Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CrashCat posted:

look if someone wants to dump a pile of sugar and tomato paste on their processed meat byproduct who am I to stop them

Is that really how they do circumcision??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

axleblaze posted:

I envy you. Circumcision, like gun control, the Mid East and ketchup on hot dogs, is a topic that the Internet is incapable of having a sane conversation about.,

if you put ketchup on hotdogs just smdh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

CJacobs posted:

doom update: I am now playing Doom 2 and it's good also. I own Doom 3 because I got it for like 4 bucks during a sale several years ago but I heard it was bad so I never played it. Should I play it?

doom 3 is the best doom game by virtue of not being a boring slog thru the same thing over and over

MinibarMatchman posted:

"Wild Guns remake" sounds like the kind of obviously fake poo poo you'd put on a dream leak for E3 but here we are, holy poo poo.

the ps4 has now given us a revived last guardian, a ff7 remake, shenmue 3 and a wild guns remake. truely the greatest console ever made

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

axleblaze posted:

I envy you. Circumcision, like gun control, the Mid East and ketchup on hot dogs, is a topic that the Internet is incapable of having a sane conversation about.,

Circumcision is kind of hosed up if you think about it. Unless your religion thinks God wants your dick cut up, I don't really see why it's basically standard procedure in the U.S. Although it does apparently make it harder for you to contract HIV so...silver lining!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Circumcision is kind of hosed up if you think about it. Unless your religion thinks God wants your dick cut up, I don't really see why it's basically standard procedure in the U.S. Although it does apparently make it harder for you to contract HIV so...silver lining!

stop posting

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Civ/Cities: Skylines/management type games, I just started playing Tropico 5 on ps4. Or as I call it "Fidel Castro-Abraham Lincoln Friendship Simulator". Obviously it's the sort of game better suited to a mouse+keyboard style interface, but they did a pretty good job making it accessible with a controller. The economic and political aspects of the game are pretty fun, but military conflict is basically terrible and unfun. And while you can set the difficulty for Economy and Politics independently, there are no difficulty options for military what so ever.

You can't control you own military, and you can't build anything while in combat. So really you just have to "hurry up and wait". It's baffeling they decided that you should have to watch passively for several minutes, even at the fasted gamespeed, while you can't do anything, and if you are losing, well, that's game over. Like one time, I changed my military to "Professional army" which requires a highschool education for soldiers. So my entire army disappeard while new people went to school to join the army. Well the was a rebel uprising right then, and 2 squad of rebels just slowly destroyed my entire city and gave me a game over, and it's ocmpletely non-interactive. you just sit there and watch, on fastforward, as they destroy buildings borribly slowly. Like if it's completely deterministic and I can't do anything while it's happening, why does it take so long? Why do they throw molotives at a bulding for 10 minutes to destroy it? Even the battles you win are tediously slow. I've got 6 tanks and six guard towers shooting at a dozen infantry for several minutes at the fastest game speed and I just have to wait to finally win. In an otherwise really cool game, this is the most loving baffling game design decision.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stux posted:

stop posting

no u

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Snak posted:

Speaking of Civ/Cities: Skylines/management type games, I just started playing Tropico 5 on ps4. Or as I call it "Fidel Castro-Abraham Lincoln Friendship Simulator". Obviously it's the sort of game better suited to a mouse+keyboard style interface, but they did a pretty good job making it accessible with a controller. The economic and political aspects of the game are pretty fun, but military conflict is basically terrible and unfun. And while you can set the difficulty for Economy and Politics independently, there are no difficulty options for military what so ever.

You can't control you own military, and you can't build anything while in combat. So really you just have to "hurry up and wait". It's baffeling they decided that you should have to watch passively for several minutes, even at the fasted gamespeed, while you can't do anything, and if you are losing, well, that's game over. Like one time, I changed my military to "Professional army" which requires a highschool education for soldiers. So my entire army disappeard while new people went to school to join the army. Well the was a rebel uprising right then, and 2 squad of rebels just slowly destroyed my entire city and gave me a game over, and it's ocmpletely non-interactive. you just sit there and watch, on fastforward, as they destroy buildings borribly slowly. Like if it's completely deterministic and I can't do anything while it's happening, why does it take so long? Why do they throw molotives at a bulding for 10 minutes to destroy it? Even the battles you win are tediously slow. I've got 6 tanks and six guard towers shooting at a dozen infantry for several minutes at the fastest game speed and I just have to wait to finally win. In an otherwise really cool game, this is the most loving baffling game design decision.

wow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad for my friend, Stux

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Of course you'd be against removing parts of dicks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

go back 2 reddit

Baal posted:

I'm glad for my friend, Stux

thank u friend

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Junpei Hyde posted:

Of course you'd be against removing parts of dicks.

Please don't mutilate anybody's genitals thanks

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Gotta agree with Stux here mate. Shut up about circumcision

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Would you consider people who get circumcised to be suffering from mental illness and delusions?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

stop posting

Lead by example :)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
There is a poo poo load of good bits in this Eurogamer expose on Lionhead. Stuff about Fable 4, how much Fable Legends ended up costing and then getting canceled. More confirmation that Milo was just one big parlor trick...

But most important are the memories:

quote:

In 2003 the Lionhead culture manifested itself in what is perhaps peak Lionhead: canal jumping.

Near The Britannia Pub is a canal linked to the River Wey. The canal is wide enough for boats to pass through it. It's not meant for people to jump across. And yet, in 2003, that's exactly what a couple of people at Lionhead tried to do. One of them ended up in hospital after smashing his face on the other side. "This was before we were acquired by Microsoft," Peter says. "Microsoft HR wouldn't have been up for any of that poo poo."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please mutilate my genitals

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

You can beg better than that

I wanna hear you beg for it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

axleblaze posted:

Lead by example :)

glad to see u would rather i stop posting than the known awful bigot 8BS

8-Bit Scholar posted:

how much do u agree with this statement out of 10: diversity is a codeword for white genocide

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

8-Bit Scholar posted:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Actually I want both of you not to post equally

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zombies' Downfall posted:

two great tastes.... but NOT together.

This thread ain't big enough for the two of us

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

axleblaze posted:

typical liberal.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

VoidBurger posted:

Online and off!

(big letters) luc besson

morgan freeman: the average man uses only 10% of his penis' functions

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Baal posted:

I charge a flat rate of £200. £400 if you want it slow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Na naa nananana Katamari Damacy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

I was hoping we would take the hot dog ketchup tangent but nope we had to go careering down this road

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I can't tell if your "wow" is in response to my typo-ridden stream of consciousness rant, or the game's biggest flaw.

Literally outside of that, the game is really cool.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGKTvQc9P9c

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

I was hoping we would take the hot dog ketchup tangent but nope we had to go careering down this road

Fine

I like pineapple on pizza well enough but I used to work at dominos and people would put that poo poo on everything. Like I can understand pineapple and Han but pineapple and olives with BBQ sauce? Get the gently caress outta here!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CrashCat posted:

I never really got that one. I like my hot dog with ketchup, mustard, and relish on it. Kinda the full deal. Every time I go to costco, there's that dread, that "ugh I have to go down all those aisles and I'm going to spend so much money on all this poo poo I apparently need" but then I remember the dollar hot dogs at the end with all the fixings and get really happy.

Also I kinda want to see 8bs get into it with someone about circumcision in the chat thread for the inevitable probie, but I really don't feel like ever talking about it again in my lifetime.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Snak posted:

I can't tell if your "wow" is in response to my typo-ridden stream of consciousness rant, or the game's biggest flaw.

Literally outside of that, the game is really cool.

The latter

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A video game being cool? Hm, you don't say. Next you'll tell the sky is blue, that Chris Evans is handsome, that Steve Blum is an amazing voice actor.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If I'm eating hot dogs I'm goin for chili dogs, if I want something with carefully curated toppings and "authenticity" I prefer a good sausage instead of a hot dog anyway

Hot dogs are not too good for ketchup but a hot dog on a bun with just ketchup is a real six year old's food

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like my hot dogs real simple. On a bun with ketchup and mustard, if I have the baby pickle slices I might throw those in there too.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Baal posted:

I like my hot dogs real simple. On a bun with ketchup and mustard, if I have the baby pickle slices I might throw those in there too.

Respectable.

I'll also do chili dogs from time to time, they're decent. No onions though. On anything except bagels.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sakurazuka posted:

30cm 3mm, huh. Not very exciting is it?

Let's see what you rolled up...

78% mutilated genitals

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I've put mayo on hot dogs before

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
im in england so a hot dog is a regular normal sausuage, charred to a crisp on a bbq, thrown intot a bun and drowned in ketchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

All you people going on about Hot Dogs do realise that bestiality is illegal, right?

• Locked thread