Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
He left the ToG compound in shame after it failed to work and hasn't returned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Chef does mostly writing and music and i imagine that after 4 years most if not all of that is finished. Those are also both things that you don't want to show much of.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
he should keep his artist blade honed by making more dillbert/bart cartoons imo

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Wow, I've never seen such libel in my life. I quit.

PS. Notice how all of them are moving? They are also changing their names and their faces, and the game is years overdue. Makes you think, huh?

NickPancakes posted:

Dev dudes, how is chef? He's been dead on twitter and here since Jan.

Presumed dead, but also isn't dead, but is still presumed to be dead.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 19, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
He uploaded his consciousness into the game, to make sure it was perfect. Well, at least not completely terrible. Thank you for your sacrifice, Chef.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
he's going over every pixel of Barkley art and dehumanizing every single one.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Gortarius shoved him up his beard into the magical land of food crumbs and mayo droplets.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't know which is worse, being forced to move to NY or being forced to move to London.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Contrary to popular kickstarter trend, the ToGsters spent all of the kickstarter money to destroy a house.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Pierogi posted:

Contrary to popular kickstarter trend, the ToGsters spent all of the kickstarter money to destroy a house.

Blowing poo poo up is cool I guess.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Remember when tog did a tog stream? By the time game comes out at least 10% of the player base will be born after that stream.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the kickstarter update, chums!
My beliefs in the ToG TeAm will not waver regardless of how far they venture in their attempts to elude the police

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I believe in tog...
I believe in the 2023 release date

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

owl milk posted:

Chef does mostly writing and music and i imagine that after 4 years most if not all of that is finished.

lmao

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
I pledge my purity to Lord Clispaeth, ToG and Barkley 2!

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

what about all the people who have died waiting for the game to come out.........

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Barkley 2 is dedicated in loving memory of all its backers.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Modus Pwnens posted:

Barkley 2 is dedicated in loving memory of all its backers.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Kids born after Barkley 2 was funded will be entering preschool this year

there they will learn corporate attitude and it is then they are lost forever

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

[Woo][Rad]

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DeepQantas posted:

I pledge my purity to Lord Clispaeth, ToG and Barkley 2!

How much did you pledge?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Node posted:

How much did you pledge?

A single Tubman.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Gortarius posted:

A single Tubman.

How much did you pledge?

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011

Wednesday's Kickstarter Update posted:

'll update again on Friday with cleaner, more specific details about where we stand in development. I'm well aware this update was just fluff to let you know we are still around. Friday, it's happening!
My faith in Clispaeth continues to be tried.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
maybe they could retain interest with monthly new jpg's of dakimakuras to buy

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Holepunchio posted:

My faith in Clispaeth continues to be tried.

i know we've all made some Good Joke's in this thread about the incredible incompetence of the Game Tales boys

but can we all stop and appreciate this

an update to help quell the fears that they might be dead after 4 years of nothing, an apology for leaving everyone in the dark, and a promise to give clarity and detail on where they're at in development in an update less than 48 hours away

and they can't even do that

thank god we've all been playing this game since its original launch in December 2013 because otherwise we'd start to feel bitter

WarpDogs fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 21, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
in all fairness at least they haven't begged for more money like other kickstarters that take way too long, which at least suggests they're trying to be sustainable/accountable for their fuckups. They haven't tried developing a secret second kickstarter or moved their entire long-distance team to London yet.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

in all fairness at least they haven't begged for more money like other kickstarters that take way too long, which at least suggests they're trying to be sustainable/accountable for their fuckups. They haven't tried developing a secret second kickstarter or moved their entire long-distance team to London yet.

if the second kickstarter was secret, how would you know if they did one?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao i just saw doom 4 has a loving skyrim arrow to the knee joke in it.

can this game come out please . i need something.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
We'd never do a second kickstarter...

...because we would do a Indiegogo flexible funding campaign instead.

Don't worry, the stupid assh*le is working on the gun's kickstarter update thing as we speak. Unfortunately, it will be incredible unimpressive.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Neurolimal posted:

they could sell charles barkley branded boutique coffee

"no, see, we didn't mean that barkley"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Charles Barkley's shut up and Jam 2-pack: can be applied to over 100,000 different types of sandwiches, connect to food.com to upload your unique sandwiches

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

Gortarius reads this post and suddenly has to rewrite the Friday update.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1582684

*Yawns*

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It's gonna be totes sick when the game comes out and is nothing but a folder full of gun sprites.

In the game's defense though it's gonna be a LOT of gun sprites.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I want to play the game, eventually.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

please change K+S (Knockback + Stagger) to SOK (Stagger Or Knockback)

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

then rename recoil to recoil knockback so i can create a GameFAQs guide for RCK 'em SCK 'em gun'sbots

sorry

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Malnourishing Salt Machine Pistol Of The Perfectionist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
+2 Offensive Tek-9''s Of The Beholder's (Awakened)