Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I was always suprised snuff sided with the mbc. CFC was large but it was never a threat to snuff, where as having PL and gang near limits snuffs ability to escalate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I'm starting an actual L4 guide thats unified so you dont have to ctrl f everything on eve-survival and better lists blitzable missions (I'm grinding for standing so I run a lot that arent really blitzes but still p fast).

PM or jabber me if you want the link an/or edit rights

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Reverand maynard posted:

I was always suprised snuff sided with the mbc. CFC was large but it was never a threat to snuff, where as having PL and gang near limits snuffs ability to escalate.
Did you overlook the bit where the CFC launched a direct invasion of Snuff's stomping grounds and started hitting their money moons?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Hey goons, looking for a Rattle fit. Mainly ratting and eventually want to be able to solo 10/10s. Initial budget plan is 800mil.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Deadtear's weakness is rated g conversation

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LemonDrizzle posted:

Did you overlook the bit where the CFC launched a direct invasion of Snuff's stomping grounds and started hitting their money moons?

the cfcs sphere of influence didn't extend much beyond direct range of saranen into lowsec

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

vyst posted:

Deadtear's weakness is rated g conversation

+ toonies

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

why is phreeze in tishu

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Orange Red Bull posted:

why is phreeze in tishu

Because his subhuman empire bit the dust.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Didn't Phreeze sell his character?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Landsknecht posted:

if it's the PL saranen camp, people are using instalock lokis with rsebos.

This means a <1s lock time, which is crazy.

A few weeks back, these guys were on the saranen undock. I undocked with my taxi and clicked warp to 93pi.
They locked me and blew me up before the game could say, "Warp Drive active"
I honestly did not believe it could be that fast.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
undocking doesnt give you the benefit of the tick of cloak

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

undocking doesnt give you the benefit of the tick of cloak

It doesn't no. But it was still incredibly fast. As I said, I clicked warp and blew up immediately. I was in my pod when the game acknowledged my warp command and said, "Warp drive active". By that point, since my ship was already a thing of the past, I was obviously not warping.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dalael posted:

A few weeks back, these guys were on the saranen undock. I undocked with my taxi and clicked warp to 93pi.
They locked me and blew me up before the game could say, "Warp Drive active"
I honestly did not believe it could be that fast.

It's because you had to change alignment.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

It's because you had to change alignment.

Yes, obviously. It was so fast tho that my ship barely had time to start aligning that I was dead. I clicked, I died then I heard "Warp Drive active"
Since that day, I always use my insta-warp bookmark.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deofuta posted:

Didn't Phreeze sell his character?

Yes, he did.

He's in PL again on a new character.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

FranktheBank posted:

Hey goons, looking for a Rattle fit. Mainly ratting and eventually want to be able to solo 10/10s. Initial budget plan is 800mil.

What faction 10/10? As in - can it be active tanked or will there be neuts? With Purger IIs in all rig slots, 3 or 4 low and 2 mid shield rechargers, 2 large shield extender mids and some resist mods you have stupidly high passive regen.

E: this is from before the changes to refit with a weapons timer but gives you something to think about. Also don't be a poor and get geckos.

If you're running this, the idea is essentially to switch your lows between SPRs and DDAs based on incoming damage to get the most damage possible out of it. If you get ganked you'll probably poo poo on a couple nerds because the passive tank with all SPRs is in the thousands.
[Rattlesnake, Passivesnake]

Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum B-Type Thermic Dissipation Amplifier
Pithum B-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Shield Recharger II
Shield Recharger II

*Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Purger II

Garde II x2
Wasp II x2
Curator II x2
Hornet EC-300 x5
*Rapid Heavies are generally preferred in C3 Sites. Keep Cruises around for C4 ratting.

Things to have in your hold for the snake -
So for the rattle you want an RF TP to replace a shield recharger II, 3 Drone Damage Amps to replace beta reactors, 3 ballistic controls for magnetars, and 6 warp core stabs for walks on the moon. You should also bring an MJD and a cloak in case bad things happen.

Jon Von Anchovi fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 25, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

What faction 10/10? As in - can it be active tanked or will there be neuts?

Sansha faction. Cenus Assembly.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

FranktheBank posted:

Sansha faction. Cenus Assembly.

Hmm well a snake is very not ideal. Sansha 10/10 spits a torpedo of pure EM dmg; which your snakes shield tank has 0 natural resist against (other than the resist per level from the hull bonus.)

E: If you have the drone and Gallente BS skills to fly a snake, I woukd be looking at an armour tanked dominix instead of the snake

Jon Von Anchovi fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 25, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Im going to set up an alt based around cov ops exploration stuff. Eventually I'd like to do wormhole stuff with it. I'll also train into a stealth bomber as well because why not. Which race currently has the best cov op ships? And as someone who has never been in a wormhole this stuff would be useful there right?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Im going to set up an alt based around cov ops exploration stuff. Eventually I'd like to do wormhole stuff with it. I'll also train into a stealth bomber as well because why not. Which race currently has the best cov op ships? And as someone who has never been in a wormhole this stuff would be useful there right?

Helios supremacy

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Probably the Cheetah or Anathema, one is fast the other easy to fit.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 25, 2016

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

Helios supremacy

This is the best one for wormhole stuff without question. The limited highs don't handicap you since cynos are useless in there.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You can start right away with the Astero, because the bonus is baked into the hull. It's equal to the T1 exploration frigate at V. You need a T2 COVOPS (to IV) to get better base strength.
For pure scanny work the Buzzard is hard to beat. You can fit a MWD, your scanning upgrades and hacking tools.

Does anyone have an up-to-date PI tool? I'm sure I remember being able to punch a bunch of planets into something and getting a list of possible outcomes + prices, but nothing I can Google up does that any more.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
For Blood/Sansha 10/10s I used to triplebox a Abaddon/Domi/Domi, or later a sleepytime setup Broadsword/Domi/DPS. I don't think it's worth trying with a single account given you may not meet the dps threshold to break the station tank within a reasonable amount of time.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Khablam posted:

You can start right away with the Astero, because the bonus is baked into the hull. It's equal to the T1 exploration frigate at V. You need a T2 COVOPS (to IV) to get better base strength.
For pure scanny work the Buzzard is hard to beat. You can fit a MWD, your scanning upgrades and hacking tools.

Does anyone have an up-to-date PI tool? I'm sure I remember being able to punch a bunch of planets into something and getting a list of possible outcomes + prices, but nothing I can Google up does that any more.

https://fazenda.github.io/ ? If you're looking for something you can punch actual planets into this won't work, but if you know the planet types you'll be working with you'll see possible inputs/outputs all the way up to tier 4

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

https://fazenda.github.io/ ? If you're looking for something you can punch actual planets into this won't work, but if you know the planet types you'll be working with you'll see possible inputs/outputs all the way up to tier 4

There is this one from Eve Uni http://util.eveuniversity.org/PiBear

If you put in a system it'll tell you what P4s you can using just that one system.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Hmm well a snake is very not ideal. Sansha 10/10 spits a torpedo of pure EM dmg; which your snakes shield tank has 0 natural resist against (other than the resist per level from the hull bonus.)

E: If you have the drone and Gallente BS skills to fly a snake, I woukd be looking at an armour tanked dominix instead of the snake

Interesting. What kind of fit would I need for the domi?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
66 contracts and an ISK transfer later and one of my characters is now devoid of all assets and isk, excluding one set of +4 Int / Mem implants when I remap in about 10 days. Inspired by VG, I'm taking him on a walkabout, starting with a Pend Insurance provided Velator, my mission will be to take him from nothing to something. Not sure what the ultimate goal is yet, but I like the idea of having a character that can fly any frigate, destroyer or cruiser and seeing what I can do with him.

With a 2-month old, I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with Eve anyway, or join fleets late at night as usual, so this will give me some direction and casual goals to reach for.

Any thoughts on restrictions? I'm thinking I can't join a corp, but I can form one once I can afford it, to avoid taxes. Also thinking that I have to try to kill something at least once a day (that I play).

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

WhoNeedsAName posted:

There is this one from Eve Uni http://util.eveuniversity.org/PiBear

If you put in a system it'll tell you what P4s you can using just that one system.

Thanks. This is vaguely useful, but the one I used to have would just give you the costs of each P2/P3/P4 you could make in a system so it'd be easy to work out which was actually the one to do.

Guess I can spreadsheet it :negative:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Dr. Pangloss posted:

66 contracts and an ISK transfer later and one of my characters is now devoid of all assets and isk, excluding one set of +4 Int / Mem implants when I remap in about 10 days. Inspired by VG, I'm taking him on a walkabout, starting with a Pend Insurance provided Velator, my mission will be to take him from nothing to something. Not sure what the ultimate goal is yet, but I like the idea of having a character that can fly any frigate, destroyer or cruiser and seeing what I can do with him.

With a 2-month old, I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with Eve anyway, or join fleets late at night as usual, so this will give me some direction and casual goals to reach for.

Any thoughts on restrictions? I'm thinking I can't join a corp, but I can form one once I can afford it, to avoid taxes. Also thinking that I have to try to kill something at least once a day (that I play).

I did something similar since yesterday but it was basically putting a new character into horde. I haven't ratted with anything lower than 50 million SP in five years and this morning I found myself pulling serpentis frigates away from its cruiser friends.

I loving hate to loving say it goddammit but the motherfucking dailies WoW bullshit is fun. gently caress.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
gently caress you CCP for forcing me to rediscover fun in a shitskilled rifter.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

I did something similar since yesterday but it was basically putting a new character into horde. I haven't ratted with anything lower than 50 million SP in five years and this morning I found myself pulling serpentis frigates away from its cruiser friends.

I loving hate to loving say it goddammit but the motherfucking dailies WoW bullshit is fun. gently caress.

Incentive for everyone to log in and undock once a day. :D

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

somnolence posted:

Incentive for everyone to log in and undock once a day. :D

And I'm upset about how eager I am to get home and take a few more of my ultra low sp cyno alts through their dailies. The first character I took through a daily was a 50M SP character in a Raptor with T2 guns. I took a level 1 mission to avoid having to wait for belt spawns and found that I could blap frigate rats. Instead of stopping at the first rat I found the blapping and agility so satisfying that I finished the mission.

Motherfucking stupid game.

But with so much SP it's not very satisfying to have another TEN THOUSAND WHOLE S-Pees :hawaaaafap:. Sure enough, take the same 10k and spend it upgrading a bunch of core skills from level one to two and the daily is a half hour of fun and possibly some refit to go with it after freeing up some fitting with skills.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Dr. Pangloss posted:

You can casually do industry/pve easily, pvp will require some thought as to how to go about with your time intervals.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

quote:

Dear Player,

As a result of recent issues and trends, CCP Customer Services have experienced a dramatic increase in support ticket creation. Following this, our response time in recent weeks has often exceeded what we believe to be acceptable. This has resulted in a service level below what we are determined to provide and our players deserve.

In light of this we have made the difficult decision to reply to tickets in certain categories with a mass reply. We have also set those tickets’ status to 'pending response from customer'.

If you haven't done so already, we ask that you consider making use of our self-help center if your issue has not been resolved at this time. We do so in the hope that you will be able to find a solution to your issue without having to wait for assistance from Customer Services.

Should your issue remain unresolved and you believe you require assistance from Customer Services, then we ask you to please reply to this message. We will then continue to hold your ticket in queue to be addressed. Please be aware that while we will strive to get back to you as soon as possible, we still have an extensive backlog of outstanding tickets and there may therefore be some time before we are able to review and respond to your ticket.

Should you choose not to update your ticket, it will automatically be marked as resolved after 7 days.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these delays cause, and assure you that we are doing everything we possibly can to get back to the level of service you deserve.

Best Regards,
Lead GM Lelouch
CCP Customer Support | EVE Online | DUST 514 | EVE Valkyrie

What an awful game

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

If you don't name your new corp, "My Two Month Old is a Future Olympian," I'm not sure I can speak to you ever again.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

RhoA posted:

If you don't name your new corp, "My Two Month Old is a Future Olympian," I'm not sure I can speak to you ever again.

It shall be done. Not like you're ever around any more... burn any more labs down recently?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

It shall be done. Not like you're ever around any more... burn any more labs down recently?

Nah buddy, research year is done. I'm now taking care of ER patients. :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Dr. Pangloss posted:

If you want a really silly restriction, you could try 'iron man' and past a certain point only use modules you loot on your ships.

This is phenomenally dumb and that's why I suggest it

• Locked thread