Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Just chiming in now to let any Mesmers know that Scepter/Sword in PvP is hilarious and pubs in the unranked queue really can't deal with two counterstrikes + making GBS threads out and shattering millions of illusions.

You don't even need the Dodge > Illusion trait, because you'll run out of shatters before illusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Was xp gain buffed on the HoT maps? I care more about finally maybe completing some masteries rather than just rewards.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Was xp gain buffed on the HoT maps? I care more about finally maybe completing some masteries rather than just rewards.

I believe they both increased general monster exp gain as well as the adventures reward exp. Also many event chains are separated, and some event participation bars have been eliminated. Essentially meaning you get more exp/rewards per event, and without participation meters you'll get the full reward each time. I guess.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

CLAM DOWN posted:

Massively. I completed a little less than half of a 4.3M XP mastery just faffing about in two HoT zones for a couple hours with zero buffs other than the GH tavern 10% one.

Now granted, this was a new alt, so I got all the new map discovery XP, but still.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Woo that's loving awesome, I might finally get leyline gliding at some point then.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

quote:

[–]Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet[S] 64 points 18 hours ago
We'll certainly monitor the economic impact and respond if we need to. But our thinking is that this is a big help for a lot of players who are just getting by, and a drop in the bucket for players who are extremely effective at earning gold, and that inflation comes from the extreme accumulation of wealth.

[–]ProbablyJohnSmith 54 points 19 hours ago
We felt we had some room for increasing player income without risking major problems. That said, we'll keep a close eye on the progression over time, there are lots of options for fixing imbalances if they're needed.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I for one welcome our inflationary overlords.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Anyone else very laggy since the patch?

Sair
May 11, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

I see you all are enjoying the apology update.

Can't wait for everyone to start complaining about the lack of content in a week again.

It's caused me to want to play HoT again, so that's kinda like more content.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Guys they added backtigers: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4fn6cs/chuka_and_champawat_collection_bonus_item_spoiler/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

Anyone else very laggy since the patch?

I wasn't at all last night. You talking network lag or fps lag?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

I wasn't at all last night. You talking network lag or fps lag?

FPS lag, it went away when i turned everything down. But I've been playing with the same settings for years without any trouble.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Schpyder posted:

I dunno, I made like 70g in about 4 hours last night, just from doing teq, dailies, and dragging my new d/d ele through what HPs I could solo or team up with pubs on in VB and AB.

I happened to be in VB for night phase, and we only got to T2, but the rewards were ridiculous. Beating the wyvern matriarch got one of those selectable boxes, and one of the options was a reclaimed plate. I also got one of those lightward hammers from some event (looks like they massively upped the droprate on the HoT weapons given how they're cratering on the TP), so that was like 48g right there. And a random exotic with a force sigil later, maybe in Tarir (had a successful octovine)? And another reclaimed plate from something.

Basically the HoT zone rewards are loving ridiculous and you can get loads of them just loving around on the maps now. I'm guessing I got particularly lucky on drops, but even without that, it's still way, waaaaaay better.

70g with most of it from selling stuff on the TP is fine, if you got 70g just doing events for 4 hours then that's a problem.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just reapplied to GOON and might pick up the expac finally since people are being so positive on the patch! Out of curiosity, do things like Dry Top or Silverwastes ever get run anymore? I have some unused Amber bugs to make.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

This is mainly for Bird but you remember the neat looking medium armour renders we saw a while back that had a plain and a detailed version? That's the medium armour from the WvW reward track.

e: now that I'm actually at a computer, the plain version is [&CkUaAAA=][&Ck0aAAA=][&Ch0aAAA=][&ChwaAAA=][&CiIaAAA=][&CiAaAAA=] and the detailed version is [&CicaAAA=][&CiYaAAA=][&CikaAAA=][&CiUaAAA=][&Ch8aAAA=][&CisaAAA=]. Dulfy does have pictures but she also uses horrible black and white dyes that wash out 90% of the details: http://dulfy.net/2016/04/20/gw2-upcoming-items-from-april-19-patch

I also missed the tiger cubs before and they're adorable :3:. I know what I'm working on after I (eventually) finish Juggernaut.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 20, 2016

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Mercurius posted:

This is mainly for Bird but you remember the neat looking medium armour renders we saw a while back that had a plain and a detailed version? That's the medium armour from the WvW reward track.

e: now that I'm actually at a computer, the plain version is [&CkUaAAA=][&Ck0aAAA=][&Ch0aAAA=][&ChwaAAA=][&CiIaAAA=][&CiAaAAA=] and the detailed version is [&CicaAAA=][&CiYaAAA=][&CikaAAA=][&CiUaAAA=][&Ch8aAAA=][&CisaAAA=]. Dulfy does have pictures but she also uses horrible black and white dyes that wash out 90% of the details: http://dulfy.net/2016/04/20/gw2-upcoming-items-from-april-19-patch

I also missed the tiger cubs before and they're adorable :3:. I know what I'm working on after I (eventually) finish Juggernaut.

Thanks. These are cool.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So what did the patch nerf?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

True Shot, rip everything

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Haha, no I mean the one a little while ago.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

There'll be a bunch of tiny patches for the next two weeks fixing the random showstopping bugs introduced in the changes. There's a bug with the new legendary item collections that stop you from being able to finish it if you do two of the collections in the wrong order and that's fairly high profile so I'd think stuff like that would be the priority to fix.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

malhavok posted:

Hopefully they fixed that thing where signets don't work

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

malhavok posted:

Haha, no I mean the one a little while ago.

They nerfed it again.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Fifteen of Many posted:

I just reapplied to GOON and might pick up the expac finally since people are being so positive on the patch! Out of curiosity, do things like Dry Top or Silverwastes ever get run anymore? I have some unused Amber bugs to make.

GOON seems like it'll be a good home for me. I've been mostly bored with the game because I just can't find a good guild.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Good world vs world today SFD! Our zerg started at 40 and grew to 50 dentists at the end.

http://i.imgur.com/oEZA2O3.jpg

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 21, 2016

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh yeah we killed some zergs, those are back too

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

one day i'll be able to participate in wvwednesday again

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Visidan posted:

Good world vs world today SFD! Our zerg started at 40 and grew to 50 dentists at the end.

Sad I slept through my alarm. I blame you for taking me dungeoning though

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I got 2 tomes for doing basically nothing. :thumbsup:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

http://i.imgur.com/oEZA2O3.jpg

Patch really boosted WvWednesday this week, thanks for coming everyone!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
So I think I did a good job at Challenge - Pretty Princess: Medium (Asura).

She's as sinister as I wanted her to look. :allears: (I've forgotten how to not take garbage screenshot's 'tho. :v: )

So uh, do we still do hero point trains?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Patch really boosted WvWednesday this week, thanks for coming everyone!

Ahhh poo poo. Missed that. :argh:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Do you guys thing Anet will ever add in more base skills? My warrior still wants her elite shout. :(

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

When do I get to explore the Jade Sea depths as a Tengu anet :mad:

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Is IsThereAnyDeal the best place to watch for HoT discounts?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I just found out my Auramancer build was moved to Tempest, so if I want to do bubbles4all, I have to buy HoT :saddowns:

Not a huge big deal, but I wanted to dick around in vanilla a bit longer with the patch changes, since it's been so long since I last played.

Granted when I asked in guild chat about stats everyone immediately replied 'zerker', so I guess nothing has changed in that regard for PvE and auramancing is just dicking around for no real good reason :eng99:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
HoT belongs in the $5 bin at Walmart.

Okay serious post now: HoT's value probably went up a bit with this update but I'd definitely be on the lookout to get it on sale somewhere, not that I know where to look for it since I'm a sucker who pre-ordered it. Remember that HoT is a way better value if you're a newer player and not a jaded vet playing the same content over and over for 3+ years.

For me personally I'd still say it should not have been more than $35 for what it is but whatever. They have at least restored some hope for the direction of the game with the past two patches and I am pretty thrilled about that. If I had one real nitpick so far it's that while they buffed Thief's Unload skill, the range is still too lovely at 900 and needs to be bumped back up to be useful for WvW (and I imagine PvP?). It's really good for single target but you have to get too close to the action for a ranged weapon.

I'd say bring back the % chance of ricochet shots for Unload, cut down the length of time on the might stacks (or make that a % chance) and increase the range by 200-300.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

victrix posted:

I just found out my Auramancer build was moved to Tempest, so if I want to do bubbles4all, I have to buy HoT :saddowns:

Not a huge big deal, but I wanted to dick around in vanilla a bit longer with the patch changes, since it's been so long since I last played.

Granted when I asked in guild chat about stats everyone immediately replied 'zerker', so I guess nothing has changed in that regard for PvE and auramancing is just dicking around for no real good reason :eng99:

The expansion is worth getting now.

There are many other viable stats (HoT added new combos like viper) and builds now so "all zerker all the time" hasn't been correct for a while. You were being joked around with or your guild is wrong.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Berserker is still the king of stats though? Like anything is "viable" but zerker is still best in slot 9 times out of 10.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

^^ I asked in goon guild chat :v:

It's been ~2 years since I played, and even then while I have an 80, I never even finished the main story or farmed the dungeons to boredom, and I've never touched Fractals, so I'm not entirely jaded, and both parts of vanilla and all of HoT would be new content for me.

DLGamer has HoT for $40 so that's not far off that mark :v: (it's an officially endorsed reseller by anet).

Only problem is many of the issues that made me quit still seem to be present, and it's deeply concerning to me that the game has been out this long and it doesn't seem to have received nearly the same amount of content that GW1 created in an incredibly short timespan. In ~2 years GW1 had three major expansions, while the living story 'season 1' stuff in GW2 didn't impress me in the least. It doesn't really make me want to pay for even the small bit of of season 2 I'm missing given how quickly I lost steam in both the main story and the living story.

On the other hand, their old director is gone and this patch looks pretty massive, so I'll keep poking around and try to bug some goons into dragging me through dungeons and fractals, see how it feels. However much I might have disliked the feeling that tons of new content and dev effort was all gem-store locked, it's definitely nice that I don't have to give a poo poo about a sub fee to test the waters again :unsmith:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Generic Octopus posted:

Berserker is still the king of stats though? Like anything is "viable" but zerker is still best in slot 9 times out of 10.

Never been the case in pvp or wvw, but it used to be in pve definitely.

Now in pve you have condition, power, healing, "tank" and boon duration builds. This is mostly for raids, in fractals and dungeons you'd mainly run either power or condition builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lonk posted:

For me personally I'd still say it should not have been more than $35 for what it is but whatever.

The problem is that they started giving away the base game, so really what they are selling is the full game and the expansion. Which sucks for early adopters, but is a great deal for new players. Next expansion is probably going to be sold for 50 bucks again, and again the people who paid 50 for the base game and 50 again for HoT are going to feel pretty screwed, but the people paying 50 bucks for a full game with two expansions are going to be happy with that deal.

• Locked thread