Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

JakeP posted:

What are you talking about? How could you prove it to Kash, and of all people why would you prove it to Kash who is a player that is being scrutinized heavily already???

Kashuno made some comments in thread before discussion started about stuff that I am gonna make come through cuz I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

VivaNova posted:

Izzhov, could u quote the gaping behavioral [in]?consistency thing with quid please?

It was:

Quidnose posted:

Like for real I am the king of Socratic Annoyance "gotcha" bullshit and Jimson seriously trying that one a newbie is suspicious as all gently caress. Of course he's gonna get tripped up in it and look bad, why you forcing him to be that way, Jimson? His response is automatically nulltell and you're voting him.

The fact that he said not to do this but then he did it to me later. I think he gave a good explanation though.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Izzhov posted:

Agreed. It also looks like you're an easy clinch for today - a lot of people have been flinging poo poo your way without much justification beyond "lol effortposts r dum!"

My top 2 picks for today are Quidnose and P Mach. Quidnose has that gaping behavioral consistency I pointed out earlier which needs to be addressed, and when I look at votefinder their votes are all over the place without all that much justification. It looks like they're trying to jump on easy bandwagons. And P Mach still needs to explain that ridiculous hedging post she made awhile back.

Uh, what? What even is this? What gaping behavioral inconsistency are you referring to?

And are you referring to my numerous joke phase votes that I placed and voting during my reread? How is this different from what other people have been doing? Votefinder is a hot loving mess right now.

You wrote a ton of words about the reasons why you think I am scum, barely mentioned PMach, and then...don't drop a vote on me, who it is very apparent is your current top scum pick? You're not voting anyone, so this isn't a case of "I think Quid is probably scum but my current read is stronger." What are you waiting for, Izz?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

Kashuno made some comments in thread before discussion started about stuff that I am gonna make come through cuz I love him.

I still don't understand what you are saying, and if you have an ability that can prove you are town somehow I wouldn't use Kashuno to verify that

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Just so everyone knows. I AM THE SHERRIF OF THIS GAME.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Izzhov posted:

It was:

The fact that he said not to do this but then he did it to me later. I think he gave a good explanation though.

Did you miss my response to this, because you are pushing a narrative that is not the truth right now.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

I still don't understand what you are saying, and if you have an ability that can prove you are town somehow I wouldn't use Kashuno to verify that

I did an ocular assessment of the situation, garnered that he was not a security risk and I cleared him for passage.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Izzhov posted:

Ahhh ok, that's completely fair. I read TMM as doing the same thing earlier (distracting from AR by voting Jimson).

You did read it! Why are you pushing this again on this page? What the hell man.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Quidnose posted:

Uh, what? What even is this? What gaping behavioral inconsistency are you referring to?

And are you referring to my numerous joke phase votes that I placed and voting during my reread? How is this different from what other people have been doing? Votefinder is a hot loving mess right now.

You wrote a ton of words about the reasons why you think I am scum, barely mentioned PMach, and then...don't drop a vote on me, who it is very apparent is your current top scum pick? You're not voting anyone, so this isn't a case of "I think Quid is probably scum but my current read is stronger." What are you waiting for, Izz?

I was just trying to get you to respond to the post I quoted up there, which you did, and your response is believable, so I'm willing to accept it, for now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i feel pretty good about pmach as scum. The game I just played in with her she was pretty obviously town during day 1 and was obviously thinking critically about the goings on of the game. In this game she really feels like she is going with the flow, and is posting more about who is town than who is scum, which to me is a major scum tell

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think it's fairly loving shady that you chose to reiterate a stance you already stated you were wrong about for VivaNova instead of simply saying "Quid addressed it, I was wrong."

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Quidnose posted:

I think it's fairly loving shady that you chose to reiterate a stance you already stated you were wrong about for VivaNova instead of simply saying "Quid addressed it, I was wrong."

Sorry I'm trying to give players more information to work off of, lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Izzhov posted:

Sorry I'm trying to give players more information to work off of, lol

Again, what information would that be?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don't think izzhov is scum.

Jimson posted:

Jimson posted:

Just so everyone knows. I AM THE SHERRIF OF THIS GAME.

Jimson posted:

I did an ocular assessment of the situation, garnered that he was not a security risk and I cleared him for passage.

:what:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Quidnose posted:

Again, what information would that be?

The answer to Viva's question?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

That doesn't do anything for you though. Like you suggested the idea as like a "Don't lynch me and I will prove I am town tonight!" But if you try to prove something through Kash it won't convince anyone, I don't think anyone strongly feels Kash is scum, and more people in fact find him scummy than town (my assessment).

It would be too weird for this to be a scum gambit between you and Kash, so I don't think thats the case, but like if you are town, and you can prove you are town through another player, you should go through a player that the thread trusts as town, not one that you do

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I don't think izzhov is scum.

:what:

Me.saying I am in the sherriff is not a role claim. It is a joke from a tv show thats to cool for you.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

I don't think anyone strongly feels Kash is town

mafia edit

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

JakeP posted:

That doesn't do anything for you though. Like you suggested the idea as like a "Don't lynch me and I will prove I am town tonight!" But if you try to prove something through Kash it won't convince anyone, I don't think anyone strongly feels Kash is scum, and more people in fact find him scummy than town (my assessment).

It would be too weird for this to be a scum gambit between you and Kash, so I don't think thats the case, but like if you are town, and you can prove you are town through another player, you should go through a player that the thread trusts as town, not one that you do

The only problem with this is that the most trusted towns are also the biggest NK targets.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Sherrif of Paddys

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel that way, Jake.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

mafia edit

I do.

Me proving it if I am able will not be a good thing for kash if he IS scum. Honestly it won't even be super great for town unless used right.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am intrigued.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Alright I gotta go to a meeting now. If P Mach still hasn't responded by the time I get back I'm voting for her.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I am intrigued.

Read ur post history and you'll figure it out. I BELIEVE IN U

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Izzhov posted:

Alright I gotta go to a meeting now. If P Mach still hasn't responded by the time I get back I'm voting for her.

Izzhov don't go. I'll miss you.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Izzhov posted:

The only problem with this is that the most trusted towns are also the biggest NK targets.

Sometimes but my point still stands

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Read ur post history and you'll figure it out. I BELIEVE IN U

even I don't want to read my post history bro.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

I do.

Me proving it if I am able will not be a good thing for kash if he IS scum. Honestly it won't even be super great for town unless used right.

maybe you are missing my point, but if you prove to a person people think is town that you are town, then people can believe that person you are town and eliminate you as a suspect

Proving to a player people think is scum doesn't convince the thread you are town, and in fact if that player flips scum you will look even worse

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

even I don't want to read my post history bro.

Cuz ur posting is rear end but if we gotta suffer through it so do you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

maybe you are missing my point, but if you prove to a person people think is town that you are town, then people can believe that person you are town and eliminate you as a suspect

Proving to a player people think is scum doesn't convince the thread you are town, and in fact if that player flips scum you will look even worse

Yeah I agree with Jake. I don't really understand why you would choose me as the person to prove it to

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

Idk how to phrase it with out being a target. My effect is a global effect on everyone of you poo poo lords. Not neccesarily good for kash. It's just something Kashuno said might happen.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol whatever i'll be interested to see how it plays out tomorrow no more reason to discuss it today

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
jimson i can't stop reading your posts in mac's voice now

what have you done

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if it is very underwhelming though I will think you are scum though for sure. I mean the way you describe it you should basically be confirmed town tomorrow as per your promise "If you let me live today I will confirm myself as town to Kash tomorrow"

Its so defensive and survival minded, like you just need to get through this lynch! even though you aren't quite close to that threshold. Basically if its something that isn't even close to confirming you as town then you are probably certainly scum

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

jimson i can't stop reading your posts in mac's voice now

what have you done

Oh no, we'd have to kill the kids cause they've seen our faces

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i dont think izzhov is a scumbo but i do think she's a dumbo

i'mma ##vote propaganda machine

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Hello, I'm awake

Kash that's a pretty bad case because I pretty much said that I had no pings from the people that were getting the most heat, it's not like you're coming to some revelation on that matter.

Also I'm not loving hedging on Jimson I straight up said I don't like the votes on him because of his completely different playstyle. I continue to not like the votes. The people that I didn't like (Glowku and Azuth) are not shining balls of activity and content, Glowku still needs to catch up and Azuth literally just came in to snipe. Nothing looks particularly town about them at all.

Add to that there's 300 posts with new poo poo that has happened completely different from prior to me sleeping which I'm going over now. I literally play the same town game every game so I'm not going to whip up some bullshit rear end case if it's nothing more than a gut read. I work best from being defensive and then I play pretty offensive once I see certain tells, so thanks for revving the engine mate :11tea:

Don't whine about failing a snipe :colbert:. Its day 1 literally the whole day is basically worthless :justpost: and enjoy. The game doesn't even start until day 2.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Izzov is cool and seems very geniune in her posts so I think she's not scum, though I agree that PMach's defense of her seemed very hungry to get town cred

would be down to vote pmach when we get closer to deadline since I haven't really put much effort into forming opinions yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I need to get used to just periodically checking this thread every 10-15 minutes instead of waiting a couple hours and then reading all the posts in one go cause i dont want to re-read that much again

• Locked thread