Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gotta get Kyle Busch those records man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

probably because it generates revenue for NASCAR, but that's a wild guess

Yeah.

Just drat. Amazed there's even an audience for it.

Not for stock car racing as a whole because you know..that's fun as hell when done right.

But the XFinity Series in the year of our lord 2016? Pointless to watch.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Kyle recently stated that he races in the lower leagues to learn the track for the cup races.

Xfinity is literally an extended practice session.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this is the post where I point out that drivers always used it as a test session, and also that we have historically low levels of Cup drivers in the lower series

it's like pointing to Chicago and saying violent crime is up worldwide..... yeah Kyle is winning everything but it's better than 10-20 Cup guys in the race like the 80's had

e- this was never an issue when Earnhardt or Stewart was winning every Daytona race (why not let the Patriots play for the NCAA title, right?) or when Mark Martin was doing it, the only reason people are butthurt is it's Kyle doing it

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 9, 2016

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

VikingSkull posted:

this is the post where I point out that drivers always used it as a test session, and also that we have historically low levels of Cup drivers in the lower series

it's like pointing to Chicago and saying violent crime is up worldwide..... yeah Kyle is winning everything but it's better than 10-20 Cup guys in the race like the 80's had

e- this was never an issue when Earnhardt or Stewart was winning every Daytona race (why not let the Patriots play for the NCAA title, right?) or when Mark Martin was doing it, the only reason people are butthurt is it's Kyle doing it

You are not wrong. The difference is that back then people were willing to come out and watch the lower tier support races.

Now that every single on is on TV, the market has become over-saturated. The real difference is a decline in interest in NASCAR and overexposure.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm all for chopping some of the Truck and Xfinity races off TV. Give the time slot to USAC or WoO

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'd be more intrigued if XFS and Trucks were forced to race at different venues during the week, away from Cup.

We used to have this, and it gave you quite a reason to watch. (Milwaukee Mile, Nazareth, Memphis, Nashville, Heartland Park Topeka, etc).

Now? You're right, it's just an extended cup practice session. No one shows up to watch the thing either so the point of having it share a weekend with cup is very much moot.

I KNOW the reason they do it (TV money that goes directly towards SMI/ISC), but it still makes for a very boring and pointless series to watch on TV.

VikingSkull posted:

I'm all for chopping some of the Truck and Xfinity races off TV. Give the time slot to USAC or WoO

I like this post.

Hell show some K and N races instead or highlight packages of touring car series globally.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Clint Bowyer is in a living hell while having a hands-on experience with what it's like to drive for a team with limited resources:

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/bowyer-struggling-for-results-im-pretty-miserable-right-now-685734/

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
This anthem blows rear end. Pass me one of those tacos Mikey.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, if you get the chance, look up tonight's Duck Dynasty Star Studded opening ceremonies.

That was an invocation comparable to MY SMOKIN' HOT WIFE, just not as funny.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Idiot Kicker posted:

This anthem blows rear end. Pass me one of those tacos Mikey.

For those who missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqcmzMTtY0

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Brad is raising a kleptomaniac

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rain Delay Theater: 1998 Trucks from Sears Point, because Texas and Bristol were unembeddable. http://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

gently caress DARREL WALTRIP

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

gently caress DARREL WALTRIP

what happened bro

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

be nice wicka posted:

what happened bro

just my normal rage everytime he says 'lets go racing boys AND DANICA'

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Darrell Waltrip is like Stephen Hawking, except he's gradually turning into Boomhauer instead of suffering from a dehabilitating illness.

E: Motorboating, presented by Sunoco.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, if you get the chance, look up tonight's Duck Dynasty Star Studded opening ceremonies.

That was an invocation comparable to MY SMOKIN' HOT WIFE, just not as funny.

I have yet to figure out why the entire cast of Duck Dynasty hasn't been publicly executed.

Just march them out into the middle of the street and shoot them in the back of the head.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This caution was to reset the commitment cone?

That's a new one from Creative.

Genocide Tendency posted:

I have yet to figure out why the entire cast of Duck Dynasty hasn't been publicly executed.

Just march them out into the middle of the street and shoot them in the back of the head.

Our country is full of people who think they're charming people.

Our country is full of idiots.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Junior has a hot rod tonight

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I will never understand FOX Sports' obsession with Cole Pearn. We just had a Cole Pearn featurette where he talks about the pronunciation "Pairn" as opposed to "Purn". It's almost like they're trolling us.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
CHAOS REIGNS

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

This caution was to reset the commitment cone?

That's a new one from Creative.

Our country is full of people who think they're charming people.

Our country is full of idiots.

Our country is full of people who see nothing wrong with jacking off in a strip club bathroom stall after paying for a lap dance from their sister.

It doesn't change the fact that we could better society by thinning the herd.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I will never understand FOX Sports' obsession with Cole Pearn. We just had a Cole Pearn featurette where he talks about the pronunciation "Pairn" as opposed to "Purn". It's almost like they're trolling us.

DW has a job as a color guy. If you haven't figured out they are trolling us then I don't know what to tell you.

Also, not only is Hamlin a gigantic wanker, he also won't understand how he just wrecked half the field.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Cole Pearn has a really "development driver people laugh about in 10 years" vibe to him.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

oh hey.. Kyle Busch leading. This is new and interesting.

Welp time to find something else to do.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Staying out on old tires was a great move. :downsbravo:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Staying out on old tires was a great move. :downsbravo:

I imagine if they'd pitted they'd have lost a bunch of spots too

I'm so tired of Kyle Busch

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's been three weeks since a driver other than Kyle Busch won a race in the top three series. Not Cup, any series. :stare:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

maybe if people were better drivers they could beat him, the 2015 Champion

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Maybe he'll get bored of it like I did doing the same thing in those old EA NASCAR games.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's been three weeks since a driver other than Kyle Busch won a race in the top three series. Not Cup, any series. :stare:

It's a situation like this that really makes you stop and think "wow, where the gently caress is the merchandise SRA???"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Thought experiment: are Kyle Busch's Xfinity wins more or less impressive than Bourdais winning races in Champ Car

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this isn't really me trying to poo poo on Kyle, who is good, honest

anyway I'm glad Sebastian Bourdais existed because Paul Tracy couldn't even win titles in a grid as awful as Champ Car's, lmao. I wish his 2003 CART title could be retroactively removed, though

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 10, 2016

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Completely forgot there was a race last night

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

It's a situation like this that really makes you stop and think "wow, where the gently caress is the merchandise SRA???"

You know what got old months ago, is this

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Alain Post posted:

this isn't really me trying to poo poo on Kyle, who is good, honest

anyway I'm glad Sebastian Bourdais existed because Paul Tracy couldn't even win titles in a grid as awful as Champ Car's, lmao. I wish his 2003 CART title could be retroactively removed, though

You shut your dirty whore mouth.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Alain Post posted:

Thought experiment: are Kyle Busch's Xfinity wins more or less impressive than Bourdais winning races in Champ Car

As bad as CCWS was at times, at least Bourdais was winning races in the top division of his series.

There is no situation where Kyle's NXS wins, aside from the first few which helped put him on the map, are impressive.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"GET KYLE OUT OF XFINITY"

*Kyle wins every race everywhere*

"GET KYLE OUT OF XFINITY"

kidcoelacanth posted:

You know what got old months ago, is this

yeah, i joke about the merch things now but I stopped caring about it a while ago

it's one thing to root for a team with no merch, it's another thing entirely when you try to care and don't even know why they don't sell any

better to not care IMO

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CBJSprague24 posted:

As bad as CCWS was at times, at least Bourdais was winning races in the top division of his series.

There is no situation where Kyle's NXS wins, aside from the first few which helped put him on the map, are impressive.

well that's really just a semantic difference, "top series" is kind of arbitrary, after all. lots of Kyle's older Nationwide/Busch wins came against a grid that was far stronger than we have today

I guess the difference comes down to if the 2004-2007 Champ Car grid is worse than the current Xfinity grid. One of the great questions of our era imo

• Locked thread