Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Shorts are definitely cool, I hope the format continues to grow and/or Squid Girl's format of three shorts per episode makes a comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Luluco is my favorite of the season so far so can confirm that shorts are really good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nielsm posted:

Teekyuu is one 3:30 minute show covering 24 minutes worth of gags.

It works on the same principal as Marx brothers comedy, where the best way to do comedy is hit the audience over the head with jokes before they have time to breathe

even if one isnt very funny the next one is only a second away

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I keep hearing that Re:Zero is driving many people to depression for similar reasons that Helck did...

Is this true?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

No

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I keep hearing that Re:Zero is driving many people to depression for similar reasons that Helck did...

Is this true?

what? no

Re:Zero is goofy and is all about going back and fixing things. it should be uplifting if anything

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What's this then?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 26, 2016

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

What's this then?

pictures of stuff people said on 4chan

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Grouchio posted:

What's this then?

it's 4chan

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it sounds like they're talking about the book/ln/whatever it was first anyway so people watching the anime wouldn't know

it's been relatively light so far

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Srice posted:

Several weeks into the new season and Tonkatsu DJ is still the main show I look forward to

Shorts are cool

Yeah, past few seasons, we've been getting a lot of nice shorts; Wakako-zake Ojisan Marshmallow, Galko-chan, and now Tonkatsu DJ.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

a kitten posted:

Shorts are definitely cool, I hope the format continues to grow and/or Squid Girl's format of three shorts per episode makes a comeback.

Same, it was also cool in acchi kocchi and sayonara zetsubou sensei

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Grouchio posted:

Is this true?

No. It's pretty good.

And no one should be depressed about Helck because everyone should BELIEVE IN HELCK.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it depresses me that helck didn't stick to pure comedy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't really call Re:Zero light, since several characters have been killed with a good amount of blood, and the general hopelessness the protag feels at first. it's not nearly as depressing (or charming) as Helck though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a kitten posted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

There's always the Splatoon Manga!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Squid Girl is over.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Squid Girl is overrated.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Scathing and insightful criticism.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Squid Girl is overrated.

you gotta be squiddin' me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

squid girl is underrated

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Squid

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Squid girl is rated just right

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm still happy that there was a DUWANG version of Squid Girl episode 1

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

What's this then?

Garbage

Armor-Piercing posted:

Squid Girl is overrated.

Garbage

Grouchio posted:

Is this true?

The picture you posted doesn't indicate depression

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I assume by "is driving many people to depression for similar reasons that Helck did" they mean "is driving people nuts having to wait for the next chapter because they want more"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I like how that collection of reactionary posts doesn't include whatever it is they're reacting to.

It's about the least helpful "Proof" imaginable.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
<your waifu violently dies, people get upset, because such events have consequences in a time travel story>

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AnacondaHL posted:

everyone in the background is amazing lol

I think they did it as a way to normalize some of the more exaggerated characters from the games, and it is glorious. :allears:.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

One of my favorite bits is 1-1 taking place in a ratty courtroom followed by 1-2 opening with a monstrous hologram machine descending from the ceiling.

Motto fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 27, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motto posted:

One of my favorite bits is 1-1 taking place in a ratty courtroom, followed by 1-2 opening with a monstrous hologram machine descending from the ceiling.

I love that the victory confetti was half-heartedly thrown by the cleaning lady in the ratty little courtroom too :allears:.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I love that the victory confetti was half-heartedly thrown by the cleaning lady in the ratty little courtroom too :allears:.

doesnt sound like she'd be very happy with this part of her job

did she aim towards the center of the room, so it would be easier to vacuum up?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Neddy Seagoon posted:

that's how it basically works in real court too

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Ace Attorney matches the tone of the game for me pretty well (Note: I only played the first game, and only the first three or four cases of that).

Yuuki Aoi wouldn't have been the type of voice actress I would choose for May[a|oi] but she's growing on me.

Then again, as far as anime is concerned, I'm drawn to poo poo, like the proverbial fly.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PLAY ACE ATTORNEY

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I've only played the second and third Ace Attornies

I keep telling myself I'll watch the anime and then not doing it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StandardVC10 posted:

Motto posted:

PLAY ACE ATTORNEY

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I tried to play the first Ace Attorney last year or the year before after loving the gently caress out of Ghost Trick but got sick of how slow everything was and coming to conclusions faster than Nick did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodyle posted:

I tried to play the first Ace Attorney last year or the year before after loving the gently caress out of Ghost Trick but got sick of how slow everything was and coming to conclusions faster than Nick did

Yeah. I remember in the second case for the third game, basically knowing what would win the case right at the beginning of the last trial, but it wouldn't exempt the crucial piece of evidence until the very end, and it was so frustrating.

Also, having played 1-3, I feel the series left off at a good point where I didn't need anymore PW and everything was resolved nicely.

StandardVC10 posted:

Case 4 (and 5 on DS) are great cases. 1 is a good tutorial. I actually hate case 2 (I think it's the most boring in the original trilogy, and the ending is a copout). 3 is good too.

• Locked thread