Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Gaming-related forums have opened my eyes to there apparently being thousands of people across all titles and genres who totally lack the threshold for "well whatever, it's a video game" and are just completely unable to let things go.

Video games are perfectly worth taking seriously, just, y'know, not in the way a whole lot of people do. The amount of energy people waste getting angry about how someone plays Dark Souls and whether or not they summon help or not is baffling to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Gaming-related forums have opened my eyes to there apparently being thousands of people across all titles and genres who totally lack the threshold for "well whatever, it's a video game" and are just completely unable to let things go.

the game of being right, well, it's the most thrilling game there is

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
internet videogame forums/comment sections are just such ugly loving places in general, jesus christ

like worse than Normal Internet levels of ugly I mean

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

internet videogame forums/comment sections are just such ugly loving places in general, jesus christ

No they aren't. Go to any comments section.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Looper posted:

the game of being right, well, it's the most thrilling game there is

Lol this guy thinks dark souls is thrilling.

I'm so thrilled at the i-frames and the super armor!

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Harrow posted:

The amount of energy people waste getting angry about how someone plays Dark Souls and whether or not they summon help or not is baffling to me.

A lot of it is not so much being angry as "i am better at video games therefore i am a better person" as well. Mental health awareness.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Could we get a word filter for "git gud" that replaces it with, "please try again! You're capable of achieving great things as long as you persist :kiddo:"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just saw a $220 PSP bundle at walmart. :psyduck:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Have you ever read a comment on, well, any news article?

FutonForensic posted:

Could we get a word filter for "git gud" that replaces it with, "please try again! You're capable of achieving great things as long as you persist :kiddo:"

:yeah:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tenzarin posted:

Dude, why do you give a poo poo? :colbert:

Harrow posted:

Video games are perfectly worth taking seriously, just, y'know, not in the way a whole lot of people do. The amount of energy people waste getting angry about how someone plays Dark Souls and whether or not they summon help or not is baffling to me.

Amen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FutonForensic posted:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Dude, why do you give a poo poo? :colbert:

Amen.

Go play your perfect The Division, Zaphod!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Nothin' wrong with i-frames and superarmor as defensive tools.

Did you try out the Nioh demo? It's much less about dodging i-frames and it was really fun.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Don't respond to Tenzarin.

He thinks ZOE sucks.

So he sucks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Shindragon posted:

He thinks ZOE sucks.

So he sucks.

ZOE1 does suck. Go have fun with the game sold with a mgs2 demo too sell more! Also the MGS2 demo was way more fun.

Harrow posted:

Nothin' wrong with i-frames and superarmor as defensive tools.

Did you try out the Nioh demo? It's much less about dodging i-frames and it was really fun.

Would require me to plug in the ps4.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

I really loving wish that wasn't time limited, I played that demo way too damned much.

Although I think I was running out of things to do after I killed boss 2 without getting hit, using only hammers on low stance.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Tenzarin posted:

ZOE1 does suck.

Nah, you just suck. Because all you do is poo poo on games.

How about you post something you like playing instead. Maybe this can be the one thread a goon doesn't bitch about games.

:colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Look how we've got the whole thread singing Kumbaya and getting along and then in comes Tenzarin to tell everybody their opinions and tastes are poo poo.

Thanks dude, but please get a life.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phantasium posted:

I really loving wish that wasn't time limited, I played that demo way too damned much.

Although I think I was running out of things to do after I killed boss 2 without getting hit, using only hammers on low stance.

It was a very successful demo, in that it got me hyped for a game that I was only vaguely interested in before.

I hope it comes out this year as planned and isn't delayed :ohdear:

Shindragon posted:

He thinks ZOE sucks.

So he sucks.

He also hates Bloodborne, a thing I cannot abide, but I respond anyway.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Look how we've got the whole thread singing Kumbaya and getting along and then in comes Tenzarin to tell everybody their opinions and tastes are poo poo.

Thanks dude, but please get a life.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I see it is business as usual in the Games Chat Thread. I haven't been playing many games lately, but I'm still very very slowly getting through Bravely Second. Really, I'm just updating my moon village and then closing the 3DS again until I open it again. Bravely Second: Moon Village Simulator.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FactsAreUseless posted:

The comments section on local news sites own cause they are filled with trolls and the 3 people that fall for them on every article.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

n-no looper, sometimes the only winning move is not to play...

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well, I see it is business as usual in the Games Chat Thread. I haven't been playing many games lately, but I'm still very very slowly getting through Bravely Second. Really, I'm just updating my moon village and then closing the 3DS again until I open it again. Bravely Second: Moon Village Simulator.

welcome back, The 8-Bit Scholar

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvgB1v3vxio

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
^^^^ It feels weirdly fetishistic to have a slick driving game where a robot lady constantly criticizes your performance the whole race.

Looper posted:

welcome back, The 8-Bit Scholar

Glad to be back, Kirby.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-OwcGtGkFk

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Normal goon: this 80s inspired racing game looks pretty cool

8bs: I wanna gently caress the car :fap:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This is cool, but how many 80s retrowave racing games do we really need? Its almost turning into a genre at this point.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

^^^^ It feels weirdly fetishistic to have a slick driving game where a robot lady constantly criticizes your performance the whole race.

Where did you learn to fly!?! (10 points to griffindor if anybody recognizes this line)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

This is cool, but how many 80s retrowave racing games do we really need? Its almost turning into a genre at this point.
Well, there's Drift Stage and there's Power Drive 2000 and then there's uninspired trash that pretends to be Outrun for some reason, but fails to capture any of the vast number of things that make Outrun good.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

That last one is kind of a genre, right?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

yeah, the comments sections on basically any news site are full of retarded or even actually hateful garbage, in the few places that still have comments

Broseph Brostar posted:

The comments section on local news sites own cause they are filled with trolls and the 3 people that fall for them on every article.
or that of course

Zaphod42 posted:

That's usually Stux's job, so I'm glad he got someone to cover the other shift

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I read, somewhere, that Final Fantasy 9 is basically a rip off of Dragonball Z. Who could possibly think that? Hm?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Distance isn't even an '80s anything, it's a tribute to Tron.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Where did you learn to fly!?! (10 points to griffindor if anybody recognizes this line)

Isn't that from some lovely Jaguar flight game?

Also where is my Rad Racer III, square :argh:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
initial D, my father put an F1 ENGINE IN MY FORD TAURUS!

Drifting is the highest form of racing and fast and the furious movies.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Phantasium posted:

You mean ridge racer.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

You mean ridge racer.

Also acceptable! Rage Racer and R4 are fun as heck.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Mario Kart actually has some good drifting too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Winner Winner, chicken dinner :)

Phantasium posted:

Also acceptable! Rage Racer and R4 are fun as heck.

They re-did carmageddon (although it probably sucked?) when are we gonna get another ROAD RASH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Glad to be back, Kirby.

look out though because those TRANS DEVIANTS might be IN THIS VERY THREAD!!!!

• Locked thread