Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Three Olives posted:

Wasn't he in that show about poor people forever that tried to make people empathize about their horrible lives? I think it was like Roseanne but like when poor people could afford the internet.

I know he was in a show where he was friends with Kevin James, that experience was probably worth four dead wives right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

this is going to make one hell of a routine, I can feel it

seriously though, what an awful event to live through

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I don't like him but that's lovely

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Oh Don Piano posted:

you think he tapped that one last time?:smugmrgw:

lol

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
The Night Stalker got her - she was getting too close to his true identity.

http://www.lamag.com/longform/in-the-footsteps-of-a-killer/

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

TK-42-1 posted:

Wow. That's some nightmare material there.

For loving real.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
She was a great crime writer and her 2013 LA Mag piece about the Original Night Strangler was one of my favorites.

RIP, it should have been her pompous toad husband instead

Edit: beaten

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Man I just watched the first episode of Horace and Pete so I already feel like dogshit, and this seems very sad to me. :(

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mega64 posted:

I know he was in a show where he was friends with Kevin James, that experience was probably worth four dead wives right there.

Yeah, I think he was a delivery guy instead of a waitress in a lovely restaurant like either one of them could have interesting and fulfilling lives. I mean even the food delivery people get to go through the front door instead of being made to go to the service entrance.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The thought of waking up after any other boring night's sleep to find your wife dead next to you is some seriously scary poo poo :smith:

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

He's going to shoot himself in the next 12 months

I would

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

If that poo poo happened to me, the only thing that would stop me would be the thought of leaving my toddler with no parents - I hope for the sake of his daughter he doesn't do that. The last thing she needs is to lose her Dad, too.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I mean, I couldn't if I had a kid, but if I didn't....

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Sounds like George Lucas struck first

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
You know how people always use that cliche about when something has you absolutely gobsmacked and "your jaw drops"? Well that literally happened to me finding out this news, like my jaw is still open and I can't shut it. This is seriously sad and I feel bad for Patton right now.

Jesus christ what the gently caress, 2016? Can you stop murdering famous people and/or their spouses for one month? Just one single month, please.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The thought of waking up after any other boring night's sleep to find your wife dead next to you is some seriously scary poo poo :smith:

One time I woke up and rolled over in bed and my dog didn't move, I thought he was dead, it was pretty scary but I checked to make sure he was alive but he just got annoyed that I woke him up, I think he was just super tired.

I bet it was probably like that except his wife didn't wake up and it meant that he would have to deal with a bunch of paperwork and having the body disposed of.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

You know how people always use that cliche about when something has you absolutely gobsmacked and "your jaw drops"? Well that literally happened to me finding out this news, like my jaw is still open and I can't shut it. This is seriously sad and I feel bad for Patton right now.

Jesus christ what the gently caress, 2016? Can you stop murdering famous people and/or their spouses for one month? Just one single month, please.

your gay

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Omg please die of aidz.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dont know who that is voting 1

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

so what

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Patton Oswalt went to sleep thinking today couldn't be as big of a bummer as yesterday. today was gonna be great, people were going to see his new special. He was probably going to celebrate. Now he has a dead wife and a motherless 7yo daughter.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad of it
:gary::yarg:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

the true crime here is this thread

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
That's a bummer for him. Feel bad for the little tike.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

lets spoon

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Holy gently caress this is my worst nightmare. I'm going to go hug my wife.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
That's awful. Patton is one of my favorite comedians. Poor guy.

2016 is a real rear end in a top hat of a year.

What did she die of?

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

Lt. Chips posted:

Tell her that I love her.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Microwaves Mom posted:

2016 is a real rear end in a top hat of a year.

If 2016 gets any worse, Tupac, Andy Kaufman, Bruce Lee and DB Cooper are all going to have to come out of hiding and admit they've all been alive for years just to offset some of this.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I think he'll look back on this and laugh :D

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
She was an obnoxious Hillary supporter, so gently caress her:

https://twitter.com/truecrimediary?lang=en

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lt. Chips posted:

You have weird dreams about Patton Oswald's wife dying and your own wife supports this? hosed up times we live in.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

that's really sad, much sadder than a popstar dying, it makes me quite sad to think about

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"i don't like his jokes, but in total contradiction, i feel empathy for him. life is funny."

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
His dead wife could be any of your loved ones.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
any info on the size of her clit?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I dont find him very funny but I feel real bad that his wife died, that is a very rough thing to have happen especially when she wass so young and I hope all the best for him

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
rather than make prince jokes he did actually lose his friend garry shandling like early this month which sucked pretty bad

as stupid as this sounds ( i am a stupid an anxious person ) i cant picture ever letting myself fall in love even once because i cant deal with loss and even the perfect marriage usually involves one old person outliving the other

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Thanks op now I'm ruined

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
considering he's such an obnoxious toad i'm surprised he's not the one who croaked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Nooner posted:

I dont find him very funny but I feel real bad that his wife died, that is a very rough thing to have happen especially when she wass so young and I hope all the best for him

Just FYI if something bad happens to someone you don't know you don't have to feel obligated to pretend to feel bad about it.

• Locked thread