Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

Did some experiments, getting enemies to fight other enemies. It was kind of fun.

Crucifixition Victim vs. Mimic : They fought Victim won, kicked the mimic's rear end
Victim vs. Baby monsters : hahahaha what the gently caress do you think happened
Victim vs. Black Knight : They did not fight
Victim vs. Dark Wraiths : Wraiths won, but it was close. Probably could go either way

Mimic vs. Hand Hippo : They did not fight

Black Knight vs. Dark Wraiths : Knight won, easily. Absolutely destroyed them.
Knight vs. Ghrus : They did not fight

Wraiths vs. Crow-men : holy poo poo it was a slaughter, those poor birds they stood no chance

Black Knight vs. Victim vs. Crab : They did not fight :saddowns:

Anyone got any suggestions? I also want to get the Victim in the dungeons to fight the gargoyle on the bridge to the Capital
I wanna find an arena and put bets on these matchups now.
Can you get Lothric Knights to fight those crazy darkness/abyss serpent things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah SA has never had a complete mess of a thread until Dark Souls 3

This is too outrageous of a lie to even say in jest.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Ilustforponydeath posted:

This thread is literally indistinguishable from gamefaqs forums. Let that sink in.

Not true. Its subtle, but the colour schemes of the two forums are actually different. If you train your eyes, you can tell the difference.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I get triggered when I see someone land a guard break and proceed to spam r1 through it instead of riposting. It's like some people really are hollows, IRL (in real life) for real hollow, they see the screen but they dont comprehend what's happening, operating on pure impulse to mash the r1 button uncontrollably, but no soul inside.

If you ever see that happen and it turns out to be me, it's because even though I'm rubbing my crotch into yours my R1 didn't count as a Riposte so I just said gently caress it and kept hitting the button.

I'm not using stance guard break moves or parrying my parry works to NOT riposte after I actually manage to hit someone with them, after all.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

What do I level after I get 27 Vig and 40/40 Str/Dex? Pump the rest into End or continue on until I hit the hard(er) caps at 50/60/60?

How did you ever hit these numbers without soft capping Endurance? :psyduck:

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

So since we know that our good friend Laddersmith Gilligan's rather recent looking corpse made it all the way to Profaned Capital, can we agree that he's one of the most powerful 'minor characters' in the series?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Hommando posted:

I'm a fan of making the mimic in the Catacombs fight the flame demon. It's usually a pretty good fight.

I tried this, and the Flame Demon one shot the Mimic before he landed a single hit. In the same attempt, the skeletons in the lower part of the room killed the Flame Demon from 50% health without any help whatsoever.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xenolalia posted:

So since we know that our good friend Laddersmith Gilligan's rather recent looking corpse made it all the way to Profaned Capital, can we agree that he's one of the most powerful 'minor characters' in the series?

Or at least the most clever. He probably was able to make his own shortcut, after all.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Xenolalia posted:

He;s one of the most powerful minor characters created on the planet Earth.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Triggered!

ha , ha !

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I've never thought the problem with the PvP metagame was Poise or Min/Max'ng or whatever - it's simply that playing with pubbies is universally terrible, across any game or game genre.

The only times I have had a lot of fun during Souls multiplayer are:

- being a Christmas Darkwraith in DS1 (run around opening shortcuts and dropping items - and maybe killing the host or maybe not, depending on whether or not he tried to kill me)
- Goon Fight Club in DS1 - because hey - no pubbies - or very few at least. Which meant nobody was playing cheap, people were trying out fun, ridiculous ways to win, and everyone was cool.
- anytime I have invaded/summoned and something hilarious or ridiculous happens. I was invading Anor Londo in DS1 and ran up the shortcut stairs and found the host and a summon on the narrow bridge leading into the big room. They were both wearing no armor save for the Sack, carrying no weapons in hand, and doing synchronized "can't use item" gestures. So of course I did the fun thing: stripped off armor, donned my Sack and joined them. After a few "can't use"s, I dropped a coupla humanity, Jumped for Joy and crystaled out. Because that was hilarious and fun and a nice change from dealing with gank squads or cowards who just sprint for the boss fog.

I'm never out to "win" in multiplayer, because a single look at the Hall of Fame books will quickly reveal nothing but obvious cheaters in the top spots. SL120 with 99 in all stats. Uh huh. So since I'm never gonna make that board, I'd rather just have fun - and for me - that means avoiding pubbies. Because ew - pubbies. The "arms race" aspect bores me to tears as well. Someone discovers a HavelDad build, then it's nothing but HavelDad's until someone finds a good counter, then it becomes "generic build #2" until someone counters that. *yawn* One of the best things about the game is that you can beat PvE at SL1 - which means it's almost solely dependent on the skill of the player. It's too bad that doesn't extend over to PvP. Like - facing a variety of builds as opponents, All +10 weapons should be roughly equal. Of course you're going to find specific builds problematic - like if someone is built out specifically to counter your particular weapon (for example, a Rapier probably SHOULD lose against a Greatshield user)- but for the most part, it'd be more interesting if two players, assuming equal skill, could win/lose with any weapons.

I realize that's probably near impossible to balance and is completely a pipe dream, but there it is. Instead we get "spam R1 with a straight sword or a rapier" which will be every invader you see until someone finds a counter, then we'll be on to the next generic build.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://my.mixtape.moe/bcrxax.webm

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao... Gona repost this in the IZ.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Xenolalia posted:

He's no Licia of Lindeldt, I tell you what.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Golden Goat posted:

*shoves Fallout 4 thread under a rug*

Got any room for the FE Fates thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

*shoves Fallout 4 thread under a rug*
This thread isn't that bad. I've seen way worse in Games.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

This thread isn't that bad. I've seen way worse in Games.
It's kinda standard fare thread for a game a big as this.

But it's instantly better then the rest due to this:

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
People who think they NEED to summon 3 phantoms to take on the Dancer thereby making her health pool massive are bad people. Bonus points if you as the host stand in the corner casually plinking arrows from behind a column while your summons are busy in melee range trying to bring that bar down. It's nice when you get just one guy and can take her down in 3 minutes for 60K souls though.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cultisto posted:

People who think they NEED to summon 3 phantoms to take on the Dancer thereby making her health pool massive are bad people. Bonus points if you as the host stand in the corner casually plinking arrows from behind a column while your summons are busy in melee range trying to bring that bar down. It's nice when you get just one guy and can take her down in 3 minutes for 60K souls though.

I just farm the Actually Winged Winged Knights with Rapport when I need souls. It's about 17.6k per kill with Covetous Serpent + Shield of Want, it's almost completely risk free, and they occasionally drop Large Titanite and Chunks.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I like how people criticize the idea of poise by pointing to examples where pieces of equipment clearly had too much poise or weapons did too little poise damage, etc., these are all things From can adjust!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It turns out that I enjoyed reading about people arguing over whether or not Solaire was Gwyn's firstborn better than I do people arguing about poise as a game mechanic. Fancy that.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

CJacobs posted:

It turns out that I enjoyed reading about people arguing over whether or not Solaire was Gwyn's firstborn better than I do people arguing about poise as a game mechanic. Fancy that.

That's not very autistic of you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sorry, something something bad internet whatever who cares

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Dancer is one of those bosses that it seems like most people find really hard but I didn't have any trouble at all. Maybe it's because she never did that seven-hit spin combo, but I beat her first try and with like half my Estus to spare.

Meanwhile Wolnir killed me three times even though I know he's a really easy boss, he just got me when I got careless.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

HGH posted:

I wanna find an arena and put bets on these matchups now.
Can you get Lothric Knights to fight those crazy darkness/abyss serpent things?

I'll try that one!

How do you embed gifs?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Demon's Souls was the superior game because it wasn't popular. The kind of people that define the fanbase now make me want to claim I never played any souls game in my life. The popularity spike of DS1 was by far the worst thing that ever happened to the series.

That was the best thing that could have happened to the series because it ensured its own continuation, even if it meant that some freakin' casuals get to have wrong opinions from time to time.

argondamn posted:

I like how people criticize the idea of poise by pointing to examples where pieces of equipment clearly had too much poise or weapons did too little poise damage, etc., these are all things From can adjust!

Its a good idea, just too good in ds1.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mazerunner posted:

How do you embed gifs?

If you're talking gifv's/webm's, just paste them and the forums will embed them automatically.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

CJacobs posted:

If you're talking gifv's/webm's, just paste them and the forums will embed them automatically.

It looks like just a link to me, instead of a picture that everyone HAS to look at, is the thing.

https://gfycat.com/EntireFirmArmyworm

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Add .webm to that

If you ever want the direct video link just right click and select "Copy Video Address"

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Mostly this makes me think of all the stuff (like the "sacrifice" ritual) from The Know leak that never ended up in the game. They even had that statue of the cover guy doing it at all the game conferences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyRJ5u-L8qw
Purple dancer dragon town! :smaug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mazerunner posted:

It looks like just a link to me, instead of a picture that everyone HAS to look at, is the thing.

https://gfycat.com/EntireFirmArmyworm.webm

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Add .webm to it, don't preview it, slam the post button instead.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
So I got my SL 120 PvP character setup, running through NG+2 to get the last ring upgrades I need. In NG+1 I cured my hollowing because I wanted to be pretty again.

Turns out I missed the gesture you get by summoning the Shade of Londor, which you can only summon if you're hollowed, which I can't do because it'll force me to level to 125. :qq:

Does anybody know if summoning that shade also gives phantoms in your world the gesture?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Add .webm to it, don't preview it, slam the post button instead.

Well alright then, thanks all

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The crystal soul spear with sorcery boosting rings makes a chump of every boss. Granted, you're unlikely to have the Intelligence for it until you're near the end of the game, but in my NG+ run it made chumps of everyone except Oceiros and the few bosses where magic isn't helpful. King of the Storm died in 5 hits!

I consider this a just reward after suffering the meagre offerings a sorcery build offers otherwise.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anal Surgery posted:

I was trying to fight a dude in the Post-Pontiff PVP Playhouse (The PPPVPP) and he had a weird effect where it was like I was staring at the sun. There was a glow all over him that made him impossible to see, but it only lasted like 30 seconds. Is that a spell or a hack? If it's a spell, it was a really clever effect! I was super impressed!

The lighting wigs out every now and then and that happens, it's pretty funny.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Asehujiko posted:

What do I level after I get 27 Vig and 40/40 Str/Dex? Pump the rest into End or continue on until I hit the hard(er) caps at 50/60/60?

Stopping your vigor at 27 is exactly the same as stopping your strength when you stop getting 5 damage a level or whatever with your great club which no one does. Vit gouges are always the strongest builds.

I PVPed a bunch with base warrior endurance and it was fine, just couldn't block big weapons because I'd get guard broken. I think I only had that happen once after I got the prisoner's chain and ring of favor. I don't think it's really worth leveling endurance. No point in swinging 3 times in PVP and you don't have openings that long in PVE really.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

The lighting wigs out every now and then and that happens, it's pretty funny.

The first time I saw it it was coming from a guy named Jesus. Because of the name I wasn't sure if it was deliberate or not.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Anybody in NG++ get summon bites? Im going str/fth Solaire build and I still wanna sunbro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hommando posted:

The first time I saw it it was coming from a guy named Jesus. Because of the name I wasn't sure if it was deliberate or not.

If only I could be so grossly incandescent.