Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
This is it, Coolguye. This is your legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Orv posted:

There is no more LP there is only Dark Souls.

An earlier exchange on Steam:

quote:

TheLastRoboKy: I'm glad I'm literally a genius and prerecorded all my stuff before Dark Souls 3 came out
Coolguy: hahahahahahah

I heard the swoosh.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fish Noise posted:

This is it, Coolguye. This is your legacy.

this pleases me

Low chaos update

The Flooded District: Youtube Polsy

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I think, I think I heard a TORGUE! when you threw a cooked grenade at one of the piles of krusts.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Dishonored is the only game that has ever genuinely made me feel bad about being a murderous rear end in a top hat, while at the same time making being a murderous rear end in a top hat so much fun! :unsmigghh:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The DLC/pre-order bonus statues in Corvo's room also give you extra bone charm slots on top of money. Enough to equip all the bonus charms you get.

Orv
May 4, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

I think, I think I heard a TORGUE! when you threw a cooked grenade at one of the piles of krusts.

Oh so I'm not crazy.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

That loving pun after the Corpse with the sign. :argh:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Here's the short version of the Edmund Fitzgerald for RoboKy: It was a cargo ship that sunk during a giant storm in 1975 in Lake Superior, and it got popularized as a folk song by Gordon Lightfoot.

And the long version, in case you want it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Edmund_Fitzgerald

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you reach Daud all sneakingly and avoid being spotted the assassin who runs in to warn him about Corvo mentions how no one saw anything and Daud comments that Corvo is better at their job than the sentries are. Very nice touch.

Also I only saw 2 back parries. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 16, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love how they took the Drunken Sailor shanty and just made it super dark and creepy for this game. Fits the atmosphere super well.

For reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Sailor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

Traditional Verses posted:

Put/chuck him in the long boat till he's sober.
Put him in the long-boat and make him bail her.
Put/lock him in the guard room 'til he gets sober.
Put him in the scuppers with a hose-pipe on him.
Pull out the plug and wet him all over.
Tie him to the taffrail when she's yardarm under
Heave him by the leg in a runnin' bowline.
Scrape the hair off his chest with a hoop-iron razor.
Give 'im a dose of salt and water.
Stick on his back a mustard plaster.
Keep him there and make 'im bail 'er.
Give 'im a taste of the bosun's rope-end.
Soak him in oil till he sprouts a flipper.

And the version from Dishonored
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urV8MIcLDFk

quote:

Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner
Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver
Stuff him in a sack and throw him over
Shoot to the heart with loaded pistol

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I plan to replay this game and get the Pacifist run I never got the first time. Then go back and be a Murder Ghost.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So about that slackjob henchman: if you kill him he still manages to shoot [something] when you make your way to granny rags. That is to say a shot is heard when you get to the stairs. I don't think the devs considered the player just murdering him on sight.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Regarding the blade, it's in multiple telescoping sections, like three of them I think, no one of which is longer than the hilt. You can see the seams very clearly on the un-upgraded version.

Having a hollow blade like that might be a different violation, but I suppose it's like you said.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ArcMage posted:

Regarding the blade, it's in multiple telescoping sections, like three of them I think, no one of which is longer than the hilt. You can see the seams very clearly on the un-upgraded version.

Having a hollow blade like that might be a different violation, but I suppose it's like you said.
The biggest problem might be to prevent the blade from sliding back in when stabbing. I'm no expert but since no one is wearing any meaningful armor it shouldn't be too much of a problem if it was hollow as they're not likely to hit metal (except when parrying). But the joints for the sliding would definitely be weak points for no real advantage and they would probably jam all the time. All the blood and impacts shaking the thing would wear it out fairly quickly. The blade would also rattle which isn't a good thing in any way. It's a good weapon but you could injure and kill people with it I think. :shrug:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It's powered by whale oil.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

What happens if you just steal Daud's key, steal Daud's pouch, and peace out? Obviously it's possible to ghost this, and I'd love to hear some future bitching and moaning from him when you not only manage to escape, but escape without anybody, not even Daud, noticing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

thecluckmeme posted:

What happens if you just steal Daud's key, steal Daud's pouch, and peace out? Obviously it's possible to ghost this, and I'd love to hear some future bitching and moaning from him when you not only manage to escape, but escape without anybody, not even Daud, noticing.
I blinked up and choked him on my first playthrough and nothing special happened. The game treats it like you dueled and spared him, I think. But I wasn't ghosting so who knows?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

thecluckmeme posted:

That's actually a secondary objective.

He still disappears for the rest of the game, though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
In an otherwise atrocity of a show this sword was real neat.

But yeah, bitching about the sword is just fun, it doesn't really matter, even if it causes me actual physical pain. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What is that junk blade made of? Even ice isn't that brittle. :stare:

Orv
May 4, 2011
The guy breaking it is a super bad superwizard. It's kind of the point of that scene.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Thinking about it, actually kinda reminds me of something from Marathon:

Durandal posted:

Many years of loving craftsmanship went into the design and construction of this brutal tool of mayhem, I hope you can appreciate that. I won’t waste my time trying to explain the loading mechanism to you -- your primitive mind could never grasp its complex nature

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

thecluckmeme posted:

He gets the message and gets the gently caress out of Dodge. You get the "Sending a Message" achievement.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That safe underwater in the back garden was the bane of my existence for a good half hour on my last playthrough, because I tend to panic in underwater segments, so I would stick my face underwater, dial in the first number of the combo, panic, surface, and repeat. Then I'd get spotted by an assassin, reload because it hosed up my ghost run, and find myself back at the entrance to that section, because I forgot to save. This happened three times.

Also a pain were all the krusts, because of course I wasn't upgrading my pistol or buying explosive bullets or any of the capacity upgrades. I'm not shooting anyone, why would I need those? :downs: So I'm carefully plinking at them with my crossbow and whatever grenades the game gives me. Then I move forward to loot that one group, and the one situated behind the pipe for exactly that purpose gets me.

I enjoyed the little bits of added sound.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Have I missed something or did we not get to see the low chaos pub intermissions at all or are the changes so insubstantial that you decided to not show them?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

We haven't seen them but they are a bit different. Everyone is acting less paranoid aggressive.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There's also The Picture but I don't remember if it's before or after the flooded district.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The market's flooded.
:allears:

It took me a few seconds and then I smiled so widely as I got it with the other two. Never stop.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

:allears:

It took me a few seconds and then I smiled so widely as I got it with the other two. Never stop.

I think I'm 100% genetically wired to aim for the most cringeworthy joke/pun humanly imaginable. People groaning or wincing pumps ridiculous amounts of serotonin into my skull.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Orv's immediate response to that was so perfectly timed after that doozy of a pun that i had to pause the video until i stopped laughing

10/10

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

thecluckmeme posted:

Orv's immediate response to that was so perfectly timed after that doozy of a pun that i had to pause the video until i stopped laughing

10/10

It's a labor of love :nsa:

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Getting ghost and clean hands on this mission was a pain in the arse and have no idea why my successful run worked and some of the unsuccessful ones didn't.

I had no idea about the building full of survivors or that a building gave you a good place to blink onto the train. I ended up doing it from a lamppost.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You sounded kind of tired there at the start of the video, RoboKy.

I've beaten this game and I don't remember a drat thing about the Granny Rags/Slackjaw segment.

Speaking of which, iffy subtitles always really take me out of a game. I know it's really petty but it always stands out to me like a sore thumb. Who is "SlackJaw"?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How could you not remember it, I really liked that final showdown, especially the whole cameo/furnace thing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

That's what I'm wondering. I mean I haven't played in aaages. I might have just shanked Slackjaw and moved on.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

InfinityComplex posted:

OK I told coolguye because nobody expounded on this :v:

I do Coolguye's audio and I slipped in that TORGUE, an "EXPLOSIONS!?" when Orv dropped the Whale tank for a chain reaction, and there is a third thing I put at 24:30 when he falls.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the case of the phantom torgue

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Coolguye posted:

the case of the phantom torgue

This was my favorite Hardy Boy's book growing up, although it was weird that they replaced Frank, Joe, and Fenton with scooter, TK, and claptrap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

You sounded kind of tired there at the start of the video, RoboKy.

Sometimes I wake up and literally twenty minutes later we start recording. I get some coffee in me and the hype kicks off.

• Locked thread