Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I thought you were better than the ignore button.

:sigh:

Sometimes, even I grow tired of seeing a person degrade themselves for others.

While I laugh myself sick at "Freddy got fingered", I would not continue to laugh at Tom Green debasing himself, for his entire life, for money.

And, now that years have passed, neither would he.

In other words, Sometimes even clowns must retire. So that they can find peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time
Not much of a whiskey drinker but I don't mind Wild Turkey 101. Evan Williams tastes like grass.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I am a Beam boy

naem
May 29, 2011

Nooner posted:

evan williams does this real cool thing where it only costs like $10 and tastes good and then you dont think about bad things in life anymore and everything is good again for like 8 hours until you sober up 9/10 would recommend

Except that sometimes you start thinking ONLY about bad things so many bad things then it's like WHY?? WHY SAMANTHA?? WITH MY COUSIN?? FRRAZZ FECRAZZLe FRACKA SKSID, fuckin

Then you wake up and your bathroom mirror is in the driveway

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

old crow + canada dry lemon lime seltzer water is pretty much my go to drink. i'm not sure how i got started on it but it works.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

:sigh:

Sometimes, even I grow tired of seeing a person degrade themselves for others.

While I laugh myself sick at "Freddy got fingered", I would not continue to laugh at Tom Green debasing himself, for his entire life, for money.

And, now that years have passed, neither would he.

In other words, Sometimes even clowns must retire. So that they can find peace.

Unless your scroll wheel is broken you can ignore the same guys that I do.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Unless your scroll wheel is broken you can ignore the same guys that I do.

I can do two things. :)

:D

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

I can do two things. :)

:D

:P

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I like to soak a tampon in Black Velvet ad shove it up my butt and rail xanny bars

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
evan williams best whiskey under $20 a fifth, do not pass go, do not drink beam

ZombieParts posted:

People that recommend Old Crow are totally trolling and if you buy it, you're taking advice from very mean people who want you to drink Kerosene

when i drank whiskey ironically it was without fail old crow or fighting cock

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jonny 290 posted:

evan williams best whiskey under $20 a fifth, do not pass go, do not drink beam

when i drank whiskey ironically it was without fail old crow or fighting cock

Used to buy fighting cock back in college just cause the name and we had a pet rooster. not that bad of liquor

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I've always liked Evan Williams. It's at the sweet spot where it's good enough to drink straight, but also cheap enough that I don't mind mixing it with something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C0xGB73Uuc&t=230s

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Don't listen to all the homos jerking off over Evan Williams...Jim Beam is the answer.

I'd get Old Crow but it's too hard to find

Where do you live? Crow is about as common as tap water in Oregon.

The real answer is Broker's. It's the worst garbage in the world but boy oh boy does it generate stories

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Airborne Viking posted:

Posting Alberta Premium in the new GBS Whiskey thread.

You're correct, this is good.

All your cheap American whiskey is more expensive than our "premium" Canadian whiskeys. Yeah I dunno wtf.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I think my favorite "cheap" whiskey is Balvenie or Booker's.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Benchmark bourbon is where it's at if you have it near you. I cant find the stuff in Arizona, much to my chagrin after raving about it to friends. It used to be our staple whiskey in southern Illinois.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Airborne Viking posted:

I don't know why Crown Royal is so popular in the south.

IT says Royal on it and has a purple bag and southerns are dumb. If you slap Royal on anything down there and put purple on the box it'll loving sell.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Evan Williams and playing solitaire with an actual deck of cards ITT. Don't care.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I never thought to mix whiskey and lime, huh

thanks forums

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Sheep-Goats posted:

IT says Royal on it and has a purple bag and southerns are dumb. If you slap Royal on anything down there and put purple on the box it'll loving sell.

This trade secret will come in handy in my future business endeavours in the sex toy industry.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I spend late nights with Early Times

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I used to like old crow and old grandad until i had this:

def the best cheap whisky i have had

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
High Commissioner is like, 7 quid a bottle. Swig it neat. Gets you drunk, what more do you want?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Why the hell you guys would want to drink a cheaper version of Jack Daniels is beyond me. poo poo is nasty. Get yourself some JimBeam. It's still great even if it's owned by the Japanese now.

Also Seagram's is good.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Canada mist is a pretty good value for the money

Krusty-tested, goon approved

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Just came home with a handle of Old Crow and a fifth of Old Overholt. My daily whiskies are now duly restocked.

A shame I don't really drink soda, anymore. I sometimes miss my dirty secret love of Black Velvet and Canada Dry.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Crown Royal that doesn't belong to me.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Black Velvet Reserve is my go to cheap bottle. But it's gotta be the reserve, regular old BV is meh.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Butch Cassidy posted:

Old Overholt

Man, I haven't seen that stuff anywhere since I moved to the Southeast. I miss the crap out of it.

Old Overcoat and Resident Evil was the best entertainment possible back in the broke-as-gently caress-paying-off-college-loans days.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I still don't know why crown royal is so popular in texas

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:respek:

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Ezra Brooks because it's 90 proof and the same price as 80 proof evan williams (and tastes a little better)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
OP I really like Old Crow and it proudly sits on my bar next to far more expensive liquors. A fifth of Crow is literally the best thing you can do with $10.

Sadly it is not hard to find in glass bottles so I don't drink it as much as I used too.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

I bought this after hearing it praised on here multiple times, I drank it straight up after a few glasses of wine and left my shoes, and phone outside overnight at my buddies, apparently I walked home barefoot and broke his chair.

I remember none of this and my shoulder is bruised and hurt,
Would try again, as soon as I regain my bravery.

Old crow is okay too, I really like bullit rye, but it's kinda expensive.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Old Heaven Hill. Its from the same distillery that produces Evan Williams, but its a bit smoother and its generally cheaper; you can get a 1.75L handle for $14 which is a real steal.

FYI:the same distillery makes Evan Williams, Fighting Cock, Old Fitzgerald, Elijah Craig and Rittenhouse Rye

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

very old barton 90

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

bongwizzard posted:

OP I really like Old Crow and it proudly sits on my bar next to far more expensive liquors. A fifth of Crow is literally the best thing you can do with $10.

Sadly it is not hard to find in glass bottles so I don't drink it as much as I used too.

I bet if I drank a sip of Old Crow I would instantly be transported back to the winter of 2009/2010. :unsmith:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Old Overholt makes a simple but tasty enough old fashioned. Jim Beam rye does a bit better but is four-six bucks more spendy per bottle so gently caress it. Overholt wins for the ability to grab a pound or two of sausage at the deli with the savings to grill while half-cocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i used to drink early times and it barely made me want to fight anybody

• Locked thread