Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
If it helps here is what mine looks like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

We lefties occasionally get some swanky stuff. :hfive:

reverb.com is a loving godsend.

peter gabriel posted:

I really like that, very cool

the coolest part was it was $350 with a case...shipped. :D

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chinatown posted:

the coolest part was it was $350 with a case...shipped. :D

That's just amazing, nice one :)

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Just ordered my first new guitar in 20 years. A PRS SE Ace Signature. Nearly £300 off rrp. But of an impulse buy but my old Pacifica is dying.

http://www.prsguitarseurope.com/2015/05/new-ace-skunk-anansie-se-signature-exclusive-to-europe/

The bird is an optional sticker!

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Nice, you gonna bird it?
My mate in a crossover thrash band had never had a "nice" guitar before, just 2nd hand beaters until he went guitar shopping for his 25th birthday, of all the things he could have picked for the music he plays the PRS SE won out and years down the line its still going strong and sounds amazing.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Not sure.

EDIT. Wife has spoken. I'm birding it.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 9, 2016

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The proper route to take in regards to PRS guitars is to maximize the birds on the wood. The actual secret to the PRS sound is the level of tonebirds they squeeze into each instrument. An extra sticker should push it over the edge and give you everything from "haunting squawks" in the mid range to a nice chirp in the top end.

As a PRS S2 owner I am jealous of your extra bird and support it fully.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A DVD INTO THE SLOT. ITS JOE BONAMASSA LIVE FROM THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER ON MY FLAME MAPLE 10-TOP MCCARTY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME DADLY BLUES LICK OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY JAMMED THE GALAXIES MOST BLOOZY RIFFS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE AT MY FIRM AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE LAWYERS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS WHO STILL LISTEN TO CRAP LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER. AND IVE LEARNED ALL HIS LICKS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY MCMANSION LESS LONELY BY PLAYING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007
Just ordered this guy.
Have wanted one of these since before I even picked up a guitar 30 years ago.

Cheesy as gently caress and I don't care.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

meatcookie posted:

Just ordered this guy.

Hell yes

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

meatcookie posted:

Just ordered this guy.

Cheesy Classy as gently caress and I don't care.

FTFY

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Rhoads are sick. Even the Edgelord-appointed ones

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I got a Digitech Ventura Vibe

It's nice, it does leslie rotary stuff which is what I wanted it for, but it does lots more too.

Nice quality, sounds good.

I also got a TC Spark booster because I don't sometimes want distortion, more of a clean valve sound breaking up and it does it so well

Overall happy with both but the Vibe will be used sparingly, it does does a creepily good version of the Led Zep sound from No Quarter and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds too

Oddly both these pedals do something cool when you keep your foot on them, the Vibe speeds the effect up to max if you keep pressing down and the TC Spark you can leave off and just keep your foot on to activate, and step off to de activate

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've been GASing for Digitech stuff lately. Their new stuff seems to have knocked it out of the park. I don't even use Leslie/Vibrato or Synth sounds but I really want a Ventura and Dirty Robot. I honestly think it's half due to the fact that they just look awesome.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

meatcookie posted:

Just ordered this guy.

One of my friends used to have one of these as a teenager and he sold it and went for a les paul because he found it to be too twangy

I don't have the heart to tell him it was probably just because the RR3 came with the JB/Jazz combo which is known for sounding really trebly and twangy to some people and that it was probably fine

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

I got a Digitech Ventura Vibe

It's nice, it does leslie rotary stuff which is what I wanted it for, but it does lots more too.

Nice quality, sounds good.

I also got a TC Spark booster because I don't sometimes want distortion, more of a clean valve sound breaking up and it does it so well

Overall happy with both but the Vibe will be used sparingly, it does does a creepily good version of the Led Zep sound from No Quarter and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds too

Oddly both these pedals do something cool when you keep your foot on them, the Vibe speeds the effect up to max if you keep pressing down and the TC Spark you can leave off and just keep your foot on to activate, and step off to de activate

I've wanted a decent vibrato since forever, and one that does Leslie sounds as well is totally my poo poo. This may be the thing next paycheck.

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

Shugojin posted:

One of my friends used to have one of these as a teenager and he sold it and went for a les paul because he found it to be too twangy

I don't have the heart to tell him it was probably just because the RR3 came with the JB/Jazz combo which is known for sounding really trebly and twangy to some people and that it was probably fine

It might also have been the string gauge... I recently switched from 9's to 11's on my SG and found it to be a remarkable difference. Once the V comes in, my SG's going to be permanently tuned to C. (Or maybe open G or D for slide)

To be honest, I'd really prefer this one in flat black instead of satin grey, and rear-routed instead of a pickguard and without the white binding on the neck but it was either go with this or do a custom build and I'm saving my custom build for my lefty Explorer for Xmas.

@ a winner is jew and peter gabriel... thanks, yay I'm not the only 'pointy 80's metal guitars' fan here, woo!

meatcookie fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 11, 2016

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Got the EHX LBP-1 booster, MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter, DigiTech Bass Whammy, and AXS III Road Buddy board all at about the same time. This is just the whammy and compressor. The Road Buddy's case definitely saves time during setup and breakdown.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Allen Wren posted:

I've wanted a decent vibrato since forever, and one that does Leslie sounds as well is totally my poo poo. This may be the thing next paycheck.

It's good, I was looking at Hughes and Kettner Rotospheres, those are the grand daddies of leslie sounds, but they are expensive and only do that one thing, but do it very very well.
The Ventura Vibe has it all in there, but like some pedals you have to sit with it and really spend some time dialling sounds in - because you are in that area of effects here where it can sound very lovely very easily.
It comes with some suggested settings and some of them are just so spot on, it's a quality pedal when you do get the sound you want.

Edit: Just to add, the vibrato I use is a Electro Harmonix Stereo Pulsar, I love that so don't think I have the Vibe for vibrato, I haven't really played with that side of it yet, it could be poo poo - I doubt it but I can't vouch for it yet, the leslie sounds I can though.

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 11, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Got the EHX LBP-1 booster, MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter, DigiTech Bass Whammy, and AXS III Road Buddy board all at about the same time. This is just the whammy and compressor. The Road Buddy's case definitely saves time during setup and breakdown.

Polytune 2 crew checking in

SineRider
Oct 10, 2012

Come on die young
Just got this sucker a few days ago

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A Squier bass VI?
Those are staggering value for money

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

SineRider posted:

Does that sound allright through a guitar-amp or do you need a bass amp?

SineRider
Oct 10, 2012

Come on die young

peter gabriel posted:

A Squier bass VI?
Those are staggering value for money

Seriously, it was really cheap for what you get. Build quality feels nice too!

Pondex posted:

Does that sound allright through a guitar-amp or do you need a bass amp?

I'm not really sure to be honest. I don't own a bass amp to compare them right now. I've been playing it through my peavy studio pro 112 which I just use as a practice amp. It sounds fine on it, although I rolled off the bass just to be safe. I've been playing it more like a guitar than a bass anyways ;)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

SineRider posted:

Seriously, it was really cheap for what you get. Build quality feels nice too!

The Squier line that sells in the 300-400 USD range is super good value for the money, it's nutso given the stuff at the bottom of the Squier range.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shugojin posted:

The Squier line that sells in the 300-400 USD range is super good value for the money, it's nutso given the stuff at the bottom of the Squier range.

My weird-rear end squier bigsby tele is in the same price range and I love it. Really tempted by the Bass VI, but I'm also tempted to just get a regular cheap bass at half the price, since I don't have prior bass experience. Or an amp.

Or maybe I just buy a POG2 when I want to make bass noises?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Allen Wren posted:

My weird-rear end squier bigsby tele is in the same price range and I love it. Really tempted by the Bass VI, but I'm also tempted to just get a regular cheap bass at half the price, since I don't have prior bass experience. Or an amp.

Or maybe I just buy a POG2 when I want to make bass noises?

Get a real bass, they're the coolest. Squier VM P or J is the best new bang for your buck by a mile, and there are always good used basses available for patient people.

Or have someone custom build one for you, that's totally cost effective.

9 1/2 pounds of awesomeness. He did the initial build today, and started the ramp. Super cool.

Sounds like he will be applying the finish soon, and it could be ready to ship as early as the end of next week. I'm going to blister the gently caress out of my fingers playing this thing over the holiday weekend :black101:

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

The Rotosphere is the newest thing -- not pictured beneath is a Decibel11 Split Personality, controlled by MIDI to route to my two amps (one of the amps is new as well - a Randall Commander which sounds really fantastic for solid state). Oh and a lot of cables and crap I had made for this thing. Plenty of room still for the 3 other pedals on the list (and a tuner) but none of them are essential really, except the tuner. As you can see, the Rotosphere is loving gigantic but it sounds really, really nice

Oh and the 4-bay patcher for 3 outs to the amps, and one is the input from the guitar

Schlieren fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 12, 2016

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

SineRider posted:

Woah. I just got this in the mail. Spooky.

Two questions for fellow Bass VI owner(s): Is the bass choke active when up, like the pickups? Is your low E unusually loose? Mine is crazy bendy, not sure if the strings are stock.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Got a cool new Ibanez Talman!

I guess you can only get this color combo at Guitar Center, otherwise it's just Red and Seafoam Green. Sounds like a Tele, plays like a cross between an Ibanez and a Fender. It's small and very light. Needed some fret end attention like all factory instruments do, and I'll be getting a set of Nordstrand NVT A3 pickups put in ASAP, but it's so nice. Makes me play substantially differently than my RGA121 which was the point.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
God dammit guys. So much good stuff on this page. GASing so hard right now.

SO HARD.

SineRider
Oct 10, 2012

Come on die young

Nebraska Tim posted:

Two questions for fellow Bass VI owner(s): Is the bass choke active when up, like the pickups? Is your low E unusually loose? Mine is crazy bendy, not sure if the strings are stock.

Hahah wow that's pretty crazy! Yes the bass chokes are active when they are in the up position. I did notice my low E seems pretty loose as well. I still have everything stock from when I got it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Schlieren posted:

The Rotosphere is the newest thing -- not pictured beneath is a Decibel11 Split Personality, controlled by MIDI to route to my two amps (one of the amps is new as well - a Randall Commander which sounds really fantastic for solid state). Oh and a lot of cables and crap I had made for this thing. Plenty of room still for the 3 other pedals on the list (and a tuner) but none of them are essential really, except the tuner. As you can see, the Rotosphere is loving gigantic but it sounds really, really nice

Oh and the 4-bay patcher for 3 outs to the amps, and one is the input from the guitar

If you just got that off ebay, sorry for bidding against you :v:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

My life is complete. '70 L-5 CES. It's only down from here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CaseFace McGee posted:

Get a real bass, they're the coolest. Squier VM P or J is the best new bang for your buck by a mile, and there are always good used basses available for patient people.

What about the SQ VM Jag bass?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

What about the SQ VM Jag bass?

I hear they're similarly solid as the rest of the VM line. (The standard scale ones at least of which I think they've stopped making for some reason?)

Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe

Nebraska Tim posted:

SineRider posted:

Bass VI represent

E is a bit loose as well. Considering upping the gauge on string change

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Decayed posted:

Bass VI represent

E is a bit loose as well. Considering upping the gauge on string change

This dude has a few videos where he tinkers with that squier VI. He has some info about string-gauge IIRC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNJfiS_zU6c

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

monolithburger posted:

I hear they're similarly solid as the rest of the VM line. (The standard scale ones at least of which I think they've stopped making for some reason?)

I've never seen one in the wild, but I'm sure it is similar quality to other VMs. It would be a shame if they stopped making them, I had a blast noodling with a Fender Jag bass a few years ago, flipping all those switches and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

CaseFace McGee posted:

I've never seen one in the wild, but I'm sure it is similar quality to other VMs. It would be a shame if they stopped making them, I had a blast noodling with a Fender Jag bass a few years ago, flipping all those switches and such.

The ugly short scale version seems unfortunately abundant, but drat the black/tort/matching headstock/full scale model is the sexiest bass' I've ever seen.