Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
ITT post about potato chips

Imo the best chips on the market are cape cod salt and vinegar

Best discontinued chips were Doritos white cheddar

Worst chips: uncle rays. Uncle rays is some no name that are sold at seemingly random locations, I've seen 3 stores that had them in my life. Each bag has a bizarre rambling story about uncle rays life that has no context or any relation to the brand or chips. To top it off the chips themselves are stale no matter the date on the bag and so salty you'd think you're eating jizz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

utz' bbq ripple cut. i can't find them often but when i do, I grab me a bag for certainly

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like sour cream pasta peppers

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The bag of monster munch pickled onion I had in UK were legit amazing. Otherwise salty vinnies, but the kettle pepperoncini are making massive inroads to my heart.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Crisps.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once ate a whole bag of monster mash ice cream chips

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

scott zoloft posted:

utz' bbq ripple cut. i can't find them often but when i do, I grab me a bag for certainly

Big fan of Utz, but I'm a Herr's red bag man myself. Pretty miserable that I've moved to the west coast and there are no regional brands. It's either Lays or Lays, which is poo poo.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Sweet Heat lays are King

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Worst chips definitely for me are Munchies.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like to eat jim gantry's bourbon hot wafers out of a paper sack with mayonaisse

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Kindergarten Camp posted:

Worst chips definitely for me are Munchies.

You monster.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

I meant Munchos.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i did not enjoy the ones that lays used to make with olean that caused anal leakage

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like Tyrell's Mature Cheddar and Chive as I am a classy lady.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I can't say I have a favorite. Chips are a rare thing in my life and when presented with the opportunity for them I just grab whatever I feel like at the time. Probably buy a bag twice a year I'd guess.
I prefer salt and vinegar and don't care for BBQ flavor as a general rule. Anything else is just up in the air for me.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

scott zoloft posted:

You go to the trouble of finding Utz chips, but then spoil it by getting BBQ? Even the Utz Girl looks reluctant to reach into that bag of shame. Sour cream and onion or salt and vinegar.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
They are called CRISPS you retarded yanks NOT "potato chips".

You Americans are on par for being as intellectually dumb as the Muslims and blacks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
The Walmart Great Value kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips are better than Cape Cod imho

I think they cut the potatoes thinner or something, they are crunchy as hell like Cape Cod but different somehow

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
best discontinued chips are Doritos Tapatio

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tramadol Junkie posted:

You Americans are on par for being as intellectually dumb as the Muslims and blacks.

Chill out mate, I already said this by saying "Crisps".

Take your Tramadol.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Tramadol Junkie posted:

:yikes:

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

spud posted:

Chill out mate, I already said this by saying "Crisps".

Take your Tramadol.

I said it louder.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXcTRbwbNIA

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Grody posted:

ITT post about potato chips

Imo the best chips on the market are cape cod salt and vinegar

Best discontinued chips were Doritos white cheddar

Worst chips: uncle rays. Uncle rays is some no name that are sold at seemingly random locations, I've seen 3 stores that had them in my life. Each bag has a bizarre rambling story about uncle rays life that has no context or any relation to the brand or chips. To top it off the chips themselves are stale no matter the date on the bag and so salty you'd think you're eating jizz.

ive tried those uncle rays while travellingn on business once. they were indeed insanely salty.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah you better run away yank. We dont put with your Jewish business practices in naming foods here.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
pringles are good + a fun shape

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
what are the chips they have in prison commissary

my girlfriend said they are good

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Better Made Barbecue Chips, 10/10. It can vary by the bag those, sometimes it is pretty weak and other times each chip has 20g of seasoning on it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

just finished a bag of these. utz fuckin own. salty as hell and so delicious.. would prefer the non-rippled kind but this is all they had.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kettle Unsalted are good, believe it or not

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Pickled Onion is the best flavour of Crisps.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Jays Hot Stuff

Just sit there and eat a whole bag like the animal piece of poo poo I am.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

1.5 pounds of a singular chip.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thathonkey posted:

just finished a bag of these. utz fuckin own. salty as hell and so delicious.. would prefer the non-rippled kind but this is all they had.

Cottonseed oil??

What the gently caress do you guys eat, jesus loving christ?!?!

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Not really a fan of potato chips outside of the context of like a club sandwich, tbh.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

chocolate chips

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm semi-addicted to uncle burts beeswax and ragweed hot creole heifer bark

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
In on ground floor of 30+ page thread

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
When I lived in China there was a "shrimp and wasabi" flavored chip. Try as I might, I've never had such a good chip since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ein cooler Typ posted:

what are the chips they have in prison commissary

my girlfriend said they are good

• Locked thread