Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

At a guess I'd say it was the only dance move that Ray Parker Jnr did in the music video that the other four guys could do together without loving up so they just went with it.

And still Murray fucks it up. Intentionally, if I recall correctly because he is a grumpy sod and that's why we love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ChogsEnhour posted:

And still Murray fucks it up. Intentionally, if I recall correctly because he is a grumpy sod and that's why we love him.

I'm genuinely surprised that he's in the video, let alone dancing.

It's funny that Ernie Hudson gets the shaft in almost all marketing material for BOTH films, and he's seemingly the most approachable and most appreciative of his time in the films. I get that he's not A-list, so that's why, but whatever. I met Dan Aykroyd, and I'd meet Ernie before I'd meet Bill. He just seems way friendlier.

Plus, I loved Oz, so GB wouldn't be the only thing I'd ask him about :allears:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ChogsEnhour posted:

I doubt it was intentional or anything; Murray wasn't a grumpy son of a bitch at that point in his career. That moody, mercurial personality -- which both Ramis and Aykroyd referred to as the Murricane -- didn't really come out until the late '80s, basically when he started running around on his wife and started drinking and drugging more heavily. (Hence him being openly miserable on the set of Ghostbusters II, and of course the infamous blow-up with Ramis on the set of Groundhog Day.)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Timby posted:

I doubt it was intentional or anything; Murray wasn't a grumpy son of a bitch at that point in his career. That moody, mercurial personality -- which both Ramis and Aykroyd referred to as the Murricane -- didn't really come out until the late '80s, basically when he started running around on his wife and started drinking and drugging more heavily. (Hence him being openly miserable on the set of Ghostbusters II, and of course the infamous blow-up with Ramis on the set of Groundhog Day.)

I'd love to hear more about the Groundhog Day thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd love to hear more about the Groundhog Day thing.

Basically, Murray wasn't in the best of places when the movie was being made; again, he was drinking and drugging pretty heavily, and his numerous affairs were taking a toll on his marriage. Throughout production, Murray kept wanting to play the Phil Connors role as though he were in some sort of existentialist drama, and both Ramis and others kept on saying, "C'mon, Bill, it's a comedy." This resulted in several very, very nasty arguments on the set -- Ramis criticizing Murray for his drug use and his infidelity and always showing up late to the set, Murray got very ugly towards Ramis as well. At one point, Ramis sat down with Murray and said, "Look, don't throw a tantrum, you're not a child. Just talk to me." And finally, when Murray's final scene wrapped, he walked up to Ramis and said, "I have nothing more to say to you." They didn't speak for a decade after that; the closest it came was when a publication -- I think The New Yorker -- did a profile on Ramis around the time The Ice Harvest came out. The writer reached out to Brian Doyle-Murray as an intermediary to see if Murray would agree to be interviewed, and after a few days, Doyle-Murray said Bill's response was, "No, I've thought about it and I really have nothing to say."

Timby fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 21, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

drat, Bill... That's cold. Shutting someone out because they called you on your horrible poo poo.

Yeah, good job.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

Murray kept wanting to play the Phil Connors role as though he were in some sort of existentialist drama, and both Ramis and others kept on saying, "C'mon, Bill, it's a comedy."

That would have worked if they hadn't stopped him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well apparently Bill's gambit paid off because Groundhog Day is some sort of existentialist drama. It also just happens to be really funny.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

Well apparently Bill's gambit paid off because Groundhog Day is some sort of existentialist drama. It also just happens to be really funny.

That's the genious of Ramis though, and an example of why he knew exactly what he was talking about. Ramis knew that actually playing it as a drama wouldn't be nearly as interesting as using comedy to explore those same existentialist ideas.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Say what you will about the upcoming film, but my friend just drew this, another guy coloured it, and it's loving awesome.

https://www.shirtpunch.com/keepin-it-real.html

Preview:

Can't get over how awful this is.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Here's that New Yorker profile of Ramis that I mentioned earlier.

He seems like he was such a gentle soul. :(

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Was?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

He, uh, suffered from a slight case of death two years ago...

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Shhhh.

Timby posted:

a gentle soul.

:thejoke:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

:suicide:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Timby posted:

He seems like he was such a gentle soul. :(

I disagree.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Why are Slimer and Puke Ghost not doing the finger point Keep On Trucken thing?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

AndyElusive posted:

Why are Slimer and Puke Ghost not doing the finger point Keep On Trucken thing?

Why did he draw the uniforms wrong?

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
The shirt sucks poo poo, his friend sucks poo poo and he sucks poo poo for showing it to us

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mustached5thGrader posted:

The shirt sucks poo poo, his friend sucks poo poo and he sucks poo poo for showing it to us

Ha, literally what I would expect to hear from a real mustached 5th grader. :golfclap:.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Say what you will about the upcoming film, but my friend just drew this, another guy coloured it, and it's loving awesome.

https://www.shirtpunch.com/keepin-it-real.html

Preview:

Nice shilling of dogshit-tier products dude. Your friend must be super cool for you to promote their garbage online for a bullshit film.

Edit: you and your friend are loving cancer

hottubrhymemachine fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 23, 2016

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I like that the character people responded the most positively to is covered up. That's good marketing.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Shirt's fine imo, it's a cute reference and I think most people would be cool with them.
Goons are far more judgemental than normal people and probably wouldn't say anything in real life anyway, they're too busy doing really cool things like throwing tantrums on the Internet.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Inkspot posted:

I like that the character people responded the most positively to is covered up. That's good marketing.

Chris Hemsworth or Slimer?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Acne Rain posted:

Shirt's fine imo, it's a cute reference and I think most people would be cool with them.
Goons are far more judgemental than normal people and probably wouldn't say anything in real life anyway, they're too busy doing really cool things like throwing tantrums on the Internet.

Yeah, a lot of people really liked the Trailer for Ghostbusters(2016).

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It doesn't matter if they liked the trailer or not, people will not judge you as a bad person for liking something they don't.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Acne Rain posted:

If I was talking to some people and someone walked up and said "hey guys look at this product you can buy for a garbage looking movie" and pulled out that tshirt I would tell them it was dogshit even though its this REAL LIFE you speak of.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
No adult should wear that shirt. The art is really bad.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

Welcome to the new Goon Paradigm where many of us would have no issues telling a complete stranger how terrible their shirt is when given the opportunity to.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

hottubrhymemachine posted:

If I was talking to some people and someone walked up and said "hey guys look at this product you can buy for a garbage looking movie" and pulled out that tshirt I would tell them it was dogshit even though its this REAL LIFE you speak of.

Lol no you wouldn't because you're a keyboard warrior and a coward. If a real person walked up to you and said anything at all you'd stare at the ground and shuffle your feet on the pavement.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
If a real personal walks up to me to talk about their ghostbusters shirt they can gently caress off and feel free to come to Hartford anytime and try it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Why would you be rude to someone over a tshirt? Surely the more reasonable response would just be to say no thank you?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
All of u seem like crazy people

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol no you wouldn't because you're a keyboard warrior and a coward. If a real person walked up to you and said anything at all you'd stare at the ground and shuffle your feet on the pavement.

if someone came up to me wearing that shirt i'd assume they are some sort of maniac for being monetarily (and presumably emotionally) invested in a movie thats not even out yet

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Farm Frenzy posted:

being monetarily (and presumably emotionally) invested in a movie thats not even out yet

That happens these days. We've seen examples in the PYF Cosplay thread of people wearing complete costumes of characters for games and movies that weren't out and in some cases they must have started work on the costumes the day the first preview/trailer dropped in order for it to be ready for that specific convention. There was also at least one example where a game company released character art specifically so cosplayers had reference material.

I've already seen photos of people dressed in the new GB uniforms.

Edit:

Edit 2: ah ha ha ha I just noticed how lovely and cheap that first costume is but she's finally got a female blonde GB in glasses she can emulate so good on her for not waiting around until she'd made a better costume before posing for photos

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 24, 2016

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

All of u seem like crazy people

True.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Well if these guys do it, it must be cool.. Put me down for two shirts. Both XXL.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit 2: ah ha ha ha I just noticed how lovely and cheap that first costume is but she's finally got a female blonde GB in glasses she can emulate so good on her for not waiting around until she'd made a better costume before posing for photos

Good for her, she can finally live out her dream of being human cancer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Some people just like liking stuff and aren't too busy being overly critical of stuff that doesn't affect their life. It's easier to be positive in most situations rather than negative. :shobon:

Did Ghostbusters 2 teach us nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Guy A. Person posted:

Ha, someone is a keyboard warrior but somehow I dont think its me.

Hint its you. How many ghostbusters tshirts did you buy?

P.s. We should fight irl with fists come at me bro

• Locked thread