Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Who has the Joe Daniher moutheye picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

Sydney cheated

Sorry mate, haven't you heard the news? Only Hawthorn cheats thanks to the umpires, every other team is pure as snow.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Sorry mate, haven't you heard the news? Only Hawthorn cheats thanks to the umpires, every other team is pure as snow.

Oh

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Now docking at Glenferrie

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh...

Ok

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sydney cheated today, though

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
They did win by three points. Checks out imo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
This was gamesmanship

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-01/filthy-leppitsch-questions-stretcher-rule-after-loss

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

That's very funny. Well done @Bolta10

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Collingwood drew their last breath and just let go in the fourth quarter.

<3 Lecca

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Exactly double their score, neat.

EDIT: Hmmm I'm tipping Melbourne next week, this feels weird.

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 10:20 on May 1, 2016

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Nic Naitanui has eclipsed his previous record of 12 hitouts-to-advantage against Collingwood set in Round 22, 2012 with 19 in this match. This also equals his career-best mark in this category, set previously against Essendon in Round 11, 2015."

I think he's fully over his injury now guys

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Late in the Eagles Pies game Kennedy snapped the ball which rebounded off LeCras' boot and went through for a goal, umpire called it touched on review :psyduck:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If we keep going up the ladder after a loss we are a lock for top 4

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

Late in the Eagles Pies game Kennedy snapped the ball which rebounded off LeCras' boot and went through for a goal, umpire called it touched on review :psyduck:

The review came back umpire's call - initial call was touched.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

glasnost toyboy posted:

The review came back umpire's call - initial call was touched.

Surely they could allow the system enough flexibility to stop retarded poo poo like that from happening. Or are umpires to stupid to be granted any kind more autonomy than is absolutely necessary

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Very proud that this year Melbourne get to be The One, In One and Twenty-One.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I don't know, the review system seems fine to me. If it's that obvious that it came off his foot then they wouldn't say "umpire's call", they'd just call it a goal. If they're not sure then it seems silly to overturn the decision.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually seen the footage.

On the other hand, I see why Brisbane are filthy about the stretcher thing. I honestly think someone's done it as a tactic. Whether it's the runner, or if he got instruction from a coach, who knows, but it just seems really convenient to me and it legitimately alters the likelihood of Brisbane reclaiming the lead right towards the end of the match.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yeah, the Sydney thing is really hosed. I'm not sure how to stop it though. Not super comfortable with changing it so stretchers only come on at the next stop of play rather than stopping play when they are needed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That's just a crazy conspiracy theory, I suppose now you're going to try and tell me one of the 19 Swans players on the ground managed to collude and make it happen too

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cmndstab posted:

I don't know, the review system seems fine to me. If it's that obvious that it came off his foot then they wouldn't say "umpire's call", they'd just call it a goal. If they're not sure then it seems silly to overturn the decision.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually seen the footage.

LeCras was running in front of Kennedy when he kicked the ball, LeCras ducked as it was kicked but there was a clear deflection, so the goal umpire requested a review as he thought Kennedy's kick was touched by a teammate.

They did the review and the ball clearly hit LeCras' heel but it also had clearly missed touching his back on the way through, so it should have been called a goal to LeCras. The review ump instead went back with Umpires call, which was originally touched so it counted as as a behind.

It's a bit of a waste of having a score review system when they can review a rare instance like this and still come up with the incorrect result because of the process they have in place.

e: the clip is up at http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-01/five-talking-points-west-coast-v-collingwood near the bottom of the article.

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 1, 2016

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I swear there was a rule about once a stretcher comes on you have to use it and the player can't come back on for a certain amount of time, not that that matters right at the end.

Assign the AFL integrity unit to investigate lol

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
Love all the pissing and moaning about North being on top.

I'm not sure who they have to beat before people will admit they are a decent team. It was meant to be the dogs but it's looking like the dogs have been severely overrated because they are media darlings. It's funny how no one has really mentioned we were down a player for 3 quarters and Sam Wright also injured for most of the game.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

All over the place like a madman's poo poo this week!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Seriously, axe the AFL writers and give me their loving job. They're hopeless.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Deadly Hume posted:

All over the place like a madman's poo poo this week!

How the gently caress did Freo gain ground? Or did they just become even more Lyony?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Diet Crack posted:

How the gently caress did Freo gain ground? Or did they just become even more Lyony?
They were expected to lose by 40 points and only lost by 33, hence gained 7 in the ratings.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ah that makes more sense then.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Applecross WC. posted:

I'm not sure who they have to beat before people will admit they are a decent team. It was meant to be the dogs but it's looking like the dogs have been severely overrated because they are media darlings. It's funny how no one has really mentioned we were down a player for 3 quarters and Sam Wright also injured for most of the game.

smacking the hawks around should do it. i feel the roos are a bit like west coast last year, beating everyone in front of them and its the oppositions fault they keep losing

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

LeCras was running in front of Kennedy when he kicked the ball, LeCras ducked as it was kicked but there was a clear deflection, so the goal umpire requested a review as he thought Kennedy's kick was touched by a teammate.

They did the review and the ball clearly hit LeCras' heel but it also had clearly missed touching his back on the way through, so it should have been called a goal to LeCras. The review ump instead went back with Umpires call, which was originally touched so it counted as as a behind.

It's a bit of a waste of having a score review system when they can review a rare instance like this and still come up with the incorrect result because of the process they have in place.

e: the clip is up at http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-01/five-talking-points-west-coast-v-collingwood near the bottom of the article.

That's not a problem with the system or the process, though. The process is clear - check to see if there is evidence of a clear goal or a clear behind. If not, go with the umpire's call.

If it's clearly missed his back, then the third umpire should call it a goal. That's what the process says. If he's not sure that it's missed his back, then he can't overturn the umpire's decision, that would be stupid.

The footage in that link cuts off midway through the review but it's not 100% obvious to me that the ball hasn't slid up and clipped his back on the way through. Might have been clearer if the clip went longer though.

If it is clear, like you say, then the third umpire hosed up. Nothing to do with the process.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Applecross WC. posted:

I assume you mean somewhere else and not here, because they haven't been mentioned once in several pages here.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It didn't touch his back (you can still see the shadow of the ball and it never alters it's spin), but may have come off of his boot - which should be a goal anyway. No issue with the process though. It's a weird one to judge irrespective of what actually happened.

Lecca's dribble goal was way cooler anyway.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 1, 2016

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

It didn't touch his back (you can still see the shadow of the ball and it never alters it's spin), but may have come off of his boot - which should be a goal anyway. No issue with the process though. It's a weird one to judge irrespective of what actually happened.

It's probably a goal, but personally I like the fact that the thrid umpire decided it wasn't conclusive enough and said so instead of rolling the same footage back and forwards for three minutes expecting a different result before guessing. If you can't definitively tell from a run through of each available angle then don't get involved.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Diet Crack posted:

I dunno, kicking a goal from that far out by having it deflect off your boot would actually be pretty cool IMO.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
So do you think Hodgey actually eats Lite n Easy

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
I'd want to hit people if I had to survive on Lite n Easy.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I thought his endorsements had dried up after he stopped being the face of SALT ROOM

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I tried a Lite and Easy meal once reduced in price, and it was essentially like eating wet cardboard. I doubt it could've been remotely healthy for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Diet Crack posted:

I disagree, I don't think it's definite enough to overrule. From that footage it could possibly have touched his back. You do know that you can cast a shadow on a thing you're touching, right?

• Locked thread