Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice posted:

I wanna say that it turned out one of the honorifics the English voices used was different from the Japanese voices? (In general, not just that game) That makes it even weirder

Haven't heard about that, though it wouldn't surprise me if they were using something relatively obscure, like they could bank on players knowing what -chan and senpai meant but not aneki or something.

Knorth posted:

Yeah, the old one. I've gotten the vibe that Crystal started off pretty bad, even if I can't remember the details

Turns out that a straight adaptation of the manga is bad when you remove all the 'filler' (characterisation) the old anime series added in. Also it looked pretty bleh.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Srice posted:

I wanna say that it turned out one of the honorifics the English voices used was different from the Japanese voices? (In general, not just that game) That makes it even weirder

In Persona 3, Junpei refers to Yukari as Yukarichi in Japanese and Yukatan in English.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

That's fantastic :3:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sleep was a mistake

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I had to turn off the voices in P4 DAN, I can't take English speakers using honourifics

:same:

Srice posted:

IIRC one of the characters was addressed with -tan and they changed that? Been ages though so I might be getting that wrong.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Terper posted:

In Persona 3, Junpei refers to Yukari as Yukarichi in Japanese and Yukatan in English.

Ah that must be what I was thinking of

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yukatan Peninsula

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cchi is an awesome honorific/nickname thing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

cchi is an awesome honorific/nickname thing

https://youtu.be/YOPk5lBKgtc

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

the freakin scene with the clips flying everywhere... even though I probably like S3/4 going towards Ume-sensei style more, S2's wild and bouncy style is amazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PSN sales are dangerous, Disgaea 5, Witch and the Hundred Knight, Esha & Logy plus, Kholat for £68.
Still debating grabbing Arslan Warriors for £25 too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Congrats.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't buy the crappy warriors game, Sakura

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Woah

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my av is the same

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

my av is the same

I'm hoping the Lum buyer respects your current good av

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

I'm hoping the Lum buyer respects your current good av

nothing is sure in life, so i have prepared to get a lum dog

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it's hosed up that A Demotion Isn't That Bad turned out to just be a promotion for a book and will never adapt the whole story

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno if I'm feelin' fully dressed Lum :/

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

shaft peaked with hidamari

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

tfw you'll never see them have a baby

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

PSN sales are dangerous, Disgaea 5, Witch and the Hundred Knight, Esha & Logy plus, Kholat for £68.
Still debating grabbing Arslan Warriors for £25 too.

cute

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:blush:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Congratulations on buying yourself a Lum avatar to make people think you aren't the Lum buyer, Sakurazuka.

It's a good av, though!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Srice, I found a solution to the SF5 sadbrainsposters: the ignore function.

It was a pretty obvious solution, in retrospect.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i always like manga that focus on the normal people instead of the heroes (and it doesn't even take place in a game nor does anyone get reincarnated, wow!)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't recognise my posts anymore, again

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie posted:

i always like manga that focus on the normal people instead of the heroes (and it doesn't even take place in a game nor does anyone get reincarnated, wow!)

This looks good. What's the name?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jesus poo poo even more Lums.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Srice, I found a solution to the SF5 sadbrainsposters: the ignore function.

It was a pretty obvious solution, in retrospect.

I figure I should just remove the thread from my bookmarks and check out the goon SFV discord at some point. It's easy enough to find news about the game elsewhere and I bet most of the people in the discord actually play the drat game :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Srice posted:

I figure I should just remove the thread from my bookmarks and check out the goon SFV discord at some point. It's easy enough to find news about the game elsewhere and I bet most of the people in the discord actually play the drat game :v:

The goon Discord is also pretty active, and really friendly. I definitely recommend joining it especially since you're US, so you'll have an easy time finding people to play with.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Jesus poo poo even more Lums.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

The goon Discord is also pretty active, and really friendly. I definitely recommend joining it especially since you're US, so you'll have an easy time finding people to play with.

Cool. Definitely gonna try to hit it up when I have the spare time to.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wish, warm out today, is it finally summer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Julias posted:

This looks good. What's the name?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/romsen-saga-r18143

• Locked thread