Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

get a job op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

RobattoJesus posted:

The difference between millennials and the other generations is that the other generations thought it was hilarious that the older generation thought they were loving retards, whereas millennials actually give a poo poo about whether or not we like them.

loving lol

someone post the time magazine cover that had me shaking i was so mad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I think the real divider is whether or not you text during meals.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
I don't know about anybody else, but I hate millennials because they're stupid enough to think retarded usernames like "ants on my cum rag" are cool and stylishly offensive.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Harrower posted:

Millennials are the worst because they haven't had to do anything hard in their entire lives and human beings are worthless without adversity.

I agree but that applies to every generation since WW2 and it's such a broad brush that it doesn't apply to individuals anyway. At least millenials are part of the future and not that dreadfully boring half of the 20th century.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the boring half of the 20th century was a great time to be alive the entire time. if you were white. in the united states. where does "interesting life" rank on maslow's hierarchy of needs again?

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Millennials will usher in the age of the Singularity

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My job has a lot of boomers, which means a lot of people are retiring.

Which means the type of job that Millennials claim doesn't exist anymore is hiring like crazy. To the point they had to greatly expand their training department so they could hire more people at a time to replace all the people retiring. The people at my work come from all walks of life, and its very diverse. It is a stable job, that people stay in for 30+ years.

Yet surprisingly few Millennials apply, and those that do often don't stay long. I guess it doesn't mesh well with a group of people that see no point in trying to pass drug tests, get a driver's license, be on time consistently, or make steady long-term career plans. Its all about the here and now, what can my job do for me, why is XYZ such a big deal, etc. Meanwhile older people get hired and basically stay as long as possible before their bodies break down into dust so they can earn enough of a retirement to actually enjoy a few moments of life outside of work before the sweet release of the death. People are getting hired at 63 and busting their rear end to get vested, and yet in spite of being :corsair: and having to answer to a supervisor less than half their age, they still do it and show up to work on time every day.

But ultimately this probably isn't so much a Millennial vs Boomer thing as it is a life experience thing. People tend to have different attitudes about work/career in their first job vs their last over the course of their life. My wife noticed this too; she's been working since she was 13 years old and when she got hired after finishing grad school at 25 it was far from her first job. However, several of her co workers had never worked a day in their life that wasn't an internship or something up to that point. Even though they were all in their mid-twenties their attitudes and outlooks were wildly different.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
"Fighting for equal rights" by posting on the Internet!!!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

ants on my cum rag posted:

"Millenials are the worst generation ever"

To anyone who agrees with that statement, gently caress you. Why have we suddenly become the worst people in the world? Because we weren't drafted in some loving war? We went to your Iraq and Afghanistan wars too but instead all we got was a pat on the back and a crippled vet bill. We aren't brave? We don't do anything? At what point do you think fighting for gay, transsexual and equal rights is doing nothing? We aren't obsessed with ourselves. We're not staring at our phones, we're communicating with others. You think posting selfies is narcissistic? Try fellating yourself non stop 24/7 over how you or the generation before you was the "greatest generation ever". Jesus Christ is that ever the most pathetic thing. We aren't "antisocial". You're the people talking about renting some loving log cabin out in the middle of nowhere. How antisocial can you get? Generation X can kiss my rear end too. YOU did nothing. You found out how to steal music, at the most. You have literally accomplished nothing and are a generation of middlemen. Boomers can also go gently caress themselves but a little harder. You crashed the housing market and hosed the economy up and have the nerve to tell us that things were different back in your day but should also be the same when we're somehow finding difficulty with the job market.

Yeah but I hate well off successful young people.

They just don't have the working class grit of stacking shelves before going to home jack off and play wow

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Panfilo posted:

Which means the type of job that Millennials claim doesn't exist anymore is hiring like crazy. To the point they had to greatly expand their training department so they could hire more people at a time to replace all the people retiring. The people at my work come from all walks of life, and its very diverse. It is a stable job, that people stay in for 30+ years.

Yet surprisingly few Millennials apply, and those that do often don't stay long. I guess it doesn't mesh well with a group of people that see no point in trying to pass drug tests, get a driver's license, be on time consistently, or make steady long-term career plans. Its all about the here and now, what can my job do for me, why is XYZ such a big deal, etc. Meanwhile older people get hired and basically stay as long as possible before their bodies break down into dust so they can earn enough of a retirement to actually enjoy a few moments of life outside of work before the sweet release of the death. People are getting hired at 63 and busting their rear end to get vested, and yet in spite of being :corsair: and having to answer to a supervisor less than half their age, they still do it and show up to work on time every day.

But ultimately this probably isn't so much a Millennial vs Boomer thing as it is a life experience thing. People tend to have different attitudes about work/career in their first job vs their last over the course of their life. My wife noticed this too; she's been working since she was 13 years old and when she got hired after finishing grad school at 25 it was far from her first job. However, several of her co workers had never worked a day in their life that wasn't an internship or something up to that point. Even though they were all in their mid-twenties their attitudes and outlooks were wildly different.

tl;dr

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lost Canyoneer posted:

I don't know about anybody else, but I hate millennials because they're stupid enough to think retarded usernames like "ants on my cum rag" are cool and stylishly offensive.

To be fair he probably just did that thing where when someone asks you to come up with a username and you say the first thing you see.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

noctambulous nebab posted:

that's giving millennials a lot of credit. achieving the singularity is assumed to be p difficult brh

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

that's giving millennials a lot of credit. achieving the singularity is assumed to be p difficult brh

It's not a choice. They are products of the internet and instant gratification, they are the realization of those things. The last men. Ultimate nihilism. An ideal perfected, that has reached its forgone conclusion.

Not the singularity but the living ghosts of the singularity.

Now we wait for conflagration.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

millennials are lazy

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Phlairdon posted:

Sorry, I'm a breast man.

same

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Also they tend to get starry eyed about working for companies like Apple or Facebook.

God forbid you end up working for the government or similar uncool line of work.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the thread about millennials that was picture-oriented was fun i thought i believe it was called "millennials.<popular photo file extension>"

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

lmbo...go get a job and stop wasting people's time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

etalian posted:

Also they tend to get starry eyed about working for companies like Apple or Facebook.

God forbid you end up working for the government or similar uncool line of work.

do they have bean bag chairs at the post office? where is the 24/7 tapped keg of <popular local microbrew>? what about unlimited vacation? :ohdear:

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

4outof5 posted:

lmbo...go get a job and stop wasting people's time

If I do that where will I find time to smoke all this ganja?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

everyone sucks IMO. No one once did a cool thing ever

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

If I do that where will I find time to smoke all this ganja?

ganja smoking factory. boom done. problem solved next. let's keep it moving here people *fingers snapping* it's the day of my daughters wedding and i cannot refuse any requests

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
When I was a kid it was cool to get dolphins tattooed on yourself. I feel like that's a pretty strong case for my generation being the worst.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ants on my cum rag posted:

"Millenials are the worst generation ever"

To anyone who agrees with that statement, gently caress you. Why have we suddenly become the worst people in the world? Because we weren't drafted in some loving war? We went to your Iraq and Afghanistan wars too but instead all we got was a pat on the back and a crippled vet bill. We aren't brave? We don't do anything? At what point do you think fighting for gay, transsexual and equal rights is doing nothing? We aren't obsessed with ourselves. We're not staring at our phones, we're communicating with others. You think posting selfies is narcissistic? Try fellating yourself non stop 24/7 over how you or the generation before you was the "greatest generation ever". Jesus Christ is that ever the most pathetic thing. We aren't "antisocial". You're the people talking about renting some loving log cabin out in the middle of nowhere. How antisocial can you get? Generation X can kiss my rear end too. YOU did nothing. You found out how to steal music, at the most. You have literally accomplished nothing and are a generation of middlemen. Boomers can also go gently caress themselves but a little harder. You crashed the housing market and hosed the economy up and have the nerve to tell us that things were different back in your day but should also be the same when we're somehow finding difficulty with the job market.

I'm so glad I'm not American so I don't have to worry about this bullshit. Maybe you should move

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i'm a willennial

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i'm a willennial

jaden smith !??

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
"Hahah"? Typical lazy kid, can't even finish typing "Hahaha".

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Varg posted:

everyone sucks IMO. No one once did a cool thing ever

Jaden Smith.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

thathonkey posted:

jaden smith !??

Dreddout posted:

Jaden Smith.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Admittedly I am from a working class background but about half of my millennial peers are mentally deranged drug addicts who barely have ambitions to leave their mom's house, let alone work for Google.
The other half does what they're supposed to do and live normal lives and share it on social media.

Then there's a little bit of crossover. All in all, I agree with 50, "the new generation is crazy!"

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Admittedly I am from a working class background but about half of my millennial peers are mentally deranged drug addicts who barely have ambitions to leave their mom's house, let alone work for Google.
The other half does what they're supposed to do and live normal lives and share it on social media.

Then there's a little bit of crossover. All in all, I agree with 50, "the new generation is crazy!"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah it can be hard to find IT related work at the 3 biggest tech companies out there if youre not actually a very good employee but theres so many tech companies plus all the non-tech companies that need a ton of IT it's not like you have to be particularly good to hold down a nice paying job possibly even w benefits

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Imagine being so boring that you earnestly talked about Millenials, Gamer Gate, etc, online

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

Imagine being so boring that you earnestly talked about Millenials, Gamer Gate, etc, online

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

millenials are pretty rough for sure but goddamn

Gen X is the biggest lovely lol gen ever, i mean you people just became a bunch of lame parents and gave up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

I'm imagining it... imagining it... Oh god, I imagined it into reality.

• Locked thread