Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

NienNunb posted:

TV Match of the Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Matt Riddle vs Tracy Williams - Mercury Rising 4/2

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

TV Match of the Year

It was great but I don't know if it touches Aztec Warfare II. Definitely an HM though.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Honorable Match of the Year Candidate

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
HM: Guerrero Maya Jr./Rey Cometa/Blue Panther vs Hechicero/Kráneo/Ripper, CMLL 4/1

I wouldn't have thought to nominate this but then I saw there was money thrown at the end and I thought hell, why not.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WMOTYC: Shane-Taker
WMOTYC: Rock-Rowan
WMOTYC: Triple H - Reigns

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
WMOTYC: Apollo Crews v Elias Samson

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Really? I didn't even think it was bad, let alone one of the worst matches of the year.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Well, I started watching Wrestling weekly back in... November? October? It's the worst match I've seen. The two just have no chemistry, IMO, and there were parts where it felt really, really slowed down like they had no concept of each other's timing. It felt more like a match rehearsal than a match.

As it stands, I think it was (much) worse than all four of the matches in the OP right now, but YMMV

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
It was a pretty unremarkable throwaway match but I wouldn't call it a "bad match" like any of the ones on there honestly. I think the matches themselves might have sort of been better (specifically UT/Shane and HHH/Reigns) but combined with the horrific builds/booking and overall context I would say they were way worse all around in that they were actively damaging to the product as a whole.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'd argue it was, because it was the only match on the program. If you're going to have one match on your docket, it's gotta be better than that. It has to be.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
MOTYC: Apollo Crews vs Elias Samson

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
HM: Kzy/CIMA/Gamma vs Masato Yoshino/Akira Tozawa/Big R Shimizu - Dragon Gate "GATE OF PASSION", 4/7/2016

HM: "Jimmy" Masaaki Mochizuki/Jimmy Susumu/Jimmy Kanda/Jimmy K-ness J.K.S. vs Shingo Takagi/Naruki Doi/Naoki Tanizaki/Cyber Kong - Dragon Gate "GATE OF PASSION", 4/7/2016

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Veryslightlymad posted:

WMOTYC: Apollo Crews v Elias Samson

Second.

ThePariah posted:

MOTYC: Apollo Crews vs Elias Samson

Second.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

ThePariah posted:

Match of the Card HM: Apollo Crews vs Elias Samson

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Second.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Veryslightlymad posted:

Well, I started watching Wrestling weekly back in... November? October? It's the worst match I've seen.
Aw, you sweet little summer child.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thirding the MOTYC nom for Crews/Sampson.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
NOTYC: KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW Invasion Attack, 4/10

pretty good

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Bard Maddox posted:

pretty good

Fuckin a, 2nd

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Thought the ending was great and so were six of the things that should have been the ending. HM for Kushida vs Ospreay

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM for Ishii/Goto vs. EVIL/BUSHI - NJPW Invasion Attack, 4/10 Crowd was super hot for a random tag match on the undercard and it was pretty fun as well.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

pretty good

third, best jr match I've seen since KUSHIDA/O'Reilly and perfectly booked
'

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

pretty good

I will N'th this. Really good match that had the right guy win.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

KungFu Grip posted:

HM for Ishii/Goto vs. EVIL/BUSHI - NJPW Invasion Attack, 4/10 Crowd was super hot for a random tag match on the undercard and it was pretty fun as well.

2nd, but for real why the gently caress were they booing Goto so much

also when did EVIL get good

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM - Okada vs. Naito - NJPW Invasion Attack

Was shaping up to be really great up until the flat finish. I was really impressed that Okada could win a pretty hostile crowd back the way he did. Naito's bumping was out of this world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll say HM for KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay, though I think it's got the nominations for MOTYC already. Nothing else on the card really topped that, but it was a good show all around and every match was a pretty good watch.

The title match itself fell a little flat with the new guy reveal I though, but it's opened up a range of possible new matches going forward and I loved Naito's promo/actions afterwards.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Price Check posted:

Was shaping up to be really great up until the flat finish. I was really impressed that Okada could win a pretty hostile crowd back the way he did. Naito's bumping was out of this world.

seconding the honorable mention

Yeah the interference pre Sanada was excessive and few seeemed to recognize him and that took it down a bit, but it was still a really good match that cemented Naito as a true main event star.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
HM - KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay - NJPW Invasion Attack

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Stanfield posted:

HM - KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay - NJPW Invasion Attack

Nthing these.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

pretty good

Nthing this and also nth to Okada vs Naito as an HM.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NienNunb posted:

TV Match of the Year

NienNunb posted:

Honorable Match of the Year Candidate
don't troll me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

pretty good

KungFu Grip posted:

Price Check posted:

Nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

nth this too. I missed this nomination. Was an awesome match.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

pretty good

KungFu Grip posted:

Price Check posted:

nthing all of these

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM - Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens, Raw, 4/11

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM - Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens, Raw, 4/11

yea

+

HM - AJ Styles vs Sami Zayn, Raw, 4/11

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

abraham linksys posted:

yea

+

HM - AJ Styles vs Sami Zayn, Raw, 4/11

Seconding AJ/Zayn

Just a hard-hitting match where both guys came out looking great

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Third vote for AJ/Zayn

if that was on a PPV and was given more time/prestige, it could probably have edged into MOTYC status, but not on RAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
HM Zayn/AJ, Raw 11/04

• Locked thread