Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

If they just did this, it'd basically be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Erebus posted:

GI Joe Retaliation was delayed by nine months only a month out from its original release date. The same studio delayed Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters two months before it was meant to be released.

Yeah like those things are the only reason I still think it's possible; but maybe I should be a little less "convinced" it'll happen. The whole marketing synergy thing just seems like an odd thing for execs to give up.

Maybe conversely they'll try to push out another AssCreed for Christmas regardless, but we probably would've heard about it by now.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: "To Space.. and Beyond! Somehow. I Mean, How DO You Get "Beyond" Space?" Edition

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

If they just did this, it'd basically be perfect

I admit, I did chuckle at this, so yeah, it would be perfect.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

theflyingexecutive posted:

My favorite fact about F&F is that all of the leads now have language in their contracts that they cannot be beaten in fights.

I wonder about this rumor, considering that both Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson lost fights in the most recent movie.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vin had the clause and now they all have it going into 8 is the way I heard it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favorite Vin Diesel thing in the movies is the weird as gently caress way they film the Rock coming to their BBQ at the end of 6 or whichever it is. Can't show that Vin is 4 feet shorter so they both stand basically facing away from each other.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In other movie a contract that says the good guys can't lose, even a little, would destroy any tension in the movie.

But, because the FF movies are basically Care Bears for grownups, you're cheering all the way as our heroes always win with the magic of friendship.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sure, why not?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

In other movie a contract that says the good guys can't lose, even a little, would destroy any tension in the movie.

But, because the FF movies are basically Care Bears for grownups, you're cheering all the way as our heroes always win with the magic of friendship.

This knowledge will in no way stop me from seeing Fast 8

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

This knowledge will in no way stop me from seeing Fast 8

If you don't love Fast 4-7 you're a fundamentally broken, joyless husk of a human being.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My favorite fact about F&F is that all of the leads now have language in their contracts that they cannot be beaten in fights.
Michelle Rodriguez should add a "not dying" clause just to be on the safe side.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Alhazred posted:

Michelle Rodriguez should add a "not dying" clause just to be on the safe side.

Or a clause that says whenever she's killed, she gets to come back in the next movie or even the next scene. Call it a Kenny Clause.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Antti posted:

Yeah like those things are the only reason I still think it's possible; but maybe I should be a little less "convinced" it'll happen. The whole marketing synergy thing just seems like an odd thing for execs to give up.

Maybe conversely they'll try to push out another AssCreed for Christmas regardless, but we probably would've heard about it by now.

The last 5 years people have been hoping ubisoft would take a year off from asscreed to make the next game that much better, now people hope they rush a game up for this year to boost the movie marketing :gonk:

Honeydew
Nov 27, 2005

That's a very nice jaffa cake you have there

do you see what they're doing here, do you get it, hmmm hmmm

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

effectual posted:

The last 5 years people have been hoping ubisoft would take a year off from asscreed to make the next game that much better, now people hope they rush a game up for this year to boost the movie marketing :gonk:

gently caress no, I'm not hoping anything! I'm just cynical enough that I am surprised they are missing out on the chance to market both the game and the movie at the same time.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Honeydew posted:

do you see what they're doing here, do you get it, hmmm hmmm

Ascent to Hell, so they're going up(?) to Hell? In what appears to be an M.C. Escher exhibit?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'd be for it if it did go the MC Escher route and filmed it like the Grave Encounters films. Just having poo poo like going up the second floor only to find yourself in a basement. Someone pick axes a wall and dirt is falling out.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't know if this is technically a poster but w/e

Parachute
May 18, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nice. Sharlto Copley is in this, too!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Excited to see Armie Hammer in a non-comedic movie with a real director again.

And, you know, excited for anything by Ben Wheatly.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

If the text wasn't goofy 3d this would be excellent. (the film will likely not be)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

If the text wasn't goofy 3d this would be excellent. (the film will likely not be)

Honestly, the goofy 3D kinda works here for me because it fits with the motion of the ship.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It looks like a box of laundry detergent.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I guess it's some kind of documentary on the current US election:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Palpek posted:

I can't see those movies without thinking they're about bulimia. The taglines on those posters aren't helping either.

Still better than Avatar: the Last Fassbender though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sir Lemming posted:

It looks like a box of laundry detergent.

Lol yes it does

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Palpek posted:

Midnight Animal is looking good

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Oh my God the ship is titled LOLI-CON

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Simply Simon posted:

Oh my God the ship is titled LOLI-CON

Where no man should have gone before

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Where Aatrek went.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Trekkies are pedophiles. It is known
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-ladowsky/pedophilia-and-star-trek_b_5857.html

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Palpek posted:

Kinda weird they'd start with Saints Row 4.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nice callback, that's pretty good.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Adds a dollop of irony to this tagline:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Limited Fan Edition"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MikeJF posted:

Adds a dollop of irony to this tagline:

The older I get the more I think TMP is the best Trek movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

The older I get the more I think TMP is the best Trek movie.

It absolutely kills me that the dramatic improvements of the director's cut never made it to blu-ray.