Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'm okay with the events that are unfolding currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RBA Starblade posted:

I have become grossly incandescent and also truest dark and something abyss something, thanks creepy sorcerer and crows.

Why do people keep calling him creepy? He's the nicest dude not wearing an onion hat and he just wants to help. :negative:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Whip out your binos and take a look at his face sometime

HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Control Volume posted:

I'm okay with the events that are unfolding currently.

hawt.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Should I send whatshisface to go pillage more weapons?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Do any of the stats increase the invincibility frames of your roll this time?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

Should I send whatshisface to go pillage more weapons?

Sure, he brings back good stuff.

Day Man posted:

Do any of the stats increase the invincibility frames of your roll this time?

Thankfully no.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

drat. I've been struggling to time my dodges on bosses until just now, when I decided to experiment by turning off my sound. Lo and behold, I'm way better at timing when I'm not overreacting to every tiny rumble, growl, and screech! Of course, some bosses have too much going on to ignore what behind me entirely, but it'll be useful for big guy fights of all kinds.

In the meantime, I'm starting a deprived. Let's cut to the chase: what's strong, fun, and not a sword-and-board STR character?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

turtlecrunch posted:

Whip out your binos and take a look at his face sometime

HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE

awfully judgemental of you

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I am going to find whoever designed those giant swamp dragon dudes and murder their entire family.

Jesus gently caress.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

Aw man, it sound so funny though :(

Its loving hilarious, just hard to land

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Why do people keep calling him creepy? He's the nicest dude not wearing an onion hat and he just wants to help. :negative:

He's friendly but also creepy!

The fallen armor set is cool as gently caress.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

GreatGreen posted:

I am going to find whoever designed those giant swamp dragon dudes and murder their entire family.

Jesus gently caress.

I would say they're more giant swamp goat trees myself.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I haven't been looking at anything yet because I want to play this mostly blind, but I do have one question: what should my Dex be at minimum to use a bow to aggro dudes? I want to run a STR build and don't wanna be tossing unnecessary stat points away. Thanks!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Your dex should be at +0 from your starting class then because you don't need dex to fire the bow.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Ughhh I'm the worst. Every single one of my questlines have come to a screeching halt. Nobody is appearing anywhere. Guess it'll be a lonely journey for poor Character #1.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I think the only one I have figured out to completion is Anri and even then there were some things that confused me a little.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

What's with that locked door underneath the second High Wall bonfire? Is it something I should be able to open, or is it something I'll end up coming back to? I'm at Farron's right now.

Also: just me, or does the boss structure seem remarkably sparse? I've fought more unique minibosses than actual bosses at this point.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I really love it when I'm invading and the host has the bug where they're locked in the idle animation so you can't see any of their swings or rolls.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

rear end is best for buff builds due to its unusually high base damage. If you're going higher str/dex, either the Dark Sword or Lothric Knight Sword would be better. Dark Sword is one of the/the strongest straight sword in the game with higher stats, and it having the Stomp skill is pretty novel. LKS is best if you're going low str high dex due to its very good dex scaling. Poking attacks are nice and it has a slightly higher crit modifier than normal which is nice.

That's absolutely wonderful advice, thank you :3:

What's a buff build look like? I don't think I have access to any buffs other than Deep Protection at the moment, but I haven't bothered trying it out since in the previous games buffs lasted only for a few seconds at base stats.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/dilinaga/status/720371584180076544

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao, I beat crystal sage first try.

Except the copies don't despawn, so they killed me anyway. Then it crashed. :haw:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

did anyone else get disconnected from steam

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Thanks for going down while I'm fighting 5 magic throwing skeletons, Steam.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
Yup

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mortimer posted:

I did. yes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mortimer posted:

In that case DS3 may have killed it. :v:

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
Steam can suck my nuts.

Is there some Halberd somewhere in the game that has a moveset similar to Gargoyle's Halberd? The quick, overheard R1 being most important to me.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I did too. I had a great time watching an invader take on the world (giant seed) and then he Steam dies.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Everybody is doing it and so I am also doing it now, I am streaming Dark Souls 3. It has come to this. I have beaten the game and am starting my second character, please feel free to join me while I nerd out about it and explore and have fun!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Giant Isopod posted:

I think it only has a seed available after you've been invaded by a player? At least them's the rules for DS2 they may have changed it up

Aw gently caress, time to wait in the undead settlement in cinder form because I really want the solaire leggings to complete my sunbro setup.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the game loving kicks you out to the main menu if you lose connection to steam? goddammit i was literally a hit away from killing the second form of the abyss walker

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ahahahaha right as I get up to get a drink steam goes down. That's kinda awesome.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
This is truly the dark souls of server connections

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Is there any trick to making Irithyll fun, or at least bearable? My entire DS3 routine has devolved into "Die to one of the first six enemies for an hour, then stop playing out of frusteration".

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

This is truly the dark souls of server connections

Oh good, so it's not just me.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

what is the logic behind that when dark souls 2 didn't???

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ahahah, I was wondering about that. Seems like their server took a poo poo.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Good thing I was just chilling in the shrine for a bit.

And my god, I love this game. The areas are so huge. I"m surprised at some who beat it. What? Do you just run past enemies because some areas are taking me quite a while (I'm not complaining though) to get through. But then again I"m going in a leisurely pace, walking around so I don't get ganked haha.

Goddamn some of this areas feel like they are just like 3 or 4 hub worlds of DS2. Jesus. (as in HUGE)

Spoiler for the area I was running/walking around.

Good god I didn't think that the Catacombs would have another huge area under. I broke the bridge and a message said huh it's a ladder. Lo and Behold, and it's like wait whaaaaaat. And then I fought some fire crabs, fell down a hole and this basically Lost Izalith. All those piles of Demons and whatnot. It's so great. Also got my Black Knight Sword! that was so drat cool.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Looking at the armor on the wiki page, doesn't seem like there's not much difference in terms of protection. The highest physical defense for chest armor is only 17, not much more than the 12 you can find regularly.