltalamacchia (reward)/Grandal
1b Teixeira/Smoak
2b Zobrist/Neil Walker
3b Solarte/Headley
ss Reyes/Asdrubal Cabrera
lf Melky Cabrera/Nick Swisher (reward)
cf Fowler/Billy Burns/Billy Hammilton
rf Beltran/Victorino/Nava

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 14, 2016

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Playing 2k innings to unlock Billy loving Wagner (who was poo poo as a Met) is the most boring toilsome poo poo. That Gary Carter better be loving worth it.

Kind of considering building an all switch hitting lineup for the hell of it. I haven't gone through all the reward cards to see which guys were switch.

C Saltalamacchia (reward)/Grandal
1b Teixeira/Smoak
2b Zobrist/Neil Walker
3b Solarte/Headley
ss Reyes/Asdrubal Cabrera
lf Melky Cabrera/Nick Swisher (reward)
cf Fowler/Billy Burns/Billy Hammilton
rf Beltran/Victorino/Nava

I myself was confused about Royals rewards being Mike Aviles and Billy Butler. Don't get me wrong, I love some Country Breakfast, but I am surprised it wasn't Sweeney. I guess maybe the MLBPA makes certain guys much cheaper.

Doesn't explain Wagner though.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Playing 2k innings to unlock Billy loving Wagner (who was poo poo as a Met)

Man, I can't imagine what being a Tigers fan would have done to you.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I've had challenge failed for like 3 days straight. Am I doing something wrong or are the servers still broke as poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Takes me 5-15 challenges to get a game. Shits broke.

• Locked thread