Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I don't play computer games much, but back when I was a teen there was Elite and it was great. Now there's No Man's Sky coming out and I really want to play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUp_MBEU-U

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/19/8809437/no-mans-sky-preview-e3-2015

quote:

Five minutes into No Man's Sky and I have discovered a new planet, shot an innocent unicorn-lizard creature — literally the first sign of life I had seen — and angered a fleet of space police drones.

Let me back up first. I’m at a suite overlooking the Los Angeles Convention Center meeting with Sean Murray, Managing Director for No Man’s Sky developer Hello Games. No Man's Sky is a space exploration game that promises to support 18 quintillion procedurally-generated worlds (that's 18 trailed by 18 zeros), each of which are massive, colorful planets covered in various climates and procedurally-generated creatures. The ultimate "goal," if you need an incentive, is to explore your way to the very center of the universe. It’s a very ambitious project, especially given that the entirety of Hello Games is less than a dozen people.

Can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
more like No Mans Buy :smug:

Queen of Beans
Jun 15, 2007
yeah this game is totally going to live up to its own hype and it will be a fantastic, rich, rewarding experience. It will succeed where all other procedural games have failed because the sky will be pink sometimes.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Suckers have been falling for this poo poo since Spore was announced in 2000 or so -- probably earilier -- and not a single one has delivered. Not one!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

hobofood posted:

yeah this game is totally going to live up to its own hype and it will be a fantastic, rich, rewarding experience. It will succeed where all other procedural games have failed because the sky will be pink sometimes.

spore 2

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I bought spore for $50 when it first came out because i too believed the hype

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Happy Bear Suit posted:

me 2 :smith:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This is gonna be boring as gently caress.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Happy Bear Suit posted:

i have the dlc

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I might buy the game.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

its not really like spore, guys, it's a survival/exploration game

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
yes but far better than spore

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
any port in a storm until star citizen drops

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its just going to be another big broken sandbox with not enough to do

bearbaiter
May 30, 2011
op, can i troll some kind of in-game online marketplace with grotesque penis monsters???

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
more like No Man's Buy am i rght?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
But it's only 2 weeks until Star Citizen, why bother

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
cram it poindexter

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
its practically spore 3

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh wow a game where you fly around to look at things made by procedural generation. No way that will get old after about twelve minutes!

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Spore was a game of evolution - it was fun travelling to Bad_Data a lot but I think I'll prefer NMS

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Suckers have been falling for this poo poo since Spore was announced in 2000 or so -- probably earilier -- and not a single one has delivered. Not one!

yeah. this game is spore 2 basically. i want to like it. its looks interesting, but i have a feeling its gonna be a glitchy mess that doesn't deliver what it promises at all. every pseudo intellectual "critic" will love it anyway.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I put this on my Steam wishlist ages ago, and I want it to be great, but the more I look at it, the more worried I get, and the better I feel about putting it on my wishlist instead of like, actually pre-ordering it.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
when regular gamers don't like it because it's an elaborate tech demo instead of an actual game, will the hipster games press label them primarily as misogynists or transphobes?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Spore 2.0 will disappoint, no doubt about it. Might be fun for a few hours but it's going to get real boring, real fast going to different randomly generated planets that are a slightly different neon color with long neck dinosaurs instead of long neck dino robots. Looks like a dope as gently caress tech demo but I can't see it working as a game you would want to sink time into.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i legitimately hope it's loving amazing

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
have they released outcast yet

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

huhh, i took a giant poo poo and this showed up in the toilet... let me wipe and eat a bunch and try again

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

1v1 pistols only come at me

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
op I tried to learn more as this sounds really interesting but that video you posted is loving terrible. the guy can't make a loving point to save his life, and the narrative is wandering all over the place. he somehow made a 10 minute video feel both rush and slow at the same time. jesus loving christ give me like a picture and 2 sentences telling me why I should give a poo poo instead of linking this terrible video, come on man, meet me halfway here with your lovely thread

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

The orange planet with mountains is cool but the purple ocean planet is cool too and it has whales with legs meanwhile the grey sand planet with penisbots is where you get the powerup and win the game

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

I put this on my Steam wishlist ages ago, and I want it to be great, but the more I look at it, the more worried I get, and the better I feel about putting it on my wishlist instead of like, actually pre-ordering it.

A "steam wishlist" is the most pathetic sounding thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

coolest looking game people will regret buying of 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hobofood posted:

There's been good procedural games. Like the first xcom, and moo 1

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i hope the center of the universe is just the developers head haha

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

could you imagine if a game developer did something like that

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
you know op that was a bit harsh, you did link to another lovely verge article that gave me a wholly incomplete picture of some nerd jerking himself off over his own cleverness which I read and makes it seem like this game is way too good to be true

so what's bullshit about it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

phasmid posted:

A "steam wishlist" is the most pathetic sounding thing.

it emails you when things are on sale so its kinda useful
also if you're a stream person idiots will buy you gifts on it to make their depression feel better

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

rabble rabble posted:

op I tried to learn more as this sounds really interesting but that video you posted is loving terrible. the guy can't make a loving point to save his life, and the narrative is wandering all over the place. he somehow made a 10 minute video feel both rush and slow at the same time. jesus loving christ give me like a picture and 2 sentences telling me why I should give a poo poo instead of linking this terrible video, come on man, meet me halfway here with your lovely thread

i'm terribly sorry here's 21 minutes of gameplay with Sean Murray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uMFHoF8VA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
so is the idea that the external community will maintain the necessary fiction to keep this going and in any way interesting, like eve?

• Locked thread