Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Anyone else been up and starving at a Waffle House at the witching hour? I think Steak 'n Shake is better at night, but I'll take what I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The only time I've been to a Waffle House was during my trip to the dump.

Oh I mean the south.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I puked up my excess liquor and ordered a Texas Bacon Patty Melt, if anyone cares.

Hashbrowns are scattered, smothered, diced, and capped.

Haha, no one gives a poo poo in a godless, empty universe. Just kidding.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
oooh that sounds like a treat...

i was a asleep then i woke up, now im laying in bed vaping a bowl making some posts

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm sorry you live somewhere where they have Waffle House.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
legitimately jealous I'll admit

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Late night Waffle House was one of my favorite places in my 20s

Great times

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
You know why they have a carton full of sauces? It's because their burgs and hashbrowns don't taste like anything, you need the WH sauce and Tabasco to make it taste flavorful when you're shoving it down your gullet.

I'm full and it tasted crispy at a time when everything else is closed, so it's worth it.

I'll probably regret making this thread in the morning. Oh well~!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mariana Horchata posted:

oooh that sounds like a treat...

i was a asleep then i woke up, now im laying in bed vaping a bowl making some posts

I wish I was vaping. All I had was a bunch of alcohol at the bar.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I wish I was vaping. All I had was a bunch of alcohol at the bar.

You should probably do the world a favor and drive home

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I woke up an hour ago and finished an Italian sub I had in the fridge. Not a good one, like one of those charity subs that come with a mayo packet and the lettuce/onions are in separate baggies. 6/10 experience for mid night snacking

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Windows 98 posted:

You should probably do the world a favor and drive home

Compared to what? Eating a lovely burg on toast?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I woke up an hour ago and finished an Italian sub I had in the fridge. Not a good one, like one of those charity subs that come with a mayo packet and the lettuce/onions are in separate baggies. 6/10 experience for mid night snacking

Eating a fridge sub is lame because the mayo gets the bread all soggy and it feels disappointing. Not saying you're lame, just the leftovers.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
If GBS could eat one entree at Waffle House, what would it be?

*Note that this does not include veiled requests for suicide.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hey guys just eating some good old uncle sam flaxseed cereal for a midnight snack gently caress it takes like 30 minutes to chew a mouthful of this poo poo jesus. im envious of you this night, OP!!

TheSweatyButcher
Oct 10, 2011

Why is this wet?
When I go to Waffle House, I like to order biscuits and gravy with a pitcher of coffee and watch the staff fight amongst themselves while Chattahoochee plays on the jukebox.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It cost $9.90 for my burg with bacon and hashbrowns. Not too bad for the privilege of a warm meal at this time of night.

When you've forgotten to eat all day and decided to drink instead, this is a good trade-off. Just some life advice in this chill thread.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

TheSweatyButcher posted:

When I go to Waffle House, I like to order biscuits and gravy with a pitcher of coffee and watch the staff fight amongst themselves while Chattahoochee plays on the jukebox.

Last time I went to Waffle House, they were dancing to some song on the jukebox. Maybe my local Waffle House is chiller than yours?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
there is good waffle house and bad waffle houseand you will not be able to tell at a glance which it is unless its your local

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i went to one right outside of new orleans probly one of many when i was staying nearby and i could not believe the good vibes admittedly it was a stellar morning and close to mardi gras but the staff was groovin' and the food was ridiculously well cooked for griddle/diner stuff

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Eating a fridge sub is lame because the mayo gets the bread all soggy and it feels disappointing. Not saying you're lame, just the leftovers.

The mayo was not on that half of the sub yet which I think is what gave it a passing grade

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shaquin posted:

i went to one right outside of new orleans probly one of many when i was staying nearby and i could not believe the good vibes admittedly it was a stellar morning and close to mardi gras but the staff was groovin' and the food was ridiculously well cooked for griddle/diner stuff

Do ladies show your their tits for Mardi Gras at a Waffle House?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I should also contribute and say I've never been to a waffle house OP. I think I was at an IHOP once as a kid

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

If GBS could eat one entree at Waffle House, what would it be?

*Note that this does not include veiled requests for suicide.

Triple order of hashbrows scattered smothered covered chunked topped peppered

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Aesop Poprock posted:

I feel like I should also contribute and say I've never been to a waffle house OP. I think I was at an IHOP once as a kid
Different worlds.

mango sentinel posted:

Triple order of hashbrows scattered smothered covered chunked topped peppered
:agreed:

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I am a dirty californian and I've never set foot in a waffle house although I've driven past them while travelling around Maryland.

How are the waffles there? Have one and report back, for the good of the thread!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
how do they compare with other common chains like ihop, denny's, and the likes? Cause I would consider those okay for what they are but worse than what you could cook at home or get at a more local dinner.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
waffle house and steak n shake are both primo drunk places to eat

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

ArbitraryC posted:

how do they compare with other common chains like ihop, denny's, and the likes? Cause I would consider those okay for what they are but worse than what you could cook at home or get at a more local dinner.

way better

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
waffle house is better than ihop because it's unapologetic

ihop tries too hard to be a nice fancy restaurant like olive garden

waffle house embraces its image of where you go when youre drunk at 2am for hash browns or drug deals

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
can someone make me an avatar thats my old avatar but all jazzed up

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
:lurkmore:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen more fist fights at Waffle House than any bar I've ever been to.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

* Goes to a restaurant called WAFFLE house and doesn't buy a goddamned waffle.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I've seen more fistings in gay bars

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
one time i was at waffle house in south georgia and a guy was unironically wearing a sleeveless flannel it was rad

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
then we went to cracker barrel and the waitress was the sweetest old lady ever but I couldn't stop thinking about how she would probably loving hate us if we were black

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Cracker barrel is good af

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've only been to a waffle house once, and when anyone walked into everyone yelled at the top of their lungs "HOWDY!" - It was so bizzare.

Do they still do this at 2am?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

waffle house is better than ihop because it's unapologetic

ihop tries too hard to be a nice fancy restaurant like olive garden

waffle house embraces its image of where you go when youre drunk at 2am for hash browns or drug deals

wait you think olive garden is fancy?

• Locked thread